How do I reference a cell to automatically update in a header

How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header
or a footer.

I believe it could be accomplished with an Event-Macro at the sheets level.
Assuming B5 Text should be reflected as the Header - try this:
   If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then
       ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = [B5]
   End If
End Sub
-------------
Micky

"Dan" wrote:

> How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header
> or a footer.

Determine Updates
I'm taking over an existing Exchange environment, how do I determine what updates have been applied. Open the Exchange System Manager. Right-click the server in question and choose "Properties". The first tab should give you details on the current service pack which is installed. As for hotfixes and rollup packages, I'm not exactly certain. HTH,-s you can find what hotfixes have been installed on a server by going to "add/remove" programs...they should all be listed... "shifty" <shifty_MyU@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105566510.641295.1...

Cell format #3
Want the cell dosen't show anything then the value is zero. How I do that ?? // Sokoban ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Sokoban, If I understand you correctly, just wrap your formula inside an IF function: =IF(YOUR_FORMULA=0,"",YOUR_FORMULA) or You can goto Tools>Options>View>Zero Values Biff >-----Original Message----- >Want the cell dosen't show anything then the value is zero. >How I do that ?? > ...

Match & Index function
Hello - I am trying to use the Match and index functions together. Typically, I have been able to match and pull in the data without a problem. But now that I am using a text file that I export into excel, I am running into problems. Basically, the formula won't work (even though I have tried trimming the data, changing all columns to text, general, and number. The only way that the formula works is when I copy and paste the actual reference cell into the reference array from the range that I am seeking to pull in the data. So for example, my formula reads: =INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(Shee...

Update End Date
How can I automatically update the End Date to display the create date from a record previously reported. For example the end date for the first record listed below should be 9/24/2009 12:41:00 PM and the end date for the third record listed below should be 8/21/2009 9:00:00 AM. ID CATEGORY DURATION CREATE_DATE END_DATE 3426 Service 24 months 9/15/2009 9:35:00 AM 3426 Service 24 months 9/24/2009 12:41:00 PM 3426 Service 36 months 8/20/2009 12:23:00 PM 3426 Service 36 months 8/21/2009 9:00:00 AM Answered in the earlier pos...

Reference cell
Hi, gurus I have a question about quotation reference issue: An Excel workbook has a set of source worksheets,say,sheet1-sheet10. They have the SAME style but different values. Now on sheet11 in the same workbook, I want to quote values from one source sheet. Currently I have to update all of the reference links manually (just source sheet name, Row/Column position the same) if I switch from one source sheet to another. Can I somehow define a "source sheet" cell on sheet 11 so that all of referenced values can be automatically updated as "source sheet!R[n]C[n]" together ...

Accidental multiple cell pick selection
While working on Excel the mouse suddenly starts to select 4 cells in a column. I can't get it to only select a single cell. I've spent a lot of time searching Help and this knowledge base for a solution? Probably something really simple but I need help! Were you holding down a key for a long period of time and got an error message stating that? If so, try holding that key down again until it gets undone. -- NBVC Where there is a will there are many ways. 'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com) ----------------------------------------------------------------...

How can I count the number of cells in a range, having a constant.
How can I use COUNTIF using cell value and format as criteria? COUNTIF looks only at the values in the cells; the format is not relevant. If you are counting the occurrences of the number 65, for example, it doesn't matter what the font is, or whether it's bold or italic, or what the color of the font or cell is. On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:40:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I use COUNTIF using cell value and format as criteria? You'll need a helper column to "break-out" the return of the CELL() function. Then count wha...

Unable to update 04-07-10
Hello, I keep getting the error message below when I try to check for updates. I have done and checked every one of these steps multiple times, and it doesn't help. Can anyone help? Thanks. The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activ...

Referencing data from one cell within the text of another
I am looking for a way to reference data from one cell to be used in the text of another seperate cell. This is for the purpose of looking up stock tickers, where I want to be able to put in the ticker itself (usually a 2 or 3 letter stock ticker) and then have it placed automatically into a web address (hyperlinked) in a seperate cell. For example, I want to be able to place "TA" in one cell (without quotations, of course) and in another cell have it placed at the end of the following web address: "http://www.tsx.ca/HttpController?GetPage=QuotesViewPage&DetailedView=Detai...

Too many different cell formats #10
Dear All I have a quite big excel and i am trying to make some changes in format and i receive the message "Too many different cell format" Probably i have many different cell formats. From where i can set up the format in order to know what must be the format of the excel file? I need away to identify the format from all sheets in order to give to the all sheets as common format as i can. Any ideas? ...

"Use of OR condition in UPDATE Query"
I have a table that lists a set of diseases in several columns (say 2 columns, Disease1, Disease2). I want to create a new column (let us say, Diabetes) which would be coded as "Yes" for a row for which any one of the 2 columns has an entry for "Diabetes". Otherwise, it would be coded "No". I t would be an update query. I tried the following sql statement but it does not work: Update Table1 Set Table1.Diabetes = (IIF(InStr(1,([column1]), "Diabetes")>0 Or (IIF(InStr(1,([columnn2]), "Diabetes")>0, "Yes","No")); I ...

how to block cells?
hi i am trying to block cells. i'm writing a form and i want the empty cells to blocked (in order that u can fill in only the cells you need and you cant even click on the empty cells) does anyone knows how to do that? thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can lock all cells except those you want available for input. (format;cells; protection). Then protect the sheet. In XP, you can allow the user to only select unlocked cells. I don't know if that feature is available in 2000; I don't think it was available in 97. >-----Original Message----- ...

ERROR: Too many cell formats
I keep getting this error message when I try to change the font size of a cell. Sometimes it even crashes the program. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Thanks Have a read at this KB article on this problem and fixes. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 20 May 2005 08:31:03 -0700, ChrisA <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I keep getting this error message when I try to change the font size of a >cell. Sometimes it even crashes the program. Why is it doing this and how >can I fix it? > >...

How to format cell depend on combo choice from another cell
Hi I have tried to find out from earlier messages but failed. I am looking for the following I need to fill in payments from our customers. In the left column I choose via combo box the currency of the invoice. How to get the cell account formatting (format cell -> Number ->Accounting) from all cells right of it in the currency that I choose from the combo? So: A1 B1 C1 etc. Combo: Cell format: US Dollar USD USD Euro EUR EUR Thank you Bart Excel 2003 You can't change the format of a cell w...

This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized.
Using Excel 97. I have Columne A-H, Lines 2 - 428 (line 1 is a header/title of that column). Added information to line 429. Highlighted A-H, 2-49 and tried to Sort by going to >Data>Sort>Column A>Ascending>OK...and get the error message "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." Went to web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q157111#appliesto Still cannot get columns to sort with line 429 in proper alpha order. Had no problems with this until I added line 429. Can you be of assistance? Thank You!!! Hi do you hav...

Automatic posting of a warning sign
I am working on excel spreadsheet with formulas and functions. I want to know if there is a way to warn someone to use the right formula for a particular allocation that a person will be doing. A pop-up message will satisfy the need. Or is there a way to premanently install it in the system ? Please let me know Thanks Sid Just to add to Debra's excellent advice, there is no method outside of macros that will look at the formula a user enters. Data validation can look at the value returned by a formula, but it seems you would have to know the range of the right answer at least ...

In excel, how do I vary a cell over a data range & see its effect?
I would like to plot a chart where values of a cell vary over data range and effect of this change are seen on a related cell. I could have copied the cells and the formula as many times as the number of values of the first cell. Wanted to have a smarter way. The simpler way (and therefore usually smarter) is to copy the formula as many times as you need points. A trickier way which only requires the formula to be used once is to set up a data table in the worksheet. Here is a tutorial: http://www.ce.cmu.edu/~hsm/bca2005/lnotes/XLDataTablesMonochrome2001.pdf - Jon ------- Jon Peltier,...

Automatic Moving to the Next Cell
When using Excel to produce forms, I want to automate how the cells are selected when inputing data. Usually, I unlock the cells that will have data entered in them and lock the remaing cells. Next, I protect the sheet. Then, I use the tab key to move to the next cell that requires data instead of having to click on the next cell. I'd like to take it a step further. Does anyone know if I can direct Excel to automatically move to the next cell when I enter data in the current cell? These particular cells only have one digit entered in each cell. So, without having to use the ta...

is there a way to do this automatically
is there a way to do this automatically setting prices a, b, c Hi Victor, Have you tried Mihir's suggestion? See his reply to your original post. This should work for you, if you are unsure of how to do it reply to his message he left in your original thread. And don't forget to backup your data first :) hth kevin "Victor" wrote: > is there a way to do this automatically setting prices a, b, c ...

Exchange 2003 Recipient Update Policy
We have a secondary domain we host. I am trying to create a custom recipient policy filter using the division attribute. All users at this company have their own division, and this would be automatically populated when the user is created. When creating the filter it works as a query in AD but I cannot get a recipient policy to use the division field. Is division an allowed field, better yet what are the allowed fields to base you policy on. I can post the filter if needed. Thanks Upinja Hi If you plan to use the division attribute create a user defined recipient policy. something ...

programing cells
I would like to progam a cell on a work sheet to automatically change the date once a week on Friday afternoon. The worksheet is a sign in sheet with the names of all employees. You could try an auto open macro, something like Public Sub Auto_Open() If Weekday(Date) = 6 Then Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Value = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy" End If End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "secureearl" <secureearl1@excite.com> wrote in message ...

How to prevent word wrap on a cell before line is filled
I have tried to find a solution to this, but have been unable to correct it. Using Excel 2003, I have my rows set up for word wrap. When I enter text into a cell (formatted as General), the row width will update automatically if the cell wraps. This is how I want it. The problem is that the row wraps before I have reached the end of the cell being edited. I can understand that there may be some sort of margin in place somewhere (although I cannot find any settings for this), but there are still at least 3/4 characters that can still be entered into the cell before I would consider it f...

easy one
I'm sure this is easy as pie for you guys - I'm creating a boxing scorecard and I’ve hit the wall. Cells b2:b13 and c2:c13 are where the scores go. I have the following formula in c2 =if(b2=10,9,10) that will cha column c to what I want. What I'm looking for is a second formula that will put a zero in column c when I put a zero in column b and still adhere to the rules of the first formula when applicable. Also, I can’t figure out an autosum function that will only add the cells with a "10" and not sum all of the 10’s. So, a total of rounds won. I can get 12 wi...

Update Query ?

Need SOMETHING that updates a linked spreadsheet automatically
Hello experts, I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. Bot reside in a Windows 2000 server. When values in S2 are changed and saved, I need SOMETHING (a trigger program, or script, whatever) that automatically updates values in S1 without me having to open S1 and update it myself. Is there a solution to this problem? What could do it? Thanks vey much for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "kpax >" <<kpax.14fcjn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. Bo...