HOW DO I ROUND A NUMBER TO THE NEAREST MULTIPLE OF 5?

..I TRIED THIS FORMULA
=MROUND(A1,5) AND THE FPRMULA DIDN'T WORK WHERE A1 IS THE NUMBER THAT I WANT
TO ROUNG OFF
0
ALCID (1)

how about something like this? =ROUND(a1/5,0)*5

--
Charles
www.officezealot.com
"ALCID" <ALCID@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> .I TRIED THIS FORMULA
> =MROUND(A1,5) AND THE FPRMULA DIDN'T WORK WHERE A1 IS THE NUMBER THAT I
> WANT
> TO ROUNG OFF

0
charles1 (25)
9/28/2004 12:20:15 AM
=mround() needs to have the analysis toolpak loaded.

Tools|addins
(see help for =mround() for more info)

Another way without the analysis toolpak.
=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"ALCID" <ALCID@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> .I TRIED THIS FORMULA
> =MROUND(A1,5) AND THE FPRMULA DIDN'T WORK WHERE A1 IS THE NUMBER THAT
I WANT
> TO ROUNG OFF

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/28/2004 12:28:57 AM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:59:04 -0700, "ALCID" <ALCID@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>.I TRIED THIS FORMULA
>=MROUND(A1,5) AND THE FPRMULA DIDN'T WORK WHERE A1 IS THE NUMBER THAT I WANT
>TO ROUNG OFF

If you got the #NAME error, see HELP for MROUND.  You need to install the
Analysis Tool Pak.

Or you could use this formula:

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

GP 6-->7.5-->9
I'm testing for an upgrade from GP 6 to 7.5 to 9 on VMWARE, win2003 server, sql2000sp3. - I installed GP6, created all the companies and users - Tested connectivity (ok) - Restored production databases to test build - Tested connectivity (ok) - Ran 7.5 install - After install required to run GP Utilities - Logged on as dbase admin to Server: Dynamics - Got welcome message, clicked Next and get the following message "A previous version of Great Plains has been detected. To proceed, you need to upgrade your Great Plains system database. Other users are currently using Great Plains. Yo...

move mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003, users can't delete items
We've been moving mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 box to an Exchange 2003 SP2 system. The moves seem to work fine (no errors) but when some users go into Outlook and try to delete messages from the "deleted items" folder, they can't. No error messages occur, nothing happens. If you do a SHIFT-DEL, then the items can be deleted. We've also noticed that the "recover deleted items" option is greyed out. The client systems that seem to have the most problems are those users running Outlook 2000. I tested creating a user account with a mailbox on the 5.5 box. Sen...

number changes into date-but I do not want it
when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! odabuda@aol.com wrote: > when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like > nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right click the cell select format and make sure the cell isn't formatted as a date field. Should be number. gls858 Most unusual. Normal pattern for 11-2 but not 11.2 Try formatting the cells to General. What is the date separator set for in your W...

Publisher
hi! i want to print on 5.5 x 4 cards not paper. where in publisher can you change the size to fit 5.5 x 4 cards. this is for thank you cards, so i will be putting something on the front page and flipping it over to complete the inside. Col Publisher has card templates for 5½x4¼. Is that what size you're using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1753B6-81DF-4762-899E-805E13B67E08@microsoft.com... > hi! > i want to...

Count Multiple Text Entries
Hi, Following a post I did yesterday 'Count Text to get a Percentage'....my next post is that I need to count text entries in differing cells to get a result - Probably Sumproduct is the probably the answer but despite reading up can't get it. In Cell A1 (Title Merged across): Have you Carried out a H&S Check? In Cell A2: Select Job Title In Cell A3: Is the list (Validation List), Plasterer, Chippy, Brickie In Cell B3: Answer = Yes or No (Validation) Q: If I get: Chippy (A3) and Yes (B3)......how can I sum this to get a figure? to the effect that every Chip...

ExMerge with Exchange 5.5
Does anyone have good information on the ExMerge command? I need to clean out some old maiboxes and I want to archive the mailbox before deleteing it. Does this also copy the Calender, Tasks, and Contacts? Thanks, Erin exmerge will make a complete copy of the mailbox (including items in the dumpster, if you so specify in "options")... "EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com" <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94BD993A-8212-488C-9ECB-0FB97535BA4F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have good information on the ExMerge command? I ...

multiple scenario forumla (maybe a nested if statement)
I have a spreadsheet of possible hiring canidates that may or may not go through 5 stages of the hiring process which are listed below. I need to know for instance if a candidate made it through some stages or all stages of the hiring process. Under the column headings (Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen 4 1st interview, Chosen 4 2nd Interview, Hired) the data will be listed but Im not sure how to say Canidate 1 made it through all but the Chosen 2nd Intereview. Canidate Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen 1st interview, Chosen 2nd Interview, Hired 1 2 3 Any ...

format of complex numbers
Hello, I have a problem concerning the data format when entering a comple number in Excel. I want to enter the complex number 2+0.01i So I enter �=COMPLEX(2;0,01;"i")� but when the number shows up in th worksheet it looks like: 2+1E-002i and I would like it to appear a 2+0.01i . So how do I change the format of the complex number? I have tried t use the Format cell option but it does not work -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =complex() returned a string--not a number. That's why changing the number format won't work. I don't have a pretty sug...

Excel 2003 #5
How do I stop the "Getting Started" window opening each time Excel starts? To enable / disable the Getting Started task pane: 1. Click on Tools | Options to display the Options dialog box. 2. Click on the View tab. 3. Uncheck the Startup Task Pane check box. Sucy Wrote: > How do I stop the "Getting Started" window opening each time Excel > starts? -- mainemike Many thanks for your help! "mainemike" wrote: > > To enable / disable the Getting Started task pane: > 1. Click on Tools | Options to display the Options dialog box. > 2. Click o...

Multiple plot areas
I am trying to create a figure consisting of four graphs, displayed beneath each other. I want them to share the same xaxis (time) as they each display a different variable as a function of the same time period. I need the plot areas to be the same width across so that the variables can be compared. I have tried to copy the chart and use paste special and format, but this still allows for differences in the plot width. Even if the xaxis is repeated on each graph it doesnt matter, i just need the width and scale to be the same so i can compare each graph. Help! -- Katie Hi, Have a loo...

multiple cascading combo boxes* not the usual.
Hello, I am having a problem with multiple cascading combo boxes... yet this isn't the usual situation thoroughly covered by many posts. I wasn't able to find this elsewhere. What I have is a category combo box than changes the products combo box- this part is working fine. However what I want is a category combo box that when updated, updates the three product combo boxes below. What I am aiming at getting is to have the user select a major category and up to three products within that category which will be stored into a table. Is this the best option or is there a way to use a ...

brace a number of rows
Hi, I would like to add a brace (curly bracket) to an excel document such that for example 3 rows of cells have one brace to the left (or right) of them. Hope someone can help. Thanks Phil if i understand your question right, you may have to draw the curl brackets from the drawing toolbar - basic shapes -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26415 IN column to the left (or...

Excel #5
How can I teach myself Excel? Is there a good tutorial available? Here are a couple of on-line tutorials........ http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html These give the basics. For more complex Excelling you can find a list of good books at Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html For examples and methods there are some good sites that are referred to quite regularly in these groups. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html http...

How do I limit number of rows and columns on a spreadsheet
How do I restrict what I see on my screen (and specifically, limit the scroll feature) to the rows and columns I'm actually using in an Excel 2003 Pro spreadsheet? Valser Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is one method. Setting the scrollarea using VBA is another method. Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened. Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and specify which worksheet. Private Sub WorkBook_Open() Sheets("YourSheet&q...

Should be able to sort AP checks by voucher number
I have a customer that enters AP invoices and pays them on the same day. She would like the ability to print the checks in the order that she entered them (by voucher number) so that she doesn't have to re-sort them after they print. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Chart w/ multiple stacks
I am trying to stack a chart with 6 series. I want to have series 1 & 2 stacked, a new stack column for series 3&4, and another stack for series 5&6. I have 12 months of data for 6 series Jan Feb Mar Apr ...... Dec S1 Region 1 '99 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx ...... xxx S2 Region 2 '99 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx ...... xxx S3 Region 1 '00 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx ...... xxx S4 Region 2 '01 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx ...... xxx S5 Region 1 '02 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx ...... xxx S6 Region 2 '02 xxxx xxx...

Multiple document versions in Publisher 2003?
How can I create a document that has three slight variations, and manage tham all centrally? I want to avoid creating three separate documents, and when I make a small change, having to do that in all three docs. Is there a versioning feature that will allow me to create a single document that has slight variations (e.g. versions)? Thanks, James Hi J. Adams (JAdams@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How can I create a document that has three slight variations, and || manage tham all centrally? I want to avoid creating three separate || documents, and when I m...

Running check with VBA on multiple fields before updating
I'm trying to run a check on two fields so I can ascertain if the third field should be updated or if a new line should be added. I'm using the index and seek method to try and handle this. The problem is that the first match it comes across the field gets changed. This is my code. Dim db As Database Dim rec As Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "tblpos" Set db = CurrentDb() Set rec = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL) 'Do Until rec.EOF rec.Index = "emp" rec.Seek "=", Me!Combo257 If rec.NoMatch = False Then 'Do Unti...

Large Numbers in CRM
What do you do if you have a client that needs a number greater than 100 Billion? SQL server can handle much larger numbers, why does MSCRM limit the size? Use Float then. "X-eqt" <Xeqt@discussions.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:E1B83F0C-C0D8-44BD-AA74-582712559DB2@microsoft.com... > What do you do if you have a client that needs a number greater than 100 > Billion? SQL server can handle much larger numbers, why does MSCRM limit > the > size? ...

Outlook Contacts phone numbers
I have Windows XP pro with Office 2007 and a verizon Ozone phone runing windows 6.1. I sync my Outlook to the phone locally through Activesync. ...

Returning matched employee number from a different sheet
Hi everyone, I've got two sheets containing data on the same group of people. Data and Results. The personnel info in Data is more complete than in Results Data has Forename, Middle Name, Surname, DOB, Gender and most importantly an unique Employee Ref. Results contains Forename , Surname , DOB and Gender some, but not many Emp Ref. I would like to pull the Employee Ref from Data into results. I think it's probably a case of doing Index Match on each set of data because there will be mismatches due to differences in known by name and the name held by records, people ...

Customized Multiple Copy Reports
I am creating a database to keep track of Purchase Orders. I would like the report to print out 4 copes slightly different 1 Marked "Accouning Copy" 2 Marked "Department Copy" 3 Marked "Requestor Copy" 4 Marked "Vendor Copy" Is there a way to do this? I have had no luck trying to figure it out. Thank you Found this: Another simple solution to produce multiple copies is to create a table (tblPrintCopies) with a single integer field. Add one record for each copy required (1,2,3,4,5 etc). Add this table to the recordsource of the report with no join...

5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 User Over Quota
One of my users receive this message when she attempts to send any e-mails to one particular users. Does anyone have a clue about this message. i can't find any information on this site or any other about this error message. Do you have a sending quota set? To check on a user account navigate to (aduc > users account > properties >Exchange General > Storage limits). If use mailbox default is selected, a mailbox policy is applied "fanman36" wrote: > One of my users receive this message when she attempts to send any e-mails > to one particular users. Do...

Moving GP 7.5 to another server
I'm trying to copy our current GP 7.5 environment to a new server to test our 7.5 ->9.0 upgrade. I'm following the steps that are deliniated in KB article 878449. The only thing I'm unclear on is after I've moved my databases to the new server they then say to install GP. Will that blow away my DYNAMICS DB that was copied to the new server? Also do I need to set up the framework on the new server or will that get picked up when I attach my old DB's. Doing the Server/Client install has no effect on your databases. The framework is already defined in your existi...

most common number
I have created a sheet that reports incidents in my work place, I need to be able to report if a particular number ( employee indentified by number) occurs more than once in column and identify "top ten" as in frequency to another column or sheet. Thanks in advance Jeff.. Here is a formula that Harlan Grove posted a while back =INDEX(RNG,MATCH(LARGE(FREQUENCY(RNG,RNG) +(1-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(ROWS(RNG)+1)))/(ROWS(RNG)+1)),ROW()), FREQUENCY(RNG,RNG) +(1-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(ROWS(RNG)+1)))/(ROWS(RNG)+1)),0)) which is an array formula, it should be committe...