how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule

like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the
larger groups to rotate to the next shift.
Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the
last time.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft.com>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

% of Schedule Calculation
Hi all!! Unique problem here - at least I have not found the answer yet. I am certain one of you can help. I have the following 3 columns: Report Date Start Finish I would like to calculate % of schedule passed using these dates. In other words, I would like to calculate what percentage of time has passed for a particular activity on the 'Report Date'. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! Mike Not accounting for weekends and holidays:- A1 = report_date A2 = start_date) A3 = finish_date =(A1 - A2) / (A3 - A2) formatted as percentage -- Regards Ken....................... Micros...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

CRM Express requires .net 2.0 but CRM 3.0 is not compatible???
According to TK 935500 "This problem occurs if you are using the Microsoft ..NET Framework 2.0. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 is incompatible with the .NET Framework 2.0." In order to use the CRM Express, we HAVE to use .Net 2.0, so how can we possibly sync a blackberry if we can't upgrade to .net 2.0?? On May 3, 8:33 am, Luvsql <Luv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > According to TK 935500 "This problem occurs if you are using the Microsoft > .NET Framework 2.0. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 is incompatible with the .NET > Framework 2.0." > > In...

Pick from list #3
When I select a number of cells and then right-click I get a drop-down which includes an option called "Pick from List". What is this used for? Thats called Data Validation. See for more info: http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html regards Hans >-----Original Message----- >When I select a number of cells and then right-click I get a drop-down which includes an option called "Pick from List". What is this used for? >. > This menu option displays a list box containing the other items that you have already entered in the same column. You can pick one ...

SQL Express support for Outlook Client in CRM 3.0
It's quite suprising that Microsoft has not enabled support for SQL Express as gthe offline database for CRM 3.0 Outlook client. We would like to see this added via a hotfix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

TAB Key #3
Evertime I hit my tab key it takes my cursor from cell A1 to cell L1 (the entire page), instead of from A1 to B1, etc. I've looked everywhere to correct this and tried many combinations. How can I get the TAB key to move the cursor one cell at a time? THANKS! Go to Tools > Options > Transition tab and uncheck the box that reads "Transition Navigation Keys". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Evertime I hit my tab key it takes my cursor from cell A1 >to cell L1 (the entire page), instead of from A1 to B1, >etc. I've looked everyw...

Random Selection #3
I have a colum of 10 numbers as follows. 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3 I need a formula to insert in a different colum and cell that wil randomley select one of the 10 numbers from the first colum. Once tha cell has been selected at random (and displayed in the cell containin this formula) it can no longer be used. Is there a way to do this? Or another method that will get the job done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See if this does what you want http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/03/pick_a_winner.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-...

CRM 3.0 Lacal data option missing
Hi I installed the Laptop client and could only see my own data. Now I want to change the Local Data filters but I don't have a local data option in my CRM menu in outlook. How can I get it to display or where can I go to change my options? I have admin rights on the PC. Thanks Johann ...

ANN: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Early Access Program for Partners
Dear Colleages, There is a FAQ for the upcoming Early Access Program for Partners: www.mscrmearlyaccess.com Microsoft CRM 3.0 Press Release Microsoft CRM 3.0 Fact Sheet Microsoft CRM 3.0 Flash Demo Microsoft CRM 3.0 Upgrade Video Worldwide Partner Conference 2005 Presentation https://partner.microsoft.com/global/productssolutions/business/businesscrm/40023291 (for partners) Cheers Arne Janning Is the ms crm 3.0 sdk available now? I am a partner, when and how do I get the beta and sdk? "Arne Janning" wrote: > Dear Colleages, > > There is a FAQ for the upcoming Ea...

Outlook calendar permissions #3
Exchange 2003 sp2 - users are a mixture of Outlook 2000-2003. We have had issues where calendar default views have been changed and users can see others calendar events. My manager wants to know if there is a way to extract all users calendar permissions so we can change those that may have this default view set to owner. Is there a 3rd party tool out there that may do this - ? Thanks NStevens@tycoint.com Get the free PFDavAdmin tool from = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D635BE792-D8AD-= 49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424. It can manage mailbox folder permissions, as...

CRM 3.0 security roles and priviledges
I am configuring new security roles and I have found some really strange behavior. Could you please make defining security roles more transparent? Here is what I mean: 1. When I want to have a user that should be able to send email, I have to give him/her a privilidge to read queues as well. Why is that? Why is not priviledge for activities enough? We do not use queues, so I do not want users to see this item in the menu... 2. For users that handle opporutnity, I have set up a special role, but they cannot close the opportunity. I have figured out that they need to have a priviledge for...

Created 3-panel brochure; how to edit back 3 pages?
Hi, I created a 3-page brochure and edited the content of the three pages. When I printed it, I got two physical sheets: the front three pages and the back three pages. I need to edit the content of the back three pages. How do bring them up for editing? BTW, when I find a duplex printer to produce the fully edited brochure, I'll be in Publisher Heaven :-) Thanks in advance, Richard Hi, again, Never mind; I found it. I opened a practice session and, happily, it started with a brochure. That example pointed out that it started with two pages. That made me take notice of the littl...

Installation CRM 3.0
After installation trying to open CRM after browsing to any page I am getting this error: External Error - No such domain. The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Environmental Diagnostics Wizard showing everything OK. Vitali It was my old problem As soon as there .Net v 2 was installed it was a problem. I completely remove .NET V 2 and everything fine "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:elnibvZXGHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > After installation trying to open CRM after browsing to any page I am > getting th...

Scheduling Overnight Service Activities
Hi I have a customer where their business takes place at night. Service Activity Scheduling is to be used to schedule resources for various business activities. I have found a kba to explain how to make a resource available for overnight shifts by changing their work hours. However, now that this is done, it doesn't appear to be possible to actually schedule a service activity that spans two days. Has anybody managed this and how did you do it? Thanks in advance Oolybel ...

Tax schedules
Hi, if you have nexus in many states, no way is it possible to set up a tax schedule for all the different states, counties, districts, parishes, whatever. Can someone recommend a good tax program that's cheap and integrates with GP? G We get our sales tax updates monthly from CCH using ZIPproduct Manager ( http://tax.cchgroup.com) and use KampData's DynamicZip to import the tax to Great Plains. It works well for us. "GiJeet" wrote: > Hi, if you have nexus in many states, no way is it possible to set up > a tax schedule for all the different states, counties, ...

How to make 3 flyers on one page, each 1/3 of page
Can anyone please let me know how to divide one letter size page (portrait) into three equal parts so that I can make 3 flyers out of one letter-sized page. In other words, 3 equal parts on the one page. Page setup, Custom, width 8.5 height 3.66. Publisher will say it will print 3 copies per sheet. This will put one 8.5 x 3.66 on your screen. Know your printer's margin limitation, set this as your margin in the Arrange menu. (You could draw a rectangle around the space so you would know where to cut) Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher...

SP 3 doubts
Hi all, Any comments, I run Win pro sp2 on IE 7 in past I have read people having problems after upgrade to sp3. Is it worth now having ago or remaining with current setup. If I do go for it, would it be safer from the Win update site. Regards Roger You should ask in a Windows XP newsgroup. It's not an IE7 issue. "Roger" <Monkey@Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:OhSCrm8CLHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : Hi all, : Any comments, I run Win pro sp2 on IE 7 in past I have read people having : problems after upgrade to sp3. Is it worth now having ...

=?UTF-8?B?UmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?= #3
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redund...

Check Mark #3
Would you please show me how to put "Check Mark" in cells. Thank you Chi Hi Chi If the Cell font is Wingdings2 you can use the uppercase P -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chi Huynh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d701c3d6dc$8b502360$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Would you please show me how to put "Check Mark" in cells. > Thank you > Chi Or another font to use ,format your cells as Marlett then type the letter "a". -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying...

Scheduling CRM report
Has anyone here managed to use Crystal Enterprise to scheduel CRM reports? Regards Julian ...

I need to shift cells down only to a point w/o disturbing the bot.
I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, however only to a point. If I move everything down it disturbs the bottom row of totals. Can anyone help me? I think you need to provide a few more details about what exactly you are trying to accomplish. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wade2753" <wade2753@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D905FEE5-2EA7-47A1-A532-4D0CA743121C@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet in which the cells need to be moved down, >however o...

Move mailboxes #3
Hi Exchange 2003. Due to performance issues I'm going to be setting up a new exchange server in our organisation and moving all the mailboxes onto this 1 machine which will be entirely for exchange, it will do nothing else. The plan is to either decommision the other box or to leave it ready to go as a spare in case anything ever happens to the primary box. Once the mailboxes are moved I'm thinking of disabling all the exchange services on the first box so that it's ready to go if needed just by reconfiguring the services again. Does anyone know if I'm creating any issues ...

Print 3 sheets on the same page
Hi, I have the following problem: I have 3 worksheets with 5 rows of data on each worksheet. Now, I want to print all three sheets on the same page (5 rows from the first sheet, followed by 5 rows from the second sheet and finally 5 rows from the third sheet). Can this be done without using the macro and copying data on the first sheet ? Thanks ! R, You can use the "copy picture" feature to copy a picture of each selection and paste it on a separate sheet, from which you print. Press the shift key while clicking the "Edit" menu to see the copy picture menu item. Or-- T...

Schedule email delivery after hours?
Hello, I have a scenario in which newsletters must be sent once or twice a week to thousands of subscribers (not spam). The environment is Exchange 2003. Connectivity is a full T1. Using a dedicated workstation and user account, a mail merge routine takes place. The CPU on the workstation used until a week ago was outdated and the mail merge would take several hours to run which caused no problems other than a long time to complete which was okay. A week ago, the workstation's CPU got upgraded and now the mail merge process runs several times faster than before. The problem now ...