How do I remove and apostrophe from a cell e.g 'ND or '8?

How do I remove and apostrophe from a cell e.g 'ND or '8?
0
WMN (1)

Hi
try the following macro:
sob remove_it()
with selection
..value=.value
end with
end sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"WMN" <WMN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do I remove and apostrophe from a cell e.g 'ND or '8?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

blocking blank cells until other cells are compiled
Hello everyone. I'm working on several columns. Each column corresponds to a certai date. I would like the fields under the date cell to be "available only if the date cell is filled. How do I do this? Say in cell "A1" I have today's date and in "B1" tomorrow's (and s on). In cell "A2" I want to put the number of dollars I have spen during lunch and in cell "B2" I will want to do the same, but onl tomorrow of course. I would like to "compile" the whole month in terms of columns but would like NOT to be able to write in the...

yahoo e-mail
how can i configure outlook with yahoo e-mail please help It's a paid service. You can get instructions through Yahoo's help section. Log into your Yahoo mail account on the web and then click the Help link, then click "POP Access and Forwarding". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u3M$UdjJEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, YIARA wrote: > how can i configure outlook with yahoo e-mail > > please help ...

Remove AD
Dear all, What is the best way to remove AD services from an existing Exchange 2003 server? Thanks. You shouldn't. If Exchange is installed on a Domain Controller, it should not be demoted to a member server. You should install another Exchange server and move mailboxes, replicater public folders, et al. Then remove Exchange from the old server. Now you can demote it to member server. Install Exchange again and move stuff back. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> w...

Macro to remove text
Could one of the resident macro experts kindly help me to do this please. There is text in column D of a worksheet. I want to remove anything that is in brackets, including the brackets. So this: A B C D -- -- --------------- ------------------------------------------- 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie (1941 version) 2 Q Artie Shaw (1941) Concerto For Clarinet (Parts 1 & 2) 3 R Artie Shaw Dancing In The Dark 4 S Artie Shaw Frenesi becomes this: 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie 2 Q Artie Shaw Concerto For Clarinet 3 R Artie Shaw ...

Address and e-mail contact list
I do not want the e-mail address of sender automatically added to my contact list How do I suppress No clues here so no help forthcoming. Want assistance? Help us help you. Give your version of Outlook. If Express, post in an Express group - this is not one of them. If you are using the Web interface, look under Internet Explorer as it is a part of IE, not Office. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

Cell selection
Hi, Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 rows seem to be sected as well? Thanks in advance Jason Hi, You are probably in Extend mode. Look at the bottom right of the Status Bar, look for Extend, its location and wording depend on version. If it is on press Esc or F8. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Boenerge" wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 > rows seem to be sected as well? > Thanks in advance > Jason I am having this p...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Cannot hide cells

text in cell shows up as ####

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

try out of new e-mail
Hi, Mike, Please let me know if you get this e-mail. Thanks, Mom Hello, I did get this email. But you also sent it to a public news group! -- http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html "Helene Meyer" wrote: > Hi, Mike, > > Please let me know if you get this e-mail. Thanks, Mom > ...

E-mails being held someplace
Ok, this is a freaky one. We are running Exchange Enterprise 2003 server. It is running on a Windows 2000 Server. I keep an eye on the queues several times a day to make sure things are clearing well. This past weekend, we had to shut everything down because the power was being cut to our building to facilitate the installation of a massive generator to power our building. (We've had a couple bad multi-day outages over the last couple years). Anyway, all went well. When I powered up the servers on Sunday, I noticed about 30 e-mails going out. I checked and they were all from o...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

Splitting excel cells based on content
I have an excel workbook with a worksheet created by a dump from a database (DOORS in this case). The first column is unique, the second not. The second column may contain 0 to n identifiers that I want to look up on a separate sheet. The lookup is easy when the cell in the 2nd column has either 0 or 1 identifiers in it but when there are 2 or more (separated by a carriage return I think) my lookup fails as lookup is using the enitre contents of the cell. What i'd like to be able to do is to automatically (there's some 900+ rows in the worksheet) is to automatically insert additio...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Adding a VCard to an e-mail using Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.
Hello. I have a question. Does anyone here know how to add a VCard to an e-mail in Outlook 2000 as well as in Outlook 2003? I want to be able to do this after I click new and I have a new blank message on my screen. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod Outlook provides no way to add a vCard .vcf file in this scenario. The built-in way to do it is to start with a contact, not a message, and choose Forward as vCard on the contact's Actions menu. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admin...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17)
How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) Hello- Excel doesn't provide for custom paper sizes, but most any size appropriate for Excel output is already provided _if_ the installed print driver supports it. Go to File>Page SetUp--Page and open the list of sizes. If your installed driver supports 11x17 it will be in the list (although it may be listed as 'Ledger' rather than by dimensions). HTH |:>) "Marcin Rembisz" wrote: > How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) ...

cursor control in cells
Can anyone help please? For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by moving through teh arrow keys. The whole sheet moves instead. Can anyone tell me what I ahve done to lose this control please? Many thanx DAT Hi Dave You have probably inadvertently pressed the Skulk key. Press it again to take Scroll Lock off and you should be OK. -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave T" <datucker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:J8sUh.378$V7.132@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone help please? > For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by ...