How do I replicate information from one worksheet to another?

How do I replicate information that I entered on cell A2 in worksheet 1 to be
entered automatically on cell A2 in worksheet 2 and worksheet 3?
0
Jeff1 (635)

If you want the same entry in the same cells of other sheets, just group the
sheets before you enter the data.  To do this, first select Worksheet 1,
then hold down the Ctrl key and select the other sheets.    HTH   Otto
"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I replicate information that I entered on cell A2 in worksheet 1 to
> be
> entered automatically on cell A2 in worksheet 2 and worksheet 3?

0
ottokmnop (389)
11/7/2005 2:43:52 PM
Thanks Otto

I tried that but how do I keep the worksheets grouped if I later want to
edit a cell(s) on worksheet 1 - it keeps reverting back to Ungrouped sheets.

Thanks again
Jeff
0
Jeff1 (635)

Just one more table to link!!!!!!
-- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. I can help you but need more details. Can you email me the report at staceyleelee@hotmail.com "Kate Hulit" wrote: > > -- > Kate Hulit > Asyma Systems Inc. If you are trying to link tables to a report and are finding it difficult to create the relationship, you can always use VBA if you are registered for Modifier & VBA to read the data directly from SQL. Just a thought. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micorosoft Dynamics (form...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...

Yet another timers-and-threads question
I've got a requirement to be able to set a timer and be told when it expires, eg by a callback. SetTimer with WM_TIMER is not generally useful, as you have to have a window, and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have windows. SetTimer with callback function is not generally useful, as it's not sufficient that there's a message pump somewhere in the *application*, there has to be a message pump in the *thread* that calls SetTimer (well documented, that, not), and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have message pumps. CreateWaitableTime...

Summing values where one is #Error doesn't work
I have a raw_data table (originating from an external source and pasted regularly into Access). I have a normalised_query query based on raw_data and doing 'stuff' including converting a text column to a number column. Where this conversion fails (<1% of cases) the column in the query contains #Error. I now want to run another query which includes a sum of that column, but because the value #Error appears in one of the rows, the sum fails. What's the simplest way around this? How are you converting the text to number? You might try something like: IIF(isnumeric([you...

How do you get changes in the HQ Db picked up by Worksheets
Many times we need to make large volume changes to products in our RMS databases (over 26000 SKUs). We use MS Access queries to make those changes. Right now those changes need to be made in HQ and each of the SO databases. I would like to be able to make them in the HQ Db only and have the RMS work sheet process propigate the changes to all the SO Dbs. I am assuming that the DBTimestamp is what is being used to determine what records need to be update or not. How do I update the timestamp using MS Access to make this happen? Thanks, TomT If you can represent the ...

How to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer?
Hi, I need to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer. Is there some way to do this? Thanks in anticipation. Ivar Ivar, Not reliably from within Excel. If I want to use your file on another computer, I will be able to figure a way around whatever you do, unless you do something within a compiled DLL or XLL module. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ivar" <ivarcarstensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d8040973.0406300609.6cd00f1@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I need to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer. > Is there some way to do this? > >...

need excel worksheet help, running total based on date
I am trying to add a series of numbers in different worksheets(same spreadsheet) based upon the date. I don't want the future numbers in the total until the date they are associated with is passed. i.e. in A1 of each worksheet is 200. Each worksheet is titled by date (Mar 5, Mar 19, etc) I want the running total to reflect the amount to the current date. If it's March 18th, the totals would be only thru the worksheet of Mar 5. Any help is appreciated. My solution needs 2 cells, one of which may already be in use: You need a cell on each of the dated sheets that...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

Send Out of Office more than one time
Hi! Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? Im using Exchange 2003. Regards, Mikael Johem On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? >Im using Exchange 2003. > > >Regards, > >Mikael Johem What is the goal? Sending an OOF once is a good preventative measure against mail loops. On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

How to alphabetize 8 columns as one?
I have a list of 350 customers that references a grid location. I need to print this list in 8 columns to minimize the pages that print with the map. To get this to print, I have been cutting and pasting; very time consuming when 1 item changes. How can I sort the columns to avoid redoing the print copy each time? The easist way will be to have the actual data stored as a single column. Let's say its located in column A, starting at A1. If you want to make 8 columns, with a limit of 45 entires per column, you could use this formula: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)+(COLUMN(A1)-1)*45) ...

2 sets of data I need one line
I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any help Thanks Hi, You need to create a xy scatter chart. Assuming you have already tried selecting both ranges of data and creating a chart try this instead. Select the y values and create a xy scatter chart. Then right click chart and use the Source data dialog to specify the x values. Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the > same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any he...

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

repeating a formula throughout a worksheet
Hi I havent used excell for some years and have set up a basic worksheet, but am wanting to repeat a formula each third row which is row 1 balance plus row 2 minus row 3 equals balance as displayed in row 4 and then repeat this thoughtou the worksheet for several columns ( if that makes sense- im sure it can be done not sure how thou and have looked through help topics everywhere so if any one can help in basic language it would be great thanks. Jtnru If its single row then click your cell that contains the formula once then hold shift and click the further most cell that you want the f...

How to pull back information(taxes,customer payment history)
Hello, We send GP customer bills using SOP transactions using e-connect once a month. I send them in Batches. GP calculates taxes for us. All is well and working. Question 1: How do I pull back taxes for the SOP items that have been posted for a given customer for a given month and product? I am going to use this tax information to generate our bills for the customers. Which requester object would you use for this? If not what tables should I directly pull this info from? Question 2: In the front end application, I am trying to build a screen where I dsiplay customer payment history,...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

help with quote program using muliple prices for one quantity {cross post}
Okay, Forgive me ahead of time, I really don't know much about Excel. I can work with templates and create simple formulas but alot of what I read here comes across as "Excelspeak" to me. Here is what I want to do: I have a price list sheet created. This price list has cells labled by name and then "duration", basically for every item there are four prices, based on duration of a rental or sale. I want to create a quote program that will pull data from the price list based on the quantities entered in the quote program. For example Price list is "System A, des...

Stored Procedure details in one query
Hi all, can anyone help in getting below information from all stored procedure from one DB we have 100 procedure in one DB of sql server 2005.instead if of manully getting info for each procedure i want all below details in one shot or one query Procedure Name : Input Parameter : Output Parameter : Called By : Calls : Dependent tables : Thanks in advance Abhi (bawejaji@gmail.com) writes: > can anyone help in getting below information from all stored > procedure > from one DB > we have 100 procedure in one DB ...

Printing problem
Something in Excel has popped up; something new which is driving me NUTS! I had a document which I was printing to a file and then making into a PDF. It was about 17 pages and was printing FINE. OK, then I needed to make a couple more pages for notes. So I copied a couple sheets like I normally did to create new sheets and made my notes pages. NOW, however, when I go to print the dang thing, it prints IN SEVERAL FILES. It used to print in ONE file so I could make my PDF file out of it. But now, NOOOOOO. When printing it keeps prompting me for new filenames. This is driving me NUTS!!!! ...

AutoComplete in a large worksheet
I have over 1,000 hymn tune names in a worksheet, and when I'm adding new entries to the bottom of the continous column of names, AutoComplete sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It always works when I'm entering something that duplicates another entry I've made during that particular session, but not always when I'm duplicating data from a previous session. There are no breaks in my column, and AutoComplete is enabled. Is the size of the sheet the problem? Thanks. Hi it won't work if there're blank rows in between -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germa...

New Worksheet Designs Needed...
About once a month I publish a financial book to all the senior execs in my company, and the worksheet designs and colors are getting to be a little old. Does anyone know some websites that I can go to, to get some new ideas on formatting and color combinations? Thanks for your help. I really doubt the Senior execs are looking for new innovative designs -- most I know are interested in the #'s and the ease of being able to see what they need to see "Tysone" <tmunee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d81033c9.0307160746.22ade133@posting.google.com... > About once a m...

How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page
Hi, I work for a steel company. Material is purchased to a size and grade. There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and several customer can use. A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase orders with a summary. The same can be for open sales orders with a summary. Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due throughout the year. Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they can do forecasting for purchasing. Is there a way to do this in Access? Do I need to use Wo...

How to mix a stacked column and a clustered one on same graph?
I want to display on the same graph 2 subtotal informations letùs say sub1 and sub2 for 10 years to show decrease of one and increase of the other in parallel. The best is then to used clustered column. But sub1 is build for 2 products5(A and B) and sub2 is coming from 3 infos D,E and F. I would like then to see the split between A and B on the first column representing sub1 and the same for sub2. It will then be on stacked columns. Is it possible? Thanks Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...