How do I make numbers become text?

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location
become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please
help, and thank you.
0
Crisis (1)

From earlier postings:
How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;140704&

and:

(courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post):

If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function
that does
this,
download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found
here:

http://longre.free.fr/english/

It is downloaded in a zip file which also contains an
informative file
in
'hlp' format that describes the 33 or so very useful
functions
included, one
of which does the number to words conversion you describe
(supports
various
languages and currencies).

See also Laurent's latest version that is multi-lingual.

http://longre.free.fr/tradnombre/NbText.zip

and:
(Courtesy of Andy Wiggins FCCA) of www.BygSoftware.com

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and
two check
writing
routines.

The code is open and commented.

And:

http://groups.google.com/groups?
as_umsgid=3B682245.F7B58BAF@consumer.org
A post containing a UDF by Bernie Deitrick that will take
you into US
budget
territory by covering amounts into trillions.

And:
Orlando Magalhaes Filho (MVP)
http://cpap.com.br/orlando/#SpellNumber

A very flexible spell number function that allows,
ordinary,
percentage and currency options.

0
mmzehr (177)
10/5/2004 11:50:05 AM
See

HTH

RP

"Number to Text Crisis" <Number to Text Crisis@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:E9DDB330-9DBC-44D3-9283-EBAF5BADE0B9@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location
> become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost.
Please
> help, and thank you.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Video Card Performance Characteristics Effecting Text Glyph Rendering?
I want to understand the specification details of video cards so that I can choose one that provides the fastest glyph rendering. My current guess is that memory throughput (bandwidth) is one of the most important aspects of video card performance. What am I missing? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:VfWdnRcxkaEBwMnWnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@giganews.com... >I want to understand the specification details of video >cards so that I can choose one that provides the fastest >glyph rendering. > My current guess is that memory th...

finding contrls text given dialog id and control id
Hi I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. Is there any way ? thanks & regards ~ Rudresh "Rudresh" <Rudresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81B7D0F-3DAC-4E51-8039-038E45589672@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want to find a control's text without creating the dialog. > Is there any way ? The only way that springs to mind is to LoadResource the DLGTEMPLATE[EX], parse it and walk the subsequent DLGITEMTEMPLAT[EX] elements looking for an id match and then parse through it to find the title text if present. -- Jeff Partch [...

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

Outlook 2007
Hi, Whenever I forward an email from my Outlook 2007, and it is received on another machine (in this case Outlook 2003) the body text is missing. The body text is there when sending the forwarded email, but it is missing when recevied. Attachments are still there. Sending machine has Vista with no anti-virus. Receiving machine is XP with Symantec AV. What can I do? Many thanks, Dan If you right click on a message and view source, do you see anything then? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "TransActio...

Formatting cell for phone numbers
I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that it will look like the following: (937) 123-3456 (937) 129-9876 fax or (937) 123-3456 The word 'fax' is more specifically a label, not necessarily that word. I would like to have carriage returns between the numbers with the possibility of several numbers. This may be confusing and/or too complicated, but I'd like to give it a try. If anyone as suggestions or possible solutions, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks, Craig >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that ...

Optimizer choice doesn't make sense, goes from index seek to table scan when adding a SARG
Running on SQL Server 2008 SP1. The following select (correctly) uses a non-clustered index on ACCT_TYP_CD returning just over 15000 rows in 41ms. It does a single scan and needs 37 logical reads to complete the query. select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G'; Change the query to be this: select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G' and GRP_TYPE_CD = 'BKR_RULES'; and the optimizer now chooses to do a clustered index scan, taking significantly longer, 971 ms, 8 scans and over 59,000 logical reads. It returns no rows. T...

numbering #2
Is it possible to apply numbering (invoice or booking numbers) to sheets inside of a book. Four people using the same books and we want to put number on the sheets without becoming a number management nightmare Like adding a series of numbers like invoice number Each sheet having it's own number in the series but not repeting on different sheets. Basically generate an invoice number on the sheet when copied from a templete or at print time ...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

Adding up numbers from columns.
How can I sum up multiple columns while not letting each cell "associated values" sum to a number greater than one specified. For example, if I have sets of colums: 14 3 12 2 11 2 11 1 10 1 and 20 5 19 4 18 3 17 2 and 25 6 22 4 20 3 18 2 I want to know what 3 combination of numbers in the left 3 colums giv me the highest value...WITHOUT letting the correspoding numbers in th right hand column be greater than, say 10. Thanks, Larr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Page numbering worksheets
Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have multiple worksheets? I would like to number each worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to flow on from the previous sheets so l don't have to manually change the number on each worksheet. thankyou "H" <Hayley.Slater@emap.com> wrote in message news:06f501c3505e$df329d50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have > multiple worksheets? I would like to number each > worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to > flow on from the previous...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

0 number
Hi, social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type 0454636, 0 will be gone. Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. Please show me how to fix the problem. Thank you Loi Try format cells -- custom and type 0000000 in the box. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type >0454636, 0 will be gone. > >Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. > > >I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. >Please show me how to fix the prob...

Making Exchange 2003 server a DC/GC server?
Is it now a recommended practice to make a primary corporate Exchange 2003 server an AD domain controller/GC server, so that the Exchange server can do local GC lookups faster (as long as the server has the RAM and horsepower)? Robert: I have never seen a recommendation that this is a good practice. While "best practices" for some things change over time, I think this is still a bad idea (IMHO). In an environment with more than a few hundred users, it is just a bad design. Small organizations can't afford this, of course, but larger ones can and should put their D...

input text at front of field that contains data
Hi there, I have imported data into excel and I wish to input text ZZ in front of the orginal data...for example her is how the data looks like(to the left). Column A (how do I put a ZZ in front of the text without going through it one by one ________ so in a matter of seconds it should look like this(the column to the right) ABADES ZZABADES ABADEF ZZABADEF ABADET ZZABADET ABADER ZZABADER ABADEW ....and so on ....and so on I have 62...

The number zero
I have part numbers that begin with zero. How do I keep the zero present in the cell? Judy, Start your entry with a single quote mark, or format the cell for Text prior to entering your data. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Judy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44B9D6D2-B169-4ABE-BBFF-2C615585DB1A@microsoft.com... > I have part numbers that begin with zero. How do I keep the zero present in the cell? ...

Relative path for "import text file"?
I use the import text file wizard to bring results created by my statistical package in .txt files into Excel for formatting and printing. I would like to make the path to the input .txt file "relative" to the Excel file, but I do not see how to do this in the wizard. The problem is the following: suppose I am collaborating with someone and send him the .xls file and the .txt file imported. If his directory structure is not exactly the same as mine, Excel cannot find the .txt file when he wants to refresh, even though the two files are in the same directory. For example, suppose I ...

import- number- sort?

Random Numbers Generation
How can I get random generation of numbers between 1-52 to allocate into 4 groups of 13, without any duplication of any number?? Can this be achieved by a formula?? Thanks, Bob. ...

High number of page faults per second, but has enough memory?
Hi, I'm having a problem with an application, it easily has enough physical RAM but it's generating a very large number of page faults (2000 per second). Does anyone know why this might be? ...

numbers formating problem
I type 10 I got 1 I type 11 I got 1.1 Where from this problem cames? This is not a formatting problem, the value is what you see; 1, not 10. Tools > Options menu, "fixed decimal" is selected. HTH. Best wishes Harald "barsha" <barsha@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A62D8395-FD84-40F3-A867-B391D5956A57@microsoft.com... > I type 10 > I got 1 > I type 11 > I got 1.1 > Where from this problem cames? > Hi Barsha, Try: Tools | Options | Edit and uncheck the fixed decimal option. --- Regards, Norman "barsha" <...

CRM 3.0
I would like to move the ordernumber middle part to a larger number to match the next available number in the existing paper order system. Where do I find the row/column in the database to change the seed or next available number? ...

Returns Mgmt Do Not Require Invoice Item Number for RMA Types.
Do not require invoice item number (or at least make it clear it is required on the screen). We want to enable zero dollar invoices for even exchanges, but don't want to create a bunch of zero dollar invoices for nothing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

(v)lookup part of text in cell
Hi. Can anybody solve this problem in excel? I want to lookup a part of a word in cells fa searching for john and get a "responce" like this: Johndoe | yes john,doe | yes doejoHn | yes samual | Johnace | yes pete | I was thinking it could be possible with using wildcards in the vlookup function, but I don' t know how. It would be nice if capitals are ignored. Tia Ted Hi, yes, you can use wildcards with vlookup: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP("*john*",A1,1,0),"","yes") or you can do this: =CHOOSE(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("john",A1...

Entering serial number on a return
When attempting to enter a particular serial number on a return we're getting a message that "the serial number has already been entered for the selected item". Per the KB articles on this message I've checked serial lot trace to confirm that the serial number is not included on any un-posted transaction. I've also confirmed in SOP10201 that it only appears once on an invoice that has been posted, and that it is not in IV00200 at all. Any ideas on what else could trigger this message? -- Jim@TurboChef If I read this right you said it appeared in the SOP10201 t...