How do I relate data of one document to another ?

When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that
information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an
excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document.  How do
I do it ?
0
bandi (1)

I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can
copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel
file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the
link will be updated as well

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"bandi" <bandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that
> information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in
> an
> excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document.  How
> do
> I do it ?

0
terre081 (3244)

Document access denied, user does not have access privileges
I'm using Word 2003, XP Media Center Ed. I saved my file, opened and closed it a number of times, each time saving as usual. After completing the document, I saved again and now can't open it, getting this message: Word cannot open the document--user does not have access privileges. Another document I was working on at the same time still opens perfectly. I've been through all the steps to recover mentioned on the MS website to no avail. Can anyone help? -- Beryl Remember, YHWH God is always blessing you. Receive it. Pass it on. ...

Plotting 1 curve from 2 separate x-axis data
I have stock portfolio info for January thru June, which plots easily. After portfolio changes, I have another plot for July thru December. Plots easily. These data are on 2 separate worksheets. Now I would like to plot a single curve for the year. The first 6 months is easy. How can I plot a continuous curve for the whole year without having to insert the first 6 months worth on the last 6 months worksheet? Not sure I explained this very well, but --- Dave The easiest way is to have both sets of data on one (a new?) worksheet. Then you can plot as with one or two series. Copy a...

Mounting old Data Stores
Hi. Due to problems with Win2003 SBS, I did a reinstall of Win2003 SBS sp1 from original CD-s. Before 'deleting' the old Windows, I made an ASR tape backup of the running server. It seams the ASR backup backed up only drive C: with all relevant data. As other data were on drive D: (Exchange data files, SQL data files,...), I backed up the D: drive too to a separate tape in a separate ntbackup session. Before the backup I used Exmerge to export all users mailboxes. Later I imported those mailboxes in a new Exchange installation. Unfortunately the user forgot to told me, they hav...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Viewing two folders on one screen
I know this is easy but cannot for the life of me remember how to get this. I want to be able to be able to see my tasks when I'm in my email. I want to do this without having to open two windows, I want the view to be similar to how the calendar looks, the split view....please tell me how this can be done. ...

Stop Win Explorer from opening My Documents?
Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I launch it? Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? TIA LAS In news:OwsaAJmgKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I > launch it? > > Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? Explorer command line options: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853 -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Create a desktop shortcut to the C drive. "Laurel"...

combinening two query results into one ?
There is a table which has [ACTIVITY_DESCRIPTION], [MATERIAL_PRICE], [LABOR_PRICE] fields. I created two queries- Query1 sorts [MATERIAL_PRICE] and Query2 sorts [LABOR_PRICE] in ascending order, according to a specific common criteria for [DESCRIPTION]. So, Query1 and Query2 produces same number of row for every query. I would like to combine query results into a single table, so i will have [MATERIAL_PRICE] and [LABOR_PRICE] in ascending order for a common criteria of [DESCRIPTION]. My target is to make a chart for values of material and labor prices in ascending order. Can I do ? hi, me...

Retain Ownership of Document
When someone edits the document and resaves it the ownership changes to the editor. I need the original owner of a document to still show as the owner after others have edited the document. ...

Frx: linked data worksheet summing error
We use linked data worksheets for some of our reporting. The column format displays both current period and YTD. The YTD column is not calculating the correct amounts from the worksheet. For example, if we were in period 12, it would sum the YTD column as follows. period 1: add 12x period 2: add 11x period 3: add 10x period 4: add 9x ....and so forth period 12: add 1x Obviously, this gives us a huge error in the ytd column. Anyone have an idea why this is occurring? We are using the /cpo format for the linked worksheet. Thanks ...

Help! Selecting data according to date range
I'm attempting to setup a worksheet for reminding employees to rene their licenses. I have input the data where the data range is from ro 3 - 84 (this could increase or decrease with hiring/firing, etc.). Th columns range from A - K with column H being *date*. I would like to start a new sheet (sheet2) in this workbook with th range of months in a year. In each monthly section it would search th data range in sheet 1 and return the records with the correspondin dates for that month. For example: If a employee's license expires i January, the entire record for that employee would...

DMax to Increase Number by One
I have the following code that I did borrow from one of the other posts on the message board, but I had amended it to change to include a function of creating a Quote number. Me.Quote_Number = "ORFMC" & Format(Now(), "mmddyy") & "-" & Format(Right(DMax("[Quote Number]", "[tblQuotes]", Mid([Quote Number], 6, 6) = Format(Now(), "mmddyy")), 2) + 1, "00") What I wanted this to do, it does in theory, but doesnt complete the step. The final two digits at the end of the code (i.e. 01, 02, 03 ...) designate the ...

about inserting data
hi, i am new to this newsgroup. I have little knwldge in Excel. How to create tables in Excel file. and also i want to execute the quries. How can i do that. thanks, regards, koti ...

Need help with data validation format
I'm trying to make this format mandatory when someone enters his/her data in a cell. The format would be this : "### ###". Therefor, if the worksheet user doesn't enter a chain like this one : "113 244", the data just won't enter. And yes, the space beetween the 3 first and last numbers has to be there. I can't seem to find anything in the Data / Validation menu that enables me to do this :confused:. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

multiple counts on one report
Hi All, I have a report that needs to total 2 different things: Bed Days, and Clients Served. Each of these is broken down by Contract: ASOC or SACPA. I have a text box in the "Contract" Footer that counts how many clients are under each Contract. Name: Contract Count Control Source: =1 I have a text box in the Report Footer that totals the Clients Served (all clients under every Contract). Name: Clients Served Count Control Source: =Count(*) I need the same report to total: How many days each client (under each Contract) was in residence during the report period (Bed Days), and...

searching data
Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to collect "hits" of a particular entry? I have a 5-sheet workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to >collect "hits" of a particular entry? I have a 5-sheet >workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see >if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets. >. > This feature is available in Excel XP & 2003 -- in the Fin...

Document Management
I have been trying to figure out how to set up a Document Center that we can use for all our documentation for our office. There is quite a bit. All of the books that I have been trying to read about doing this, either don't cover it very well, or it is over my head and for developers. I'd like to have something like a vault where our master copies are stored and then use workflows to update the documents. I'm just not sure what the difference is between the Records Center and the Document Center and the Document Library. Can anyone point me in a direction so I can und...

export public folder data?

How to select data series to format? (alternative needed)
Is there an alternate way to select a data series to format in an XY Scatter chart? The only way I know of is to move the cursor close to the series line and right-click. But if the chart includes many data series and the lines are close together, it is difficult, if not "impossible", to select the desired line. I am looking for a method that presents me with a list of all the data series, and I select the one I want to "right click" (i.e. open the menu that include format, add trendline and clear, among others). Or something else that would not be so difficult to use. ...

Data Not Displaying
I am having a weird instance with my report not showing a couple of data. This report is based on a table and has 7 groups. The weird instance is on group 1, where some of the data appeared but not all. For example, here are my data : ColA ColB ColC ColD .... So far, I have detected that in ColC, the data does not show in all rows. Ex.: I have 13 rows all together, but in rows 3 and 6, Col C is blank. I checked the data in the table and they're all there. It is just not showing up on the report. I checked the Conditional Formating for this textbox, but there i...

Pivot table returns "Problems obtainig data"
Office 2000 Prof. SR_1 with SP4. Created a Form in Access to display data from one "My table" using the Form "Excel Pivot Table". Exported "My table" and this Form to others databases. Works OK in all computers. In one computer is giving the following error message when trying to REFRESH de data: EXCEL Problems Obtainig data. Even when I tried to create it a new Form in that database using the same imported table, gives the same error message. ...

Selectively protect cell data
I would like to , when a cell is empty, be able to enter data, but, once data is entered have the cell protected. Is there any way to do this. I'm a novice. thanks for any help. Ken Ken, here is one way, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '******unlock all cells in the range first********* Dim MyRange As Range Const Password = "123" '**Change password here** Set MyRange = Intersect(Range("A1:B10"), Target) '**change range here** If Not MyRange Is Nothing Then Unprotect Password:=Password MyRange.Lock...

Show One Record For Each Patient ID.
Hi I have a table that store data when a Patient visits a Medical Centre. I have setup a form to take information (Parameters) for a query to run and all works well except I don’t know how to show only 1 record per Patients ID (conpid), I don’t want all records to show for each Patient only 1 (last would be ideal) Any help would be appreciated. Regards Barry Existing SQL (so far):- SELECT tbl_consultations.conid, tbl_consultations.conpid, tbl_consultations.conpnf, tbl_consultations.conpnl, tbl_consultations.ConpDOB, tbl_consultations.conpfn, tbl_consultations.conts, ...

Text data formula
I need some help, I'm very new to excel and I'm having a hard time making my spreedsheet work like I want it to...This is what i'm doing, I have Three columns, column A is labeled site with drop downs (Daksh, Tampa, Texas),column B has drop downs (Full verifications,Streamline Verifications, column C is labeled completed and I put a 1 everytime I complete a test. I then have the total of streamline verifications added up and inputed into a column D cell, and full goes into column e cell. What I want is to have all the Daksh entries that are full verifications go into colum...

NDR to one Mailbox (Exch2003)
Hi Guys, I got a problem with my Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 system. The problem stated a couple days ago when I create another site laceration with Windows 2000 server (same AD domain). Now Exchange does not accept email to one mailbox generating NDR (email address does not exist in organization). Problem sometime may be cleared by restarting SMTP service, but not all the time. The only one difference I notice about this mailbox that it is approaching 3GB in size. Additional info: Exchange sitting in the same box that Win2003 Domain Controller and it also a Global Catalogue. Any ideas wil...

Trying to post data from two companies in FRx
To explain this, I need to give a little background about our company. Our fiscal year is from 7/1 to 7/1. Our company was bought by another and transferred hands on 5/1/04 of this year. With the sale of the company, we created in Great Plains an identical company under the new ownership with the same accounts and use the same type of reports as we previously did. What I'm trying to do is pull data from the old company and the new company and print them into the same report. However, I'm still getting information from the new company only when I print reports. In the tr...