How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?

I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the
whole address.  Street, City, Zip/Postal etc.   I need to split those
components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge.  Is
there any way to do this.  I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I
if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding.

Thanks

S.
0
scott7693 (519)

If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields
contain commas), you could select the column and do:

Data|text to columns
delimited
comma

Remember to keep enough open columns to the right so you don't overwrite any
info.

If you didn't use commas, maybe you could use delimited by space.

But if you have a city like:
King of Prussia, Pa

this won't work as well.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Excel 2007

move cell contents