How do I save the same document in 2 different files

I save my budget document during each use. In Excel 2003 I was able to save
it once a week to a 2nd 'safety' file as well. Now with 2007 there is no
'save as' (at least not that I can find) so am not able to save a 2nd copy
for safety. It's a very different program and I realize I have to get use to
the changes. Can anyone help?

hi
click the office button. the save as command is on the drop down.

also check this site out. it might help in the future.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101491511033.aspx
also ron has a good one.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

regards
FSt1
"MineEH" wrote:

> I save my budget document during each use. In Excel 2003 I was able to save
> it once a week to a 2nd 'safety' file as well. Now with 2007 there is no
> 'save as' (at least not that I can find) so am not able to save a 2nd copy
> for safety. It's a very different program and I realize I have to get use to
> the changes. Can anyone help?
Office Button>Save As...........your choice of format.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:15:02 -0700, MineEH <MineEH@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I save my budget document during each use. In Excel 2003 I was able to save
>it once a week to a 2nd 'safety' file as well. Now with 2007 there is no
>'save as' (at least not that I can find) so am not able to save a 2nd copy
>for safety. It's a very different program and I realize I have to get use to
>the changes. Can anyone help?

0
Gord
4/7/2010 10:14:01 PM
On 4/7/2010 3:14 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
> Office Button>Save As...........your choice of format.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:15:02 -0700, MineEH<MineEH@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I save my budget document during each use. In Excel 2003 I was able to save
>> it once a week to a 2nd 'safety' file as well. Now with 2007 there is no
>> 'save as' (at least not that I can find) so am not able to save a 2nd copy
>> for safety. It's a very different program and I realize I have to get use to
>> the changes. Can anyone help?

or keyboard shortcut Alt - F - A.

There are tutorials/suggestions/examples on the web about using the new
ribbon interface.

Bill
0
Billns

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Where is the workspace file stored?

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

cant start outlook pst file to large

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Please ignore #2

Trying to read XML file into dataset

matching contents #2

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

opening .bak file