How do i navigate between sheet tabs from my keyboard?

It would help my data entry immensly by not having to use the mouse.
0
T (153)

Ryan

CTRL + PageUp and CTRL + PageDown to cycle through sheet tabs.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 May 2005 17:02:02 -0700, Ryan T <Ryan T@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>It would help my data entry immensly by not having to use the mouse.

0
Gord
5/3/2005 12:26:06 AM
ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn will cycle through the worksheets.

ctrl-F6 and ctrl-shift-F6 will cycle through the open windows.  (As will
ctrl-tab and shift-ctrl-tab.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

You can also click in the Name box (left end of the Formula Bar where the
Active Cell reference appears) and type the goto location, such as
Sheet5!b200 then press Enter.

HTH |:>)

"Ryan T" wrote:

> It would help my data entry immensly by not having to use the mouse.
0
CyberTaz (411)
5/3/2005 2:35:10 PM
Hi CyberTaz

how do you activate the name box without using the mouse? (as per OP's
requirements)?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"CyberTaz" <CyberTaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ryan-
>
> You can also click in the Name box (left end of the Formula Bar where the
> Active Cell reference appears) and type the goto location, such as
> Sheet5!b200 then press Enter.
>
> HTH |:>)
>
> "Ryan T" wrote:
>
>> It would help my data entry immensly by not having to use the mouse.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
5/3/2005 2:45:50 PM
You can use Go To    Ctrl+G    which is also F5.

I certainly find such things to avoid the mouse to
a waste of time.

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message news:eR8437%23TFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi CyberTaz
>
> how do you activate the name box without using the mouse? (as per OP's
> requirements)?
>
> --
> Cheers
> JulieD
> check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm
> ...well i'm working on it anyway
> "CyberTaz" <CyberTaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ryan-
> >
> > You can also click in the Name box (left end of the Formula Bar where the
> > Active Cell reference appears) and type the goto location, such as
> > Sheet5!b200 then press Enter.
> >
> > HTH |:>)
> >
> > "Ryan T" wrote:
> >
> >> It would help my data entry immensly by not having to use the mouse.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

any way to open multi html fiels in differen ie7 tabs from batch file?
I managed to open in single tab with last file shown while the others in history I also managed to get multi instance of ie7 I also can open one at a time but wait for ie7 to close I search the web, no luck so far. the Firefox way is definitely not supported. help would be much appreciated. platform ie7 on vista 64 "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message news:OQtrdi43KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I managed to open in single tab with last file shown while the others in > history > I also managed to get multi...

sheet protection #7
why can't i protect some of my excel sheets? Is the workbook shared? Have you grouped multiple worksheets? jaci wrote: > > why can't i protect some of my excel sheets? -- Dave Peterson ...

Time sheet issues
There are three questions I am preparing a time shhet. To strart with I have to prepare a blank sheet and give one sheet for each emlpoyee Here are the blank walls I am hitting 1. I want to format a cell (E2 in my time sheet) in such a way that if enter "1" it should display "January" and so on. How to do it? 2. The First cell of last row (A 34 in my of the time sheet) should have 28, 29, 30 or 31 depending the conditions of E2 and H2 which has month and year respectively. 3. The cells B4 to B34 should have days cooresponding to dates (number) in A4 to B34 They sho...

I can't select cells on Excel using the touch pad, and neither the sheet not the workbook is protected

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel 2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking them. On Apr 21, 2:06=A0pm, June <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Ex= cel > 2003. =A0Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without br= eaking > them. After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls" with ".xlms" Hope this helps, Chris M. It's not clear what you'v...

keyboard shortcut for SelectNextObject
I know Visio doesn't support text tables, but I'd like to mimic one of their characteristics for text entry. I've built a table-like object out of a bunch of rectangles. To enter text, I now need to mouse click on each rectangle to select it before typing. It would be a huge step in the right direction if I was able to somehow "tab" to the next rectangle without leaving the keyboard. I've checked the list of keyboard shortcuts provided elsewhere on this list and couldn't find one. Is there some way to program a key to select or "tab" to the "ne...

Sheets not getting displayed
When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. Using windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation Are the sheets hidden? - - try Format, Sheets, Unhide, and unhide any required sheets listed there. Saj Francis Wrote: > When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. > Using > windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread:...

I need a four sided program to print on one sheet
I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet Okay - so what's your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "debbie hughes" <debbie hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9FA1ECD-6405-4690-BCA3-5AD2FE716683@microsoft.com... >I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 >sheet debbie hughes wrote: > I need to make a four sided program, > front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet ============================== Choose one of the pre-formatted greeting ca...

last sheet or go back
I have been trying to figure out how to go back to the last sheet that I was working on. I often navigate my spreadsheets with hyperlinks, but I haven't figured out how to go back to the sheet I was last on. Any help would be great. By the way, what is up with all of these weird posts that we have been inundated with lately? Regards, Shane > By the way, what is up with all of these weird posts that we have been > inundated with lately? Some nutter sends them out now and then - probably trying to get into the top-10 posters lists !! Pete How about a navigation bar from Debr...

Event Name for clicking next tab
I may not be using the right terminology here, but hopefully someone will know what I mean and be able to help. I have a form with a tab-control which has 5 tabs. I want to initiate a macro when a specific tab is clicked. I thought there would be an event that I use to run the macro when the tab I want is clicked, but I can't seem to find it. Is there one out there? On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:17:38 -0500, "Joe" <joeg10@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a form with a tab-control which has 5 tabs. I want to initiate a >macro when a specific tab is clicked. I tho...

Delegate Tab doesn't appear!
HI to all, I've a strange problem with a user who has installed Outlook 2003. I'm trying to give delegate of his mailbox to aother user, but in OL the delegate tab doesn't exist! Could someone help me. Thanks in advance S. I've found the problem, the add-in is not install, but if I try to install it OL doesn't install it... Any suggest? Thanks lasonda@libero.it ha scritto: > HI to all, > > I've a strange problem with a user who has installed Outlook 2003. > > I'm trying to give delegate of his mailbox to aother user, but in OL > the de...

Missing "Tabs" in CRM
Hi All, I am facing a problem in the 'settings' chapter. The "buttons" settings and customization disappeared for 1 user. Other users with the exact same roles still can see the buttons. Reassigning the role does not help. How can i solve this problem? Gr, Joep Does the user have the Outlook client installed and have both Outlook and the web UI open at the same time? If so, then parts of the web UI will disappear. There's a post about this on my blog which details the workaround. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Joep" wrote: > Hi ...

Error occurred while loading sheet 3011111111111111111111111111111
I get this message on one of my XL workbooks - fairly sure it's converted from XL 97. I've read all the related posts which all say that the answer is to open the file in XL 97 and do the fix. All well and good but we no longer have XL 97 - is there any other way to fix the issue and open the file? Thanks. Hi FRM If you can't open the file in 2000-2003 then send me the file and i will change the codename for you. Send the file to me private -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "FMR" <fionaross99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c5c9f293.04080...

transporting repetitive data from another sheet
How do I transport data from another sheet in a repetitive order? For example: In Column A I would like to transport data from sheet 3, however the data in sheet 3 skips every 4th line (row 4, 8, 12, 16, etc.). I have the formula ='Sheet3'!$E4 The next row should have ='Sheet3'!$E8 etc. When I highlight a series of these cells (all typed correctly and skipping by 4's) and drag the fill tool down (cross hair at bottom right of cell) it does not fill properly. Try =INDIRECT("Sheet3!E"&ROW(A1)*4) Do not alter the A1 - this just gets serial numbers 1,2...

Converting a PDF of an Excel sheet back to Excel?
Hi Everyone, I have just been asked by my boss if it is possible to convert a PDF of an excel worksheet back into excel!I have no idea if it is possible, can anyone please help in this regard? Cheers Ash You should be able to copy and paste the values, but you definitely will lose the formulas. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:31:48 -0700, "Ashley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have just been asked by my boss if it is possible to >convert a PDF of an excel worksheet back into excel!I have >no idea if it is possible, can anyone pl...

Can I use the 'Back' & 'Forward' navigation buttons on my mouse?
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons ('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward. Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to overshoot... Thanks for any help, Andre Hi, Ye...

Keyboard shortcut for cursor
Hello, What keyboard shortcut can I use to put the cursor in a cell that is highlighted? I am tired of double clicking a cell to get the cursor to appear. Thanks! F2 "Baylis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1801b01c449df$9f4bdbe0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > What keyboard shortcut can I use to put the cursor in a > cell that is highlighted? > > I am tired of double clicking a cell to get the cursor to > appear. > > Thanks! > > Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >F2 > >"Baylis&quo...

Keyboard sticks when pressing down arrow.
When I press the down or up arrows on the keyboard, if I hold them down, the cursor doesn't move. I have to press the key repeatedly to make the cursor move down the page. It moves just one cell every time I press it. I'm sure I was able to move more freely in Windows 95 (I'm now using XP) Brian is that just in Excel or is it the same for everything. If it's everything, check the keyboard settings in Control Panel. Regards Trevor "Brian R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B992DBA-FE60-444C-92CC-6AD934E39ED0@microsoft.com... >...

Can extra keyboard layouts be deleted/uninstalled?
::Guess I am a minimalist at heart and see no need for 100 or more keyboard layouts. I am all in favor of being multilingual; but I am never going to have to type in more than a several languages/alphabets no matter how long I live. Is there a method for deleting the layouts for those languages in which I will never communicate? I have found them in the registry, but do not know what the next step would be. I do not see a Windows folder which contains them. Or is this something Microsoft won't allow me to do? More is always better! :: :::: :: ...

Contract salary sheets
Does anyone know of any websites where they might have a example copy o a contract salary sheet, where i may be able to get some ideas from, am completely lost! thank u -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

syntax for tab on a form
I constructed a search routine for a database. It is a form with a subform as a datasheet. The form has the search button and a reset button and various criteria boxes. Everything appears to work fine! The above was just a test or practice. I am very new to access. Now I would like to begin the finished product and the above routine would be on the first tab of a new form. The above search routine doesn't work and I can not find the proper syntax anywhere to move it to a form with a tab. Below are two lines from the search routine if that will help any Me.frmsubAllR...

Resizing problem: SDI with a CTabCtrl, Tabs disappear?
I have a complicated and weird problem. First, I am creating an SDI application (with a menu, max/min option, etc..) with a CTabCtrl. I used a class I found on Code project to be able to resize the application. The article and downloadable code is here: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/dynwindow.asp?df=100&forumid=363&exp=0&select=539230 After downloading the cdxDynamic files, I integrated them into my code, and it worked beautifully, except for this... I am also implementing List Controls inside of each tab, and the List Control box was resizing seperately from the SDI app. ...

Matching values in different sheets and rows
To fill in a value V, with the restriction that the stock number (10-40) should have the same value as in Sheets B, C, ..., I use in a cell right of the stock numbers in Sheet A the folllowing code: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C7,'SheetB'!A:A,0)),'SheetB'!C1,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH etc... But the values in sheets B, C etc are not filled in in the same order as Sheet A. How to transfer that the value V is from a certain row? Sheet A 10 V 20 V 30 V 40 V ... Sheet B 40 XX 30 ZZ ... V should be filled in with value where 10 sheet A = 10 sheet B etc. So: 30 ZZ 40 XX See also: http://...