How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?

Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.
--
Lee P
0

Lee

Help or TaskPane.

For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open
Excel should not display.

If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
>How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.
0
Gord
12/12/2005 9:34:55 PM
Thank you, Gord.  The uncheck worked.
--
Lee P

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Lee
>
> Help or TaskPane.
>
> For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open
> Excel should not display.
>
> If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane"
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right.
> >How do I pevent this?  I only want Excel to open with a new sheet.

0
Leep (4)

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Can anyone help ?

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Need Query Help

Excel Problem

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.
hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11". When i set the paper size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers.... how can i correct this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle? also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it look...

vlookup Help!
I have a Excel workbook which has multiple worksheets (tabs) tracking my agents stats from day to day. My data is not on the same identical cells from worksheet to worksheet. I am trying to use a Vlookup fuction to pull the specific data that I want from each worksheet, and get a return SUM total for my summary page. I hope you can hlep me with this problem or have a better solution. Thankyou Tommy Hi Tommy, Maybe I an give you a small example and you can expand it to suit. Formula in sheet 1, A1 =VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet2!A1:B5,2,0) Data on sheet 2 A1:A5 = A,B,C,D,E, which represent the sales...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

NEED HELP importing database into new install of Exch 2k
I am a small business owner, and we have one main, multi- homed box. This box is a Win2kAS PDC, DNS, IIS 5.0, Exch 2k, & file server. Last week the registry was zapped by a RAM parity error, and the system went into a perpetual reboot mode. I was able to slave the OS drive (we have an OS, and two mirrored data drives) on an XP pro machine to see if I could see any of the data, luckily it's all there. Unfortunately, we didn't have the registry or exchange databases backed up. I've installed a new drive, reinstalled Win2kAS, re-setup AD, IIS 5.0, Exch 2k, and other apps....

Please help
I hope someone can help me out with this because it is creating a very big hassle for me. In the old 2000 version of Excel, it is possible to paste results directly from a Query Analyzer table (or any other table for that matter) into the spreadsheet. It would match the data cell for cell. However in 2003, it seems to paste the an entire multicolumn table of results to single column. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a setting or something in 2003? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks, Joe Joe No setting as such that I know of. Don't have analyser installed but tried ...

Custom PageSetup dialog & help
I have a custom PageSetupDialog - done by following steps recommended by MSDN. I have a custom dialog resource built by adding a few fields to the standard page setup dialog dialog resource, and have used the PSD_ENABLEPAGESETUPTEMPLATE flag to get my dialog. It all works as expected. My application has help files setup and I have handlers for the various help messages (ID_HELP, ID_HELP_INDEX, ID_CONTEXT_HELP etc.). When the application is running and you are at the custom page setup dialog and press the F1 key - a context help is displayed for all the fields that the standard Page setup...

Help with graph
I have cells with info in them (� values), each set of cells has a name, say J2 has mary smith in it. I then use this info for a graph chart. Is there a way to automatically get the name mary smith onto the graph chart? I know how to do this manually but is there a way for example =J2 and this would do it for me? thanks -- Hi, You do not say exactly where in the chart you want the name to appear. But if you mean as a data label then nothing automatic, unless the name is already defined as either the series name or category labels. There is however a free addin that makes the as...

Please help! Outlook cannot read mailbox!
Hi, I have a huge problem. I'm using SBS server. I've created a user. They can access their e-mail from outlook web access, but not Outlook itself. In outlook I can't even create a new exchange account, as outlook cannot find the user. Hope that someone can help Btw, I see this in my event log: Information Store (3288) First Storage Group: Index FoldersIndex6 of table Folders is corrupted (0). If OWA works the problem must be with the client or name resolution. 1. Is name resolution from your client to the Exchange server working correctly? 2. If name resolution is not an...

macro shortcut help
Hello I have a Macro set up in spreadsheets I have made for multiple people. I have set it up so they can paste the info needed in a worksheet and then use the shortcut ctr(a) to run the macro below to delete all rows with lab in it. Sub Find_LAB() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "LAB" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub This worked well for a while but now I find that the shortcut is n...

Re: My category heirarchy got messed up - help!
Thanks to Cal's suggestions and Dick's FAQ - Q5/A5 (fascinating reading!), I think I've recovered from my "corrupted" file problem described in an earlier posting today. In case you're interested, I suspect a recurring bill with the "Fitness" sub-category was the problem. I had that bill set up to automatically post to the register 3 days before the due date (why? I don't know - I won't do THAT again!). I restored a backup from 2 days ago that didn't exhibit the problem, deleted the offending recurring bill, re-defined it, and entered ...

Help! Can't open Outlook Express
Help! I can't open Outlook express. Whenever I try to a message pops up that says, "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. I've tied to download another Outlook Express. But It says I need Internet Explorer 6 but I have installed it. Please Help!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for...

Help, please, Re: DST/ Outlook patch
Using Outlook 2000 and Win XP... I downloaded and installed a patch from Microsoft's website, to address the change in Daylight Savings Time... (Northeast US). The time on my PC is correct, however the patch has moved every appointment I had set up in Outlook, by one hour.. As you can imagine, now I am double checking every entry to get the correct time... Why would it do this?????????? The time of day changed, not the time of the app't! Help? Is there a fix for this fix? Thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Did you then apply the TZMOVE.exe patch for Outlook after you appl...

help please?
Hi, I'm trying to go to college... I am about 4,000 dollars short. Financial Aid came up short this year. I'm in my junior year and I'm afraid I won't be able to go this semester. I was wondering if anyone would consider donating as little as a dollar through paypal to me. Anything could help! www.digitalcharity.com/m.php?id=1985. Please consider! This is not spam... if you need proof my college attendence, I'm willing to send a copy of financial transcript and report card. If you have any questions, please email me at Rudyskagirl@gmail.com... thank you so much for reading...

Help- Changing Case
Good morning: Excel 2003: I need to change the case on imported data from "CAPS" to "Proper". I thought it would have been an easy process but I was wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks John Select the cells you want to make Proper and run this small macro: Sub properize() For Each r In Selection r.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(r.Value) Next End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200738 "RoadKing" wrote: > Good morning: > Excel 2003: I need to change the case on imported data from "CAPS" to > &q...