How do I remove cross hatches in Sigma column

Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the cross
hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column?
0
YHESSLER (1)

Widen the cell so the resulting value will fit. Excel does this so you don't
accidentally SEE a number that's LESS than the actual number, which is what
would occur if the column wasn't wide enough.

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM" <YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:08545D7F-E1B3-4879-A7DB-A2B723DDCD3F@microsoft.com...
> Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the
> cross
> hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column?

0
ng1 (1444)
10/21/2005 11:39:44 PM
If you're just adding numbers, try widening the column. (or use a smaller font).

--

Dave Peterson
0

vba for find last column with hidden columns in worksheet
Hello, This code has worked for finding the last column: lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. However, when I used this code for a sheet that has hidden columns it would not work. What would be the correct code in this instance? Please assist. Thanks from OffDev wannabe Hi, lc = Rows(7).Find(What:="*", SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column Mike "OffDev" wrote: > Hello, > > This code has worked for finding the last column: > lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. > > However, when I us...

Automatic Text to column
::Is there any trick by which the text is automatically separated to th adjacent cells. i.e. the text seperated by \" , \" is automatically spreaded t the adjacent cells as soon as entered. without using the text t column fuction. Please mail me at *dinesh.vijay@gmail.com*: -- dines ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dinesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2417 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37798 You might be referring to this issue: http://support.mi...

Money 2002 removal
OS is XP Home. Suspect there is a conflict between Money and Excel. Money is not being used and will not uninstall using Control Panel. A search of the Knowledge Base brought me to K2808303. This page appears to be corrupted. It lists topics on removing a folder and making a registry change, but these are not shown entirely or at all. If someone could post the instructions it will be gratefully received. Thanks Charlie ...

How to remove duplicate record
I have excel spread sheet containing Item Number and desrcription. I found out that user been creating duplicate Item number. How do I find and delete the duplicate one and keep one. I need a way to do at once instead of searching one by one. Thanks. Kyle Dta>Filter>Advanced Filter. Check "unique records only" and "copy to another location". For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:18:08 -0700, "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Unable to hide columns
I am trying to hide some columns which have no data, but get a message: "Cannot shift objects off sheet" I'm not trying to delete the column, simply trying to hide it. And I can't find any objects in the column in the first place. I appreciate any explanation Thank you, Tony Bender Do you have any Comments in the cells? See this KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:19:30 -0700 (PDT), Tony Bender <tony_bender@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am trying to h...

removing an email address from the history
I am wondering if there is a way to remove an email address from the history of the "to:" button in Outlook. What I mean is this.....when you start a new message and type a letter in the to: text box, it will give you a list of people that you may have sent to previously that start with that letter. There may be some old addresses that are no longer valid. Is there a way to get those old addresses deleted, so that they are no longer "remembered" for future messages? Chris Reynolds <ChrisReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am wondering if there...

Office 2004
Two things are driving me nuts about my Office X: - When I command-tab out of Entourage, more often than not, the frontmost window gets sent to the back. This is terribly annoying because most of the time when I'm command-tabbing, I'm going to Finder to select a file I need to attach to an e-mail I've just written. - Office X won't let me put slashes in filenames and won't allow filenames longer than 31 characters. I'll refrain from snide remarks, but clearly, this is a bug, not a feature. Does anybody know if these items have been addressed in Office 2004? If not, t...

Errors after removing old Exchange server
After removing our old Exchange 2000 server we have issues with Outlook 2003 clients getting error "0x8004010f" when clicking the send receive button. After doing a bit of research I beleive that the old server still housed the following: OAB Version 2 Offline Address Book Schedule+ Free Busy Information I cannot bring the old server back to life now ! Is there a way to rehome these functions to the new Exchange 2003 server manually??? If we did not replicate the system folders off of the decommissioned server we will need to recreate them. You can use a utility that is avail...

unable to remove old 5.5 server...
....from System Manager. Just upgraded/moved yesterday from a 5.5 box to a new Exch 2003 box....following all steps in deployment tools wizard. Now I can't seem to get rid of the old server. It's still listed under the Administrative Groups. Right-clicking it does not give the option to remove it. However, right-clicking the new Exchange 2003 server itself (under 'All Tasks'), does give the option to remove (although I obviously don't want to do that). Any clues? - tex You should be able to remove it using the Exchange 5.5 Administrator. You connect to the E...

FRx Report Export Column Heading Format Error
I just installed the FRx SP2. When I export the report to Excel, the column heading format is off 3 columns. For example the first 3 columns are Actuals Cur Mo, Prior Mo, Budget. I merged or have a box around the three columns to say "Actual". I also have a box around each word Cur Mo, Prior, Budget. In the excel file, the first three columns don't have any formatting but the next three over do. HELP! ...

copy a row of data to a column in another workbook?
I am trying to get the data i enter into my charity subscription workbook, to be automatically updated in my gift aid register (workbook) so that i do not have to input twice. The data is entered into the subs register in rows and the gift aid register is entered in columns. Any ideas would be appreciated. hi, =('H:\CodeStuff\[ConnectPaths.xls]Sheet1'!D4) a formula like this in your gift aid register wb will draw the data over from your charity subscription wb. I don't know your file paths so you will have to change it to fit your set up. in the gift aid register wb, put the ...

Using Filter with data in two columns
I want to identify rows in my spreadsheet based on criteria in two rows. Example: A B 1 5 6 2 4 2 In the above example, I want to filter the sheet two display the rows for which value in column B minus the value in Column A is a negative value. How could i do this? easiest way is to add a 3rd column and do =B1-A1, then put the filter on. Filter by column C (custom) is less than 0. "Princess V" wrote: > I want to identify rows in my spreadsheet based on criteria in two rows. > > Exa...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

Stacked column in 3D
I have 9 data rows and 3 columns representing the dates. I insert a stacked column in 3D, it gives default min to max dates. But when I fix the vertical column values to my dates (which ranges 40296 - 40320 with 2.0 major unit) it does not show stacking of 3rd column. I also change the data to dates and cell format to dates. I can even send the file if someone can help me plz. ...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

Change Column in Portfolio
When looking at the portfolio view of investments, the change column is only updated when prices are updated on- line. It reflects 0's when updated manually. Any idea besides updating the prices on-line, on how to get this to work? PS - Microsoft Money 2004 Nope. That's the way it is! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Jan" <anonymous@d...

How do I unhide The first column or row
After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it One way: Enter A1 in the Name Box on the left side of the formula bar and type Enter. Choose Format/Row/Unhide or Format/Column/Unhide In article <26178EB3-8474-4C26-9087-75487987BBFB@microsoft.com>, ashekumar <ashekumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it Another way - click in the column B label and drag into the empty box above the row numbers, then right-click and choose unhide same process to unhide the first row, but drag fr...

copied additional column shows in view but does show on hardcopy
I have an existing spreadsheet and needed to add another column with the same format. I copied it and but when I print a hard copy it is not there. I checked and that column is not hidden. Re-define your print range to include that column? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 06:51:01 -0700, Patricia W <Patricia W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an existing spreadsheet and needed to add another column with the= same=20 >format. I copied it and but when I print a hard copy it is not there. = I=20 >checked and that column is not hidden...

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

Remove Spacing In A Cell
I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: 0 11111 22222 3 011111222223 I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute. Anyone have any answers or Ideas? Thanks, Hi Span, See David McRitchie's TrimAll page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- Regards, Norman "Span" <Span@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1343031C-1E8E-4CA8-8B51-B353B734BAE6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: > 0 11111 22222 3 > 011111222223 > > I have tried Cl...

Completely Removing User Accounts
Using GP Dynamics 7 on SQL Server 2000. I am having trouble with adding a new user account when that user account used to exist previously, but was deleted from a previous installation. Originally, we had setup user accounts for our sales staff who connect via VPN to our network. We migrated our SQL server/Dynamics and moved it to a new server to accomodate the workload and I had migrated the user accounts using SQL scripting provided by GP Support. (I know this creates a temp table with these old accounts). Reconfiguring security, I deleted accounts and am trying to recreate the...

removing exchange instances after failure
Hi, how does one go about removing all traces of Exchange 2k3 from the active directory if a failure occurs which prevents the correct removal of the server? Hi Martin, If you have attempted to use the remove form Org switch on the Exchange CD and it is still in AD you can use ADSIEdit to go into the AD and manually remove the Exchange Server attributes. 278918 XADM: How To Manually Remove a Single Exchange-based Server from Active http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278918 Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This...

How to remove or replace a carriage return character in a cell?
After importing a Cognos "hotfile" into excel, the cell contains a carriage return character (looks like a square) and I want this to be a new line feed. I have tried to determine how to do a find and replace, but no luck. Help! Saved from a previous post: You can use Chip Pearson's Cell View addin to find out the character it is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm If those box characters are char(10)'s (alt-enters), you can use edit|Replace what: ctrl-j with: (spacebar??) replace all If that box character is something else, you may need a macro: Option Ex...

Remove single quote 03-11-07
Using a query I am trying to remove the single quote from thefollowing example of numerous text fields in a table: AA -5.25"-AAA-K. Using the following replace function: NoQuote:Replace([PART_NUM],""","") I am receiving the error message"The expression you entered has an invalid string. A string can be upto 2048 characters long including opening and closing quotationmarks." The table was imported in from Excel.Thanks in advance.Jon R On Mar 10, 7:11 pm, "Jon R" <jwrasmus...@earthlink.net> wrote:> Using a query I am trying to remove...

automate 5 lines in a single column to 5 columns across
I want to build a database. I've extracted some text from my group's phone directory. It comes out in one column with name on the first line, address on the second line, city, state, zip on the third line and phone on the fourth line. I'm trying to figure out a way to automate getting the info broken up into columns. I want to create a formula that will allow me to highlight 4 or 5 lines and then break those lines into 4 or 5 columns. My list has hundeds of names so cut and paste is a bit tedious. Is there such a way to do this? This should work with a single-block selection Sub...