how do i print a list of names and dates in excel into a two-colu.

i have a list of names and dates comprising three columes in excel. How do i
print this list in an array two colums wide on 81/2x11 paper. i.e.:
NAME....DATE....DATE             NAME...DATE....DATE
there is enough data to fill four pages. data needs to be sorted so that new
names can be added alphabetically.

in page setup on the sheet tab, try selecting "over, then down" as the page
order.

"Captainbob" wrote:

> i have a list of names and dates comprising three columes in excel. How do i
> print this list in an array two colums wide on 81/2x11 paper. i.e.:
> NAME....DATE....DATE             NAME...DATE....DATE
> there is enough data to fill four pages. data needs to be sorted so that new
> names can be added alphabetically.
0
Chad9044 (93)
3/4/2005 7:41:06 PM
Bob

I would copy the sorted data to another sheet and convert the 3 columns to 6
columns for printing using a macro.

When new data is needed, add it to the original sheet then re-run the macro
with your newly added and sorted data.

Public Sub Snake3to6()
Dim myRange As Range
Dim colsize As Long
Dim maxrow As Long
Dim CopyToSheet As Worksheet
Const numgroup As Integer = 2
Const NUMCOLS As Integer = 6
    On Error GoTo fileerror
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
            For Each wkSht In Worksheets
                With wkSht
                If .Name = "Print_Sheet" Then
                    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
                      Sheets("Print_Sheet").Delete
                    End If
                End With
            Next
            Application.DisplayAlerts = True
            Set CopyToSheet = Worksheets.Add
    CopyToSheet.Name = "Print_Sheet"
    Sheets("datasht").Columns("A:C").Copy Destination _
    :=Sheets("Print_Sheet").Range("A1")
    CopyToSheet.Activate
    colsize = Int((ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + _
            ((NUMCOLS - 1)) / NUMCOLS)) / numgroup
'    MsgBox "Number of Rows to Move is: " & colsize
    Range("A1").Select
    With ActiveCell.Parent.UsedRange
        maxrow = .Cells(.Cells.Count).Row + 1
    End With
    ActiveCell.Parent.Cells(maxrow, ActiveCell.Column) _
            .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
    Set myRange = Range(ActiveCell.Address & ":" _
            & ActiveCell.Offset(-colsize, (numgroup)).Address)
    myRange.Cut Destination:=ActiveSheet.Range("D1")
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("A1").Select

fileerror:
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:37:04 -0800, "Captainbob"
<Captainbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have a list of names and dates comprising three columes in excel. How do i
>print this list in an array two colums wide on 81/2x11 paper. i.e.:
>NAME....DATE....DATE             NAME...DATE....DATE
>there is enough data to fill four pages. data needs to be sorted so that new
>names can be added alphabetically.

0
Gord

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

print
how can i print from clistctrl without using CView This article might help you out. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's worth a look: http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/printlistctrl.asp Tom "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6BFE63-983C-41E3-B95B-DE9491881E41@microsoft.com... > how can i print from clistctrl without using CView ...

Print Screen Key disabled

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

learning Excel #3

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...