How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word? #2

Niice... not one view let alone a repl

--
Devit
Devitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442

Hi!

The day is only just beginning for some of us..

Have you tried putting Dav in your Find?

Check the search options - make sure match entire cell contents is no
checked and choose look in formulas.

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

Patience Devitt.

It has been only 44 minutes since your first posting.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:59:45 -0500, Devitt
<Devitt.1e079z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Niice... not one view let alone a reply

0
Gord

How to have a program die directly without popping up a error mess
I wrote a server program in VC++ 6.0. Every time it crash there comes up an error message window asking me to terminate or to debug. Is there any way to have the program die directly without coming up that error message window ? ( My server program run in background and if it die its supervisor program will restart it automatically. So it’s better to have it die directly without having to answer the error message window asking to terminate or to debug program. ) This message box is not due to your program crashing, at least not directly. Look in Tools->Options on the Debug ta...

Bcc field #2
I've lost the email fanclublist of our site (http://www.conniekennie.nl). All I can do is look if I can read the bcc-field of a previous email. Is there a way to see the email addresses in this field (with a little tiny program perhaps)? Can someone help me? Please! Thank you in advance, Ed Rosman http://www.ed-rosman.nl http://www.conniekennie.nl are they messages you sent as BCC? If so, you can see the list on the message in the Sent folder. if someone BCCd you, you can't see the list of who was BCCd. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in ...

2 Workflows
I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity, will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminder that they need to edit a field on another entity. And I would also like to know how to create a workflow that will, when a field is populated in one entity, create a new record for another (related) entity. Is this possible? Thank you very much. On Aug 17, 6:49=A0am, Bernardina <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity= , > will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminde...

Compatible publishing program with Word
I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA. My problem is in trying to email the newsletter to the various board members. I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that will allow Word users to open the email. Have you thought of using Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Graph With 2 Sources
Is there a way to create a graph which gets it's source data from 2+ worksheets? Each worksheet charts the same kind of data. The x-axis length does vary but I don't mind manually entering the cell references. Look at Charting Data From Different Sheets: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html You can't put data from different sheets into the values for a single series. My question for you: if you don't mind manually entering cell references, why haven't you just linked cells in a third worksheet to the cells in the first two, and pl...

email recovery #2
i just recently reformated my computer to the extentent of no lossage of files on my computer. everything was retained except the files. my isp said they should be still on my computer but dont know the extension to the files. i was wondering how i could recover these files. my os is win xp,office 2000, outlook 2000. outlook 2000 email, contacts, calendar, .etc is stored in a file with *.pst extension. default location is in a hidden directory under one of the following locations. \documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook \documents and settings\<u...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

Outlook Client Error #2
I have one user that is receiving the following error after installing the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. "Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing." This happens after using Outlook for a few minutes. If I remove the client the error will stop appearing. She is using Outlook 2007 on windows XP. I have applied Hotfix kb970944 and all applicable updates to Outlook. The user dose have a large amount of emails in her inbox, but I have other u...

Help With A Spreadsheet for a silent auction
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to help with a silent auction. What I would like to do is enter the winners bidder number as well as the winning bid in 2 columns corresponding to the item number. I originally thought of creating an individual work sheet for each item, then just entering the bidder number and winning bid in to each sheet and having the formula search through all the sheets. Either way, I need to then search through the information I have put in so that I can easily gather the total amount a bidder has spent, as well as the item numbers that they have won. ...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Re-Installing Microsoft Word
I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download -- keepitmovn keepitmovn wrote: > I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download There is no download other than the trial version of Office 2007 (http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?sku=3203819&culture=en-US) or the beta of Office 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx), both of which will eventually expire. When you first got Office, was it bundled with a new computer? If so, you should have gotten a CD for reinstalling; if you never got ...

vba copyright protection #2
I have created a spreadsheet which utilizes many of my own custom built macros and formulas. Does anyone know whether or not my vba code and/or formulas can be copyrighted--ie legally protected? thanks, Bill --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Searching free email account provider with POP3 AND SMTP (!!!!) access
I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent spammers) would be ok. I have seen some lists of such services but most of them do NOT provide SMTP access (!) although claimed! Thomas Thomas Hansen <thans2000@gmx.net> wrote: > I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts > with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent > spammers) would be ok. Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bpop+%2Bsmtp -- Brian Tillman POP3 is how in...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

2 copies of every new e-mail!
I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies of every e-mail in my inbox Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one copy of each e-mail? On 30 Apr 2004 10:06, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC >and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies >of every e-mail in my inbox. > >Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one...

publisher/word templates
I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts website that has the same templetes for Publisher, but in Word format. kl wrote: > I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my > responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get > the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have > Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts > website that has the same templetes for Publishe...

If Then Statements #2
Need help. Need to turn the following into a formula within Excel. If B19>45 then A19 If B19>=45 but <100 then B19*A20 If B19>=100 but <300 then B19*A21 Thanks, Hi try =IF(B19>=100,IF(B19<300,B19*A21,"not defined"),IF(B19>=45,B19*A20,A19)) I assumed that your first condition should read B19<45 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mh4568 wrote: > Need help. Need to turn the following into a formula within Excel. > > If B19>45 then A19 > If B19>=45 but <100 then B19*A20 > If B19>=100 but <300 then B19*A21 > >...

can I use the E2K7 Management console without installing E2K7 into the Org?
I know there's a 32 bit version of the management console for things like Windows XP, but do I have to perform things like /adprep before I can install it on my windows XP desktop? Can it be used to at least view, if not manage an exising Exchange 2000/2003 org that hasn't had E2K7 installed into it yet? I'd like to be able to utilize some of the E2K7 specific powershell things, like the cmdlets and the AD Provider, without having to change our existing exchange/AD environment (our E2K7 migration project isn't scheduled to start until next year). The Exchange 2007 Managemen...

Pivot Table percentages #2
I have created a pivot table that is running off some data that looks like this (simplified version): Name Accept Decline Joe 1 0 Mary 1 0 Fred 0 1 The pivot table then counts these columns to give the total number of accepts and declines (on 2 seperate lines). Is there a way within the pivot table to represent the declines as a percentage of the accepts? I've tried using the % of Row and % of Column, but I can't find a way of doing it as a percentage of a different column/row. I have...

Service STORE is falling #2
Hello to All, I need a help with the problem that is happening with our server of exchange 5.5 and windows NT 4.0. The problem that is happening is that suddenly the service of STORE falls, seeking the mistake that is happening found the following note of MS that I am enclosing, only that we already sought and we didn't get to find a program to be accessing some of the mentioned doors. Did this problem happen please already with you or you know what can be? Regards, Lincoln Rollin Backup and apply SP4 and post-SP hot-fixes. Lincoln Rollin wrote: > Hell...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
Hi! We are using mscrm 1.2 successfully for a while now (no mail router, no outlook client). Now we tried to integrate it into our exchange environment using the outlook client. Online is working fine but the offline functionality isn't working. Obviously the local msde- database is not getting any data. The error message is: "Metadata-Cache error, No entity!" The log says: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E00. Error Message: Exception...

Problem saving a spreadsheet
I created an Excel spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. When other people edit the spreadsheet and try to save it they get a message saying the file is set as read only. They are directed to save the file as another name. The save dialog box comes up and saves the file as a "copy of" the original. If you right click on the file and go to properties the read only attribute is not selected. Why does this keep happening? My guess is that this is actually nothing to do with the spreadsheet but more to do with your network settings. Although you have set the properties o...

Site #2
Hi, Can You tell me What is A Site ? Have a look at this article: http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/8743/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook_8743.html Glen "niru" <niru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4788B71F-430F-49A8-9164-7023E234F287@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can You tell me What is A Site ? ...