How do I preserve the accents when saving as XML Spreadsheet?

Excel displays these two French words "Comptabilité Générale" but when I save
it as an XML Spreadsheet I get "Comptabilité Générale". Why? How can I
preserve the initial formatting? Thank you.

0
dotnetway (1)

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Saving Graphics in Outlook 2000
I belong to a graphics group and from time to time would like to save graphics that come in email. When I right click>save picture as> I get a ..bmp option to save and would prefer to save as either a jpg or a gif. If I manually type in .gif, I loose the animation. Is it possible to save a graphic in the format that it was inserted in the email? Thanks for the help. I have exactly the same problem with Outlook. AND deleting the "ofline content" does not work at all. Can anyone help on this one. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from htt...

I can't open an emailed Excel Spreadsheet
I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo email couldn't open it. It directed me to the Microsoft webpage to find out what program it came from. What do I do now???? Is it possible that you do not have excel installed on your computer? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "New to area" <New to area@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:477288BA-4E9E-45A7-B183-A19E96F9A873@microsoft.com... > I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo > email couldn't open it. It directed...

copying to another spreadsheet
I have a table in spreadsheet x of 10 columns and 1000 rows. Afte sorting by the entries in column a, I would like to copy row entrie with the same column a entry to a specific location in spreadsheet Y. E.g., the rows that have "oranges" in column a in spreadsheet x woul be copied to a specific location in spreadsheet Y, under a heading o "oranges". In the same vein, column a entries in spreadsheet x o "pears" would be copied to spreadsheet y under the heading of "pears". And so on. Is there any way to automate the copying of rows fro spreadsheet x ...

SOAP xml
Fedex in the US is changing their method of dealing with their servers for submitting packages, tracking , etc. The old method was a formatted Xml file submitted via an HTTP Post. You then parsed the returned Xml that contained the information requested. Now they are phasing that out in favor of a web service using WSDL SOAP messages. I took one of their VB.Net samples and have sucessfully tracked packages and received Proof of Delivery Pdf files. However I have a problem when I deal with Fedex tech support when I have questions about some of their other services, for example Address ...

Reimport XML fails
Followed the instructions here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011019641033.aspx#create_map to import an RSS feed for Craig's List: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/index.rss. It works great the first time, but if I want to update it, nothing happens??? Do I have to save the file each time and start with a fresh empty file with just the mapping? LMK - TIA ed ...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Creation of XSD from XML
Hi Is there an easy way to programmtically create an xsd-schema from an xml file? Reason .... I create slightly different xml documents in my app, based on user data. I would like to create a temporary schema files from those xml documents, in order to use the data in a UI grid. I found the XmlSchema class, but it would be an overkill to create the schema through this class. Thanks for any hints, Urs Urs wrote: > Is there an easy way to programmtically create an xsd-schema from an xml > file? ..NET 2.0 has an InferSchema method of the XmlSchemaInference class in System....

Saving
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? Thanks, John Which version? On 9/05/08 4:41 AM, in article ee9ae38.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Full_Bloom@officeformac.com" <Full_Bloom@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole > powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? > Thanks, > John -- ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Freeze when toggling from UserForm to Spreadsheet
I was wondering if anyone else ever runs into this problem, and if so what causes it, and how to fix it. When I am in the Microsoft Visual Basic Window, there is one form that causes excel to freeze (excel.exe resource shoot to 99%), forcing me to shut down excel manually, and lose any changes. This only occurs if I have that form visible and I toggle from the form back to the spreadsheet. There are no problems/errors running the user form. It occurs only when I am working in the VB Window and toggle back to the Excel spreadsheet window. It does not occur with any other UserForm, or when ...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

LINQ to XML and Amazon Webservices
Hi, I'm having a hard time in using LINQ on XML returned from Amazon Webservices. I'm using the 2008 beta 2 on an XP machine. the code I'm using is: ========= Dim s As String s = "http://ecs.amazonaws.com/onca/xml?" & _ "Service=AWSECommerceService&" & _ "AWSAccessKeyId=1234&" & _ "AssociateTag=my-tag&" & _ "ResponseGroup=Small&" & _ "Operation=ItemSearch&" & _ ...

imbedded spreadsheet
Are you able to imbed an active blank spreadsheet (with it's own headers, etc) into an existing spreadsheet? Yes but why would you want to??? Bring up the Control Toolbox toolbar (Tools | Customize | Toolbars -> check Control Toolbox). The final icon on the toolbar looks like a Hammer and Wrench. Click it to get a list of available controls. Scroll down to Microsoft Office Spreadsheet and select. Your cursor will turn into a cross hair which you can use to draw the spreadsheet onto your worksheet. Now click on the first icon on the Control Toolbox which looks like a P...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Chunking out data from a huge xml file (Ajax)
Hi I am faced with quite a challenge. I need to open a 70-100 meg file and be able to chunk it out using AJAX back to the client but that isn't my problem really. What I need to do is open the file and get pieces of it out without loading the entire thing into memory. The pieces themselves are random although of a fixed size. If I tried to read an entire file into a stirng and parse pieces out I use too much memory and if I use the xmlTextReader and the skip method my memory problems are solved but it creates a huge performance issue. If I don't have to I don't want to ...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

About XML scheme
Hi ! What is XML scheme ? What is a use of that ? Give me some idea... Thanks & Regards Elankathir, B'lore, India. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ElanKathir .S.N <elankathirctech@yahoo.co.in> writes: > What is XML scheme ? Is an XML based standard to describe the structure of an XML document (more powerful than DTD) > What is a use of that ? Try to start with a tutorial: http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp -- Lawrence "Avevo Halo, poi e` arrivata la mia fidanza...

XML Format
I am looking for documentation on the XML format required to import Vendors into Great Plains and to import Vendor invoices into Great Plains. Is this documented somewhere? I already have the format for Sales but can't find the format for these types of transactions and vendor information. Our requirements are very simple and we do not need the enhanced features of Integration manager. Jean, Using what to import with? The only "built in" tool to GP is the Import Utility which only takes a flat csv or tab file and not XML. So I'm pretty sure that isn't what ...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

xml question?
what is the equivalent of this in C# ? foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) Thansk Sorry I made a mistake here is what I want to convert to C# For Each Node In XmlDocument.Item("configuration").Item("appSettings") "Ray5531" <Ray5531@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:elPIiezOFHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > what is the equivalent of this in C# ? > > foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in > xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) > > > > Thansk > > Hi Ray,...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...