How do I make the Excel progam alphabetize my client list?

How do I make the Excel program alphabetize my client list?
0
Rogue1965 (3)

Select your range of data then choose Sort from the Data menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rogue1965" <Rogue1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> How do I make the Excel program alphabetize my client list?

0
chip1 (1821)
1/13/2005 8:25:06 PM
Select all the columns you want to include in the sort operation.

Data>Sort

Choose the column to sort by ascending or descending.

If by "make" Excel alphabetize, you mean automatic, you would need some VBA
code and a trigger.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:21:03 -0800, Rogue1965
<Rogue1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I make the Excel program alphabetize my client list?

0
Gord

Ice melt model in Excel
Hi For a project I am doing university I need to produce a basic ice melt model. I have got hourly temperature data for a whole year from a certain location and area data from a glacier I am looking at, which has been broken down to several elevation bands each containing the area of ice present in that band. Basically I need the model first to calculate the sum of postive degrees for each day of the year (so this would add together all the temperature data above 0 for each day). This would leave me with 365 postive degree day factors (DDF). Each of these DDF's then need to be multiplied...

Need help to set-up a formula on Excel work sheet?
I need help on seting-up a formula on "Excel Work Sheet." Example: I need to subtract Cell A14 from Cell A13 and Mutiply the answer by "24" on Cell B14. Try this: =(A13-A14)*24 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "wiskeyjoexxx" <wiskeyjoexxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DB42179-1185-4D3B-BA6F-707D5D34F6BC@microsoft.com... I need help on seting-up a formula on "Excel Work Sheet." Examp...

Fax in Email Contact List
When I pull up my email contact list it shows the email but it also lists their fax # if it was put in their contact info. Example Bob Loblaw (E-mail) Bob Loblaw (Business Fax) How do I get rid of the fax listing without having to delete it from the contact profile? The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't re...

Can I change 'Filter On' field in Activity list view?
Does anyone know how to change the default filtered Activity records records from "Next 30 days" to one of the other options?.... "Next 7 days" for example? ...

Excel date field link to Word
I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word document justs posts numbers if I use a date format in excel. If I format excel as text it displays the date as entered MM/DD/YY. Is there a way to keep my excel date format and have word display date in text and numbers, like"July 13,2005" See "Date-Time Picture (\@) field switch" in Word Help). In article <841B0C47-552D-447C-B1E8-BDB7B646859D@microsoft.com>, "Earl" <Earl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word do...

Excel Shift Roster
Has anyone any idea where I can find a spreadsheet template for setting up a shift roster? Thanks - Dave Excel is not a particularly good tool for this unless you can get someone else to do the hard work. I might have a file with a programming solution at home, I will post back tonight if I still have it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dasco" <Cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:5oeqd7Fmh0o3U1@mid.individual.net... > Has anyone any idea where I can find a spreadsheet template for setting up > a shift roster? > > Thanks - Dave > "...

how can I make an open department like cash register
Im trying to install RMS for Supermarket So I need an open department like a cash register. When the barcode is not in the system they need to cahrge by pressing department. what I want is that pressing price and department button than It should be charged. I know that I can ring a item first than change price but they don't want that way. Thank you Two ways I can think of that aren't exactly what your looking for but that could work. 1- Make a non-inventory item for each department and under options select 'must enter price at POS' now make a custom button for eac...

When I open excel document it always ask if I want to open it in .
Everytime I open an excel document it states that the document should be opened as read only unless you need to save changes to it. Then it ask if I want to open as read only. I never want to open as read only. How can I get the document to just open. I have goon to properties and the read only box is not checked. I am using office 2003. Thank you. Open it (not as readonly). File|SaveAs (use the same name to overwrite the file) In xl2002, there's a Tools option on this File|SaveAs dialog Then General Options Uncheck "read only recommended" And continue with the save. (The...

Excel 2003
Dear Newsgroup, please note that I am a non-native speaker, and though I consider myself reasonably fluent in English, I feel a bit at a loss when it comes to technical terms and I pre-emptively apologize for any mistranslations or awkward descriptions. I am currently working with a rather large spreadsheet which is organized by a complex layer structure to show different standard reports on each layer. Until recently, the sheet has worked flawlessly, but since our office has been upgraded to Excel 2003, hiding any layer suddenly takes several hours (!) at full processor capacity. Showin...

Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 won't open Microsoft Excel Worksheet
Today a company e-mailed me a quotation with the extension: xls I don't have Excel and eventually found Excel Viewer 2003. This took 45 mins to download, and then didn't work. The Excel File Graphic had appeared atop the quotation file - but when clicked on Excel Viewer 2003 opened and just said: cannot open this file type. Any ideas? Would appreciate solution. Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250.. Thanks Maybe the sender could forward you a .pdf version of the file. Or you could specify the type of file you can read (MSWord (.doc), .txt). Then the sender could convert the fi...

How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text } I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course this was rejected. I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg") but this had the same effect. I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened up the binary in a separate Excel window...

Excel Files Gone
Hi All, I am having a very strange problem with Excel. I have a bunch of files stored on a floppy disk that are titled by date. I opened up the A: menu yesterday and all files dated 2004 (from January to now) have vanished. Is anyone else having the same problem? I did not erase any files; the disk (or program) just erased itself. Seems like the program (Excel) itself is a virus. Is there a way to retrieve the files? C.W. if the files are gone, you may have a corrupt boot sector or folder, try scandisk first to see what is up, you could also have a boot sector virus= (nyb, etc). If t...

Need help writing basic macros in EXCEL..
I am having problems writing macros in EXCEL. I guess I need some specific examples. For instance, in A1, I want to put in the date, in B1 I want to put in the day of the week, in C1 I want to put in the gallons of gasoline I buy, in D1 I want to put in the cost per gallon, in E1 I want to put in the total. Then I wan to be able to go to make another entry, and have the macro drop down to the row below A1. I am having problems, very bad problems. Maybe because I am too old [75] and cannot understand the complicated directions. Bob Gilmore rgil@earthcafe.com Write the item names ...

how do i work across workbooks in excel 2002?
I am trying to develop an application that requires me to sum values across workbooks. Is this possible to do in Excel 2002 and how is it performed? Open up the workbooks in question, type =SUM( click window in the menu and select the first workbook and the cell(s), type in a comma and repeat and select the next workbook Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lesgold80" wrote: > I am trying to develop an application that requires me to sum values across > workbooks. Is this possible to do in Excel 2002 and how is it performed? ...

Default Row Height in Excel 2003
This may have been covered before - and apologies if so - but I can't change the default row height from 12.75 to 15.00 each time I open excel 2003. I have tried saving as book1.xlt , book.xlt and even renaming the original book1.xlt to bookold.xlt but still when I open up excel the default row height remains 12.75 Would really appreciate if someone could either let me know how to do this or if version 2003 won't let you! I know I did it in version 97 derek Where are you saving BOOK.XLT? It must be saved into your XLSTART folder, usually at C:\Documents and Settings\username...

excel formula 04-05-10
I need to know how to put in a formula that will let me calculate something like this. 0 to 5 miles $0 next 25 miles is $2.15 each next 30 miles is 2.25 each next 40 miles is 2.10 each for a total of 100 miles so if i entered 100 miles it would calculate the first 5 at 0$ then the next 25 at $2.15 then the next 30 at $2.25 then the next 40 at $2.10. for a total of 100 miles and display the correct dollar amount. but if i entered 65 miles it would calculate the first 5 at 0$ then the next 25 at 2.15 then the next 30 at 2.25 then the next 5 at 2.10 for a total of 65 miles and g...

Lotus v9.5 has .123 extension
We have an Excel file that has been linked for years to pick up numbers from a Lotus file. Now that one person who uses Lotus updated to version 9, I'm told, and Excel doesn't even recognize, nor can it open filename.123. How can we handle this? Thanks! You must convert the file to a file format that Excel can read, either using 1-2-3 or a converter program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com -- Jim "ss123" <ss123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32DFC804-CD69-40F8-8C29-798E44219495@microsoft.com... | We have an Excel file that has been li...

Requerying List Box on a Dialog form
A form that opens another form as a dialog form (DoCmd.OpenForm "MyForm",,,,,acDialog) has its status changed to "not visible" to transfer control to the main form after some selections are made. The dialog form status is changed to visible later and I want to update a query for a list box on it - but cannot seem to find a way to re-query the list box "JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:4651c601$0$3209$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >A form that opens another form as a dialog form (DoCmd.OpenForm >"MyForm",,,,,acDi...

rounding to the nearsest 500 in excel
I am working with numbers in the 10,000's. Is there any way to get excel to round to the nearest 500? ...

How do I make the smallest number in a column red ( No VBA Please )
for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest number I enter in each of those cells to be red. If 3 cells are "0" all 3 should be red if one cell is "2" and all other cells are more than 2 I want that "2" cell to show up as red font. To sum it up in cells E10 to E30 I want the lowest numbers to be red if there are more than one of the lowest all should be red Thanks Ron On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:47:01 -0800 (PST), e_a_g_l_e_p_i <eaglepi@hotmail.com> wrote: >for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest >number I...

scroll control of an Excel spreadsheet
how do i reset the scroll length to match the actual size of an Excel spreadsheet? Hi Hephets, See Debra Dalgleish's notes on resetting the used range at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused --- Regards, Norman "Nephets" <Nephets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE081BF2-AF1A-4E6D-B9CF-2DBBDD4967E7@microsoft.com... > how do i reset the scroll length to match the actual size of an Excel > spreadsheet? Nephets First hit CTRL + End to see where Excel thinks is the end of used range. If far below and right of what you know...

excel charts "grey" out
Hello All: When I insert a chart in to a spreadsheet, graphics show up as long as the chart/object is selected. (i.e. clicking outside the object ...de-selecting it ...causes loss of all graphics) Any suggestions ? Cheers -Anand As answered yesterday in microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions -- '================================== Choose Tools>Options, and on the View tab, under Objects, select 'Show All' '================================== If you have trouble finding responses to a question that you posted, you can search in Google: http://groups.goog...

How to make it default to only showing my working hours?
I'm using Outlook 2007 on WinXP. When I do "New Appointment", it almost always shows all 24 hours, instead of just my working hours. I have my "Calendar work week" settings, showing my day goes from 8-5 M-F. Each time I create an appointment, I set the "Show Only My Working Hours" in the Options menu. I have to do this every single time I create an appointment. It never stays. I've searched for this symptom on the internet, and I've found several other people who've reported the same problem. None of them appear to have ever go...

How do I change the size of the blocks in the legend of an Excel .
I am trying to ajust the size of the blocks in the legend that correspond to my chart data. They are very small blocks and I would like to stretch them out. Hi, You can not size the legend entry markers. Their size is related to the font size of the legend entry text. Cheers Andy NJB1980 wrote: > I am trying to ajust the size of the blocks in the legend that correspond to > my chart data. They are very small blocks and I would like to stretch them > out. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How do I do automatic backups in excel xp?
I need to stop a user from losing data/worksheets! File>save as>tools>general options and check always create backup Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lettbalt" wrote: > I need to stop a user from losing data/worksheets! ...