how do i open spreadsheet from e-mail

i have win xp home edition. Have a time sheet e-mailed to me. To open it I am
told win needs to Know Who created it. Then it tells me microsoft exel but i
have no idea what to do next!

Do you have Excel installed on your computer?  It is a component of MS Office
suite and does not come as part of Windows OS.

Do a file search for excel.exe and see if you can find it.

If not, download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx

You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:11:01 -0700, "Computer illiterate" <Computer
illiterate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have win xp home edition. Have a time sheet e-mailed to me. To open it I am
>told win needs to Know Who created it. Then it tells me microsoft exel but i
>have no idea what to do next!

0
Gord

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

open two different Access reports

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem