How do I remove items listed in a pivot table drop down list box

I'm working with a pivot table in Excel.  The occurences of a specific value
in my source data for a pivot table have all been removed from the source /
raw data but the drop down list box for that field still shows that value as
an option to display.  How can I get rid of this?

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
dropdown list:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/16/2005 4:13:03 AM
Right Click in Pivot Table. Then select "Refresh Data".

"Hart165Hour" wrote:

> I'm working with a pivot table in Excel.  The occurences of a specific value
> in my source data for a pivot table have all been removed from the source /
> raw data but the drop down list box for that field still shows that value as
> an option to display.  How can I get rid of this?
0
Rowan (114)
3/16/2005 4:15:02 AM
Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:

Hart165Hour wrote:

> I'm working with a pivot table in Excel.  The occurences of a specific value
> in my source data for a pivot table have all been removed from the source /
> raw data but the drop down list box for that field still shows that value as
> an option to display.  How can I get rid of this?

--

Dave Peterson
0

drop and drop task order
I recently switched to a new instance of Outlook 2007. In my custom task view I was grouping by category. I was also able to drag and drop tasks to change their order. Now, on this new instance of Outlook, I am not able to drag and drop in this fashion. Drag and drop will only occur between categories. I can drag a task(s) from one category to another. I want to be able to drag and drop the task and change the order they are listed. Can someone give me a tip on what I need to do with the custom view that will allow me to do this and still have grouping on category? Thanks...

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel
Hello I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a solution? Thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl catharinus wrote: > Hello > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my > vb6 projects on computers. After installing ...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

combo boxes
Driving myself mad trying to find info on how to add to a spreadsheet item variously called combo box/drop down menu/pop up menu. Anybody able to tell me (in easy terms?)? Thanks If you want to try Data|Validation (the easiest way to get that effect), take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Pat wrote: > > Driving myself mad trying to find info on how to add to a > spreadsheet item variously called combo box/drop down > menu/pop up menu. Anybody able to tell me (in easy > terms?)? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35...

rotate text box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I rotate a text box or rotate text in a text box? I have a lengthy document (portrait setup) with page numbers in the footer. Works well. However on a few pages I have tables and charts that must be in landscape. When I create a section break to landscape those pages the page numbers move to the right-middle side of the page (if looking at it in portrait). I need to insert a text box, rotate the text, and place the box where the page number should be (bottom of page if viewed in portrait). <br&g...

always come up "dialog box open"and ask me to close.but i don't k.
when i want to close or want to write new letter,always come up"dialog box open" and i can not do any thing See if this applies to you; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 If not, try to be a bit more descriptive and include some configuration info in your post for us to work with. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "papawadi" <papawadi@discussions...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

Custom "Item" Button at POS?
Hi All.. Does anyone know of a custom button that would allow say a "price check" by pushing this button and then scanning the product? I have found that when you look up an item within POS your receive the everyday price and not the sale price of this item. Also, it is very difficult to find other information for these items with the current RMS item screen. Too much clicking tabs to find information useful to the customer. If a customer calls or comes to the register to ask what items are on sale there is no way to quickly acheive this. One would need to ask the customer wh...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Movement of cursor within a drop down list
When we type a letter in the cell, the cursor should move to the word starting with that letter in the drop down list. How this can be done? If you are using a Data Valadation drop down try this. Sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. Should take...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Capture initial value of text box
Not sure why I can't seem to get this to work, but here's what I'm trying to do: I have a text box, 'Actual_Due_Date', tied to a field in a table. In the same table is a text box named 'Org_Due_Date'. When the initial value is set in the 'Actual' field, I want to capture and store it permanently in the 'Org' field. I have two forms, a New Project form and an Edit Project form. My thought was to just setup a simple macro in the New Project form in the 'Actual' field that says After Update set the 'Org' field equal to the 'A...

scanned items
ok I have posted this item before but I dont think I was that clear. A customoer scans an item and its there. But to actually look up the item he cant find it. not even with the UPC codes either..tried looking it up with every definition he could thinkk of. then scans it its there.....he looked to see if it was inactive and its not it is active.. he is running Ver 2.0 and running windows xp I had this same problem when a NEW item was accidentally made into an MATRIX type item that was empty. I accidentally closed it before I added in the matrix items. I could never get it to come bac...

Subtotal in a pivot table
I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total not the Total for the table. See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 39%, not the pivot table total (185852)...

Pivot.sourcetable property incorrect?
I went to create a new pivot table in my workbook and a message came up advising me to use the same source as my existing table. I thought I *had* used the same source so before replying 'Yes', I thought I better check the source of my existing pivot table. The only way I could find to do that was VBA "msgbox activesheet.pivottables(1).sourcedata". To my surprise this showed as "ReportData!C1:C17" which I *know* is *wrong*. It should be something like 931 rows by 16 cols! Can anyone throw any light on this ie - Why would the sourcedata property not be ...

Removing Vista
My Dell Inspiron 530 came with Vista installed - a friend removed the Vista and installed Windows XP. Computer slow to closed - searched for Vista files and found: C:\dell\drivers\R158363 C:\dell\drivers\R158510 C:\dell\drivers\R159293\AAPS|PROSE....... C:\dell\drivers\Ri59293\APPS?SETUP R158363 R158510 All above preceded by "Vista" Can I safely remove these items and any other that I may find involving Vista help and advice will be appreciated Chuck "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3696D9B-08CE-4E00-ABED-09...

How to remove Microsoft Business Contact Manager?
Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 Have added Microsoft Business Contact Manager and do not want to use it with Outlook anymore. How do I remove the contact manager from Outlook? TIA Right click on its root folder and select close. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bobhat@hotmail.com asked: | Windows XP SP2 | Outlook 2003 SP2 | | Have added Microsoft Business Contact Manager and do not want to use | it with Outloo...

Perserving secondary axis in pivot chart
I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I lose my secondary axis. I then have to manually change this every time. Hi, This is a know issue. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy David wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the > secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I > lose my secondary axis. I then...

Remove bars (left hand pane)
Hi, is it possible to remove the Marketing or Service bars (in the left hand pane)? One of our clients would like their users to be focused on just areas that they will use, for example, the Sales users (by Role) will not need the Service bar. Is it possible to do this? TIA Yes, simply click on Workplace bar, then just above click on "personalize Workplace" then tick on or off what you need "GP" <GP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0EC16FF-85A0-4505-AEAB-3433DF5BE459@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is it possible to remove the Marke...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...