I would like to know how to give an entire row (or column) a text overlay
such as "VOID" and still be able to view the text in the underlaying row (or
column).

Thanks in advance.
0
Charles (140)

Use WordArt from the Drawing toolbar.  Change the Fill to None.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Bruce Charles" <Bruce Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I would like to know how to give an entire row (or column) a text overlay
| such as "VOID" and still be able to view the text in the underlaying row
(or
| column).
|
| Thanks in advance.

0
jrrech (1932)
1/31/2005 5:38:54 PM
Here are some examples

http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bruce Charles" wrote:

> I would like to know how to give an entire row (or column) a text overlay
> such as "VOID" and still be able to view the text in the underlaying row (or
> column).
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

perpetually loading text
my mailbox shows the subject and sender but the message area of the page is blank and the hourglass icon shows constantly as though it is downloading the message but it never loads. This happens even with emails i have already read before this problem started a week ago. Thanks for any input. ...

Comments automatically highlight text
Is there a way to change this behaviour? In 'track changes', all comments are associated with the main text by a highlighting of that text. I use web layout view with a black background and white text, and this highlighting is way too light to read the text comfortably. Ideally, I would like either to have no highlighting (just coloured brackets around the relevant text commented on), or be able to change the colour of the highlighting, just as I'm able to change the colouring of the comment balloons. 5 days later... I guess these forums aren't exactly bustling. ...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

coloring in rows
Hi Could somebody please help me with the following problem? How do I set a conditional format that if L5,M5, or N5 = �BAD� the highlight the row yellow, otherwise leave it the standard non fil color (clear) Thanks Andre -- kob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2863 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48371 Select Row 5. Format> Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =OR($L5="Bad",$N5="Bad",$M5="Bad") Set ...

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

how to increase text size in reading pane
dennist685 dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > dennist685 Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough to mention. -- Brian Tillman 2007 tjanks "Brian Tillman" wrote: > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > > > dennist685 > > Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough > to mention. > -- > Brian Tillman > > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > 2007 I don't have OL 2007, but in OL 2003, the Readi...

Weekly Resource Utilization Report without Timesheet module?
We are considering dropping the timesheet module of PWA 2007 and was wondering if we would still be able to get a report out that would detail the number of hours used by a resource by project task and by week. My gut feel is that it should be able to, but not sure there are any canned reports that is available for this purpose within Resource Center or Project Center. Kahuna: you can get this from the OLAP cube using the MSP_Project_Timesheet cube. Understand that Project Managers can change actual work values in projects unless you lock down the system. So, your decision mus...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Linking and Updating Word Text
I created a template in Publisher, including text, titles, pictures, etc. I have 13 separate Word docs that people are changing and updating. The text from the 13 documents needs to link into that Publisher template, to creat 13 new Publisher files. I need to accomplish two goals: a) 13 consistant looking Publisher files, that are, b) easily updated from the Word docs through link updates (or whatever.) I've only been able to bring over embedded objects from Word as pictures. Thank you. In Publisher, create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse t...

Text size in a drop-down list
I have created a drop down list using the Data>>Validation feature. The list is pulled from a range of values in the spreadsheet and a drop-down appears on each cell where the data validation is set. The problem I have is that the list text is very small, maybe 8 points. Changing the source data or the size of the validated cells makes no difference. Changing Excel default settings or Normal style text size settings doesn't make a difference. Does anyone know how to change the text size so that we can read the drop down text? A workaround http://www.contextures.com/x...

Rich Text Signature
Ho do I add Rich Text signature for my outgoing mail. Thanks Create your signature in a file on your PC (save it anywhere, just remember where). Then utilize Tools - Options - Signature tab to bring in that file (note the "Browse" button). Also, if you click the "Advanced" button you will have options in regard to which email account or newsgroup that signature applies. You can have multiple signatures. "Kumar Dheeraj" <Kumar Dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3735BB37-F9B0-4A4E-95F4-222384D0B5EF@microsoft.com... ...