How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?

I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects
it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this?
0
Watts (2)

One way is to format the input column / range as Text first
(via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK)
--
Rgds
Max
"Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it
corrects
> it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this?

0
demechanik (4694)
9/15/2005 6:12:29 AM
Another way is to start with a leading apostrophe:

'2/1

Watts wrote:

> I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects
> it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Excel 2007

formula based on format

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Excel DNS query

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

OWA FBA not functioning correctly
Hello, I can't seem to get OWA FBA working correctly. I can get to the Forms page and issue my domain\userid and password and I get a "page cannot be displayed error page". The URL times out at https://servername/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll Any ideas would be great. bj ...