How do I save data with different colored fonts in EXCEL 2003?

I have a rather large spreadsheet with some data set to different colors that
mean different thigs to those of us that use it.  For some reason, these
color changes are not being saved when I save my spreadsheet.  When I open my
spreadsheet again, the colors are gone.

     Which version of Excel are you using?  Are you sure that you're saving
the spreadsheet as Excel (and not as some other file type which Excel can
read)?  Is the resultant file keeping a suffix of ".xls"?  If not, then the
data is being saved but not the formatting specifications.  Next time you
save the file, use "Save As" and make sure that the "Save as type" box
contains "Microsoft Excel Workbook."

Steve in Ohio

(To properly maintain the Newsgroup, click the YES or NO button on your
original posting to clear your entry, once you have or have not resolved this
issue with this correspondence thread – Steve.)

"tidebelle2" wrote:

> I have a rather large spreadsheet with some data set to different colors that
> mean different thigs to those of us that use it.  For some reason, these
> color changes are not being saved when I save my spreadsheet.  When I open my
> spreadsheet again, the colors are gone.

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

data sort

learning Excel #3

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Pulling data from separate tabs

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Excel VBA