How do I print an entire workbook w/diff orientatns to Adobe PDF?

I'm trying to print to PDF an entire workbook that has different orientations
(landscape/portrait) on each worksheet. It keeps asking to save  each time
the orientation changes so I end up having to combine the documents in the
end. Is there any way to 'print' / convert the entire workbook in one go?
Thank you.
0
Sus (3)

Print a worksheet when a cell = 1
I want to print a worksheet when a value of 1 appears in cell A1 (The cell is linked to another program which will write a 1 into the cell when a printout is required) Please tell me how I can achieve this – all suggestions welcome Is that link a formula to a different worksheet in a different workbook? Or is it the result of some kind of query? A little more information may help get an answer. Pat wrote: > > I want to print a worksheet when a value of 1 appears in cell A1 > (The cell is linked to another program which will write a 1 into the cell > when a printout is requi...

I've downloaded Adobe 9 , but I still can't open PDF files.
Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail concerning work. What to do? The quickest and easiest first step is to re-attribute PDF format to Adobe. Select a PDF file in Windows Explorer, right-mouse-click, Open With, Choose Program, select Adobe (may need to Browse), check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". OK Hope this helps DeanH "JohninMontreal" wrote: > Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail > concerning work. What to do? Ask in an Ado...

printing #21
hi all,is it possble when printing a worksheet,to not have a partial row not print.what i am trying to do is not have the info in theses cells show up when printed.ie print worksheet except d24:d34?any suggestions? thx wyn -- WYN Hi two options, select the cells you do want to print (hold down control to get multiple cells) and then choose file / print / selection or change the font colour of d24:d34 to white before printing. Cheers JulieD "WYN" <WYN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEC2DEC1-A4F9-43BB-930C-24D897F101F8@microsoft.com... > hi all,is it...

Printing labels from HQ
Why can't we print labels from HQ? Its simple..... some companies manage products and inventory form the warehouse and "push" the product to the retail locations. It makes no sense to manage label printing from the store level for our business model. Can it be done? The concept is that a warehouse will be a store. HQ in RMS is a centralised management control system not a physical location. To manage the physical location you need a store license. So we always install HQ and a store where the warehouse is included. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@Retailrealm.co.uk Chairman ...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #3
Dave, That got the job done, but I need something that is less intensive fo the less proficeint ppl at the office, that's why I am trying to buld macro. Thanks for your help :cool: Dave Peterson Wrote: > If I were doing it manually, I'd apply data|filter|autofilter to tha > range. > > Then filter on that column using custom. > Show the cells you want to delete > (Does not contain maybe very useful!) > > Select those visible cells (avoiding the header) > rightclick|delete > > > > asf wrote: > > > > Hey Harald, > > >...

Shrinks page to be printed
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a dozen sheets. They are set-up to fit to page for printing. 98 out of 100 users of this spreadsheet have the pages print out perfectly. However, 2 out of 100 say that the spreadsheet shrinks when they go to print to a size that is too small to read. I am assuming there is an option that these two users have selected in Excel that have it resizing to fit differently than the others. Can someone help provide guidance? BTW, I do not have the Print-Area defined because even though 99% of the sheets are identical in size (row and columns), there may be ...

merging workbooks #5
I am a teacher. I have to enter all my students grades into a form, I then have to merge that document with the report template in order to quickly print all the reports for my students without having to enter all the details on each individual report. How do I do this? Thanx Ria This sounds like a job for MS Word's 'mail merge' (or Form Letter), for which Excel has a Help under 'Mail Merge' -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

running a specific macro on opening and closing a workbook
Afternoon all! I have an excel 97 workbook that contains 25 sheets of various types o information. In an effort to prevent users from entering dat incorrectly or in the wrong order, they are prompted through the sheet one by one using two buttons..."return to main menu" or "continue". The last macro sorts the data into a table consisting of all othe employee's and prints the documents required. It closes by clearin all of the form documents, hiding all documents except "main menu" an returning to the Main Menu. I have another macro called "freshstar...

Attempting to print silently from Word using ShellExecuteEx
I am using an ActiveX control to print input documents and their OLE attachments to the proper applications. I am attempting to have the documents print silently. I print them in a loop calling ShellExecuteEx for each one in turn. Parameters are the same for all. E.g my program receives a report with a PDF file and two embedded OLE Word attachments. My loop first prints the PDF and it prints silently with no Popups whatsoever. After successfully extracting the OLE attachments and storing them in locally saved .doc file, I print them in the same loop using the same Shell...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

Printing of Borders 02-14-10
I have a phenomenon I have not seen before, despite using Excel for over 15 years. Can anyone please point to a cause? Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP3 platform. On a particular worksheet the Borders are printing on copy one but not copy two. The Borders are delineating sub-totals and totals of columns of figures. Not all worksheets are affected. TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England Enquire, plan and execute ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ perhaps it is a side effect of the Printer preferences having "Advanced Printing features" enabled. You have an HP pr...

Printing attachments #2
I have several users who wish to print a copy of their emails INCLUDING the icons of any attached documents....but wish to keep the formatting of the original text. The following solution will print the email and attachments, but I lose all formatting within the email. 1) Open the email. 2) Click Edit->Edit Message 3) Click Format->Plain Text 4) Print your email Does anyone know how to keep the formatting? Darrell ...

How do I avoid my placed photos printing double?
When I place photos in Publisher, they look normal. In print preview and when I print, many of the images come out doubled. The one image has turned into two one on top of the other with no separation between them. siouxzq wrote: > When I place photos in Publisher, they look normal. In print preview > and when I print, many of the images come out doubled. The one image > has turned into two one on top of the other with no separation > between them. Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) wil...

Junk Mail Filter w/ Exchange
I upgraded to Office 2003. Upon installing Outlook (running on MS Exchange) and setting up the Junk Mail filter, I got a message regarding using the filter with Exchange. I didn't get what the message said, but the filter does not work. It does not block any receipts in my Blocked list. What do I need to do to make it work? Is this an exchange issue? My exchange is 2000. Are you using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/o...

how do i protect all worksheets in a workbook at one time
I have tried to follow directions given earlier and have been unseccessful. This is my first time to attempt putting in a code so I am must be missing some action. How do I save the code after entering it or how do I activitate the code? ...

Printing Monthly Calendar (Outlook 2007)
My work has upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. Every month I print off the monthly view so I can monitor regular events. Outlook 2003 monthly print option only displayed the current month (5 weeks). In Outlook 2007 I am getting a six week view which is compressing the meeting information and displaying some of the next month. Is there a way I can set this so I only get the current month ? -- Malcolm Do you have all the latest updates installed? Outlook 2007 should print exactly 1 month - but there was a bug in early builds and it always did 6 weeks. -- Diane P...

Print BCC and attachment icons with message
How do I print a sent (or received) e-mail message with the BCC recipients and attachment icons included? I can print the message; no BCC recipients and no attachment icons show up. Thanks. Hi! BCC is not present in incoming messages. Regarding attachments: 1. For Outlook 2003 you should install SP1 2. For other Outlook versions: a. Convert message to plain text or RTF formats from HTML b. Install 3rd party add-in, e.g. our Print Tools http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/print_tools/ Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ons http://www.mapilab.com/ > ---...

print 1/2 page image to fill a full page
I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size. Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to just expand the entire image. Tried grouping all the elements then dragging the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted. I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11. I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either. What am I missing? Thanks...

How do I remove the page number from the background of my excel w.
When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my work. Can it be removed? Hi goto 'View' and choose the normal view. You currently have the 'Pagebreak view' enabled -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NancyLyons" <NancyLyons@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4476930A-38E1-4BAD-89D1-79DBA1E17B38@microsoft.com... > When working in Excel, the background page number is always obscuring my > work. Can it be removed? Maybe go View and check Normal instead of Page Break Preview, Regards, "NancyLyons...

Printing from excel fails after some time
Hi, Running XP Pro Sp1, Office 2003 Sp1. We have a few pc's with the above installed. When the machine is freshly rebooted the user can print from excel a few times successfully but then nothing is produced. Nothing shows in the print Queue. The 'Printing page 1 of n' shows only very briefly. To get it working again the machine needs a reboot. At the stage where nothing will print from Excel all other Office apps can print. Opening the printer properties from control panel and printing a test page also works. Any ideas? The users were able to constantly print using Excel 2000...

How do I get it to appear on the page as it does in Print Preview?
I'm planning to e-mail a promotion flyer department-wide but I can't get it to where the lines and text boxes are invisible when displayed in the message. When I got to print preview, the lines/text boxes aren't there. How do I get those lines to disappear while I'm viewing it on the page? Nevermind...I figured it out :) Thanks! "Officeworker777" wrote: > I'm planning to e-mail a promotion flyer department-wide but I can't get it > to where the lines and text boxes are invisible when displayed in the > message. When I got to print previe...

MFC print preview not correct
hi folks, I have a simple doc/view arch. application that just displays some text in the middle of the client area of the view. Am I overly naive to think that the print preview should work out of the box? I fill the background to grey and then print a line of text in the middle (both horizontal & vertically centered). What I get in the print preview is a small grey box in the upper left corner and the text cut off at the left and right. -a Andreesje wrote: > hi folks, > I have a simple doc/view arch. application that just displays some text in > the middle of the client a...

Outlook Printing problem
I have a template created in the tasks and I filled out the information and the P2 is not printing as I see it. It keeps coming up as a list which is not in order ir in a formate that I want, How do I change this so it prints like what I see on the screen? ...

Macro
Hi, I am using a macro to create a report and the last step is to print a particular worksheet using a PDF maker. I have figured out how to specify the printer as being the PDF maker, but I also want to be able to automatically enter the file name and path, which I will build within the macro depending upon some user inputs. I've built the text strings as I need, I just need to be able to "feed" them to the PDF maker rather than have the dialog box come up and ask the user for that information. Any help? Bill Hi Bill, I stumbled in here today to find the answer to...

Purchase orders
Here's my suggestion to MS... A great addition to RMS would be to bring back the ability to print labels for items in a purchase order based on the quantity you are currently receiving. Here's what I mean... If you have an item on a PO and you order 6 of them and the manufacturer ships 2 and then backorders 4 it will be very easy to print out the 2 labels using the RTD quantity option. However, when the 4 backordered items show up and need lables, the only way to set the quantity to 4 is manually. Now this is not a big deal for small orders, but it would save a huge amount o...