How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe

I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my
hyperlinked cell to the top-left.  For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1
and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1
the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet.

It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I
can't find it.
I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information.

Hi Lori

Tools>Options

On the Transition tab
Transition  navigations keys

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lori W." <Lori W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0D921E9-C04C-4691-91DE-CCE3A667170D@microsoft.com...
>I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my
> hyperlinked cell to the top-left.  For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1
> and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1
> the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet.
>
> It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I
> can't find it.
> I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information.

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/27/2005 7:05:48 PM
That was it!  :-)

Thank you.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Lori
>
> Tools>Options
>
> On the Transition tab
> Transition  navigations keys
>

> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Lori W." <Lori W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0D921E9-C04C-4691-91DE-CCE3A667170D@microsoft.com...
> >I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my
> > hyperlinked cell to the top-left.  For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1
> > and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1
> > the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet.
> >
> > It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I
> > can't find it.
> > I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information.

0
LoriW (1)

How do I make the autmatic superscripting work for letters e.g ith
Hi, I am working on research paper (using Word 2007). I need to write ith and jth over and over. It would be nice to have the auto formraise the "th" to a superscript, just like it would if I typed 4th. I tried to add a replacement rule using the format options, unfortunately, none of them allows the replacement text to have super/sub scripts. Thanks Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: "Ordinals (1st) with superscript." This should be checked by default--not sure why it isn't in your copy. -- ...

Hyperlink to file
I need to create a hyperlink in Outlook to run a program with a command line argument. x:\data\test.exe 29 I tried <file://x:\data\test.exe>. This worked. But <file://x:\data\test.exe 29> did not work, the error is file not found. Is there any way to solve this ? tamarindm@yahoo.com.sg <tamarindm@yahoo.com.sg> wrote: > I need to create a hyperlink in Outlook to run a program with a > command line argument. > > x:\data\test.exe 29 There's no way to pass an argument to an executable using a URL. -- Brian Tillman ...

getting the path out of a hyperlink
I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how to do this? Hi see the following site for some code: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm (in the middle of this page) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany James wrote: > I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how > to do this? ...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

Outl 2002 hyperlinks
Have a new installation of Outlook 2000 in Windows XP. Whenever we read mail in Outlook and try to execute/launch an imbeded hyperlink (light purple hotlink), a BLANK IE instance shows with nothing in it; in other words, we cannot execute to view ANY hyperlinks from Outlook messages. Everything else appears to work. We don't know where to start in this problem, suspect it's something in the configuration, but we're stumped as to what to try. Thanks! --Richard ...

Hyperlinking to Many Pictures
Hello. I am using Microsoft Office 2000 I have a workbook that contains approximately 10 columns, 240 rows of information. Each row has to reference an external file, which will be a hyperlink to an external picture. I know how to manually create the hyperlinks, but I was only wondering if there was possibly an easier way? I was envisioning the possibility of dragging and dropping to create the hyperlinks, or something easy like that. Could anyone provide assistance? No matter how complex, I'll attempt it, and no matter how simple, I will not be ashamed to hear it. Thank you. ---...

How do I make my tool bar icons larger?
I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. Maybe there are some Accessibility options that can help (look in Control Panel)? If not, reducing the screen resolution is the only way. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-A08B-CA4D3E1BB293@microsoft.com... >I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. > > "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-...

In Excel 2000, how do I add a vertical scroll bar to a split scre.
When I split my worksheet screen, I get an additional horizontal scroll bar but not a vertical. How do I rectify this? If it helps, what I am trying to do is lock two colums so that they don't scroll when other columns do, so that they always remain visible. Lisa Split won't allow that. Take the Split off and then Window>New Window to get two windows. Now Window>Arrange>Vertical to get them side by side. Resize the two column window. If you tire of this configuation, close one of the windows then save. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:37:03 -0800, &qu...

Is there a way to make a staircase text effect?
Is there a way to create a string of letters that will remain erect when the object they are part of is rotated? I want to create a staircase effect where the letters look like they are sitting on the steps of a staircase and be able to alter how steep the staircase is and have the letters remain vertical. Thanks -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) Nothing built-in per se. You'd have to create separate shapes that belong to a group, and do some ShapeSheet programming. The shape's could then "anti-rotate" relative to the group (Angle = - GroupSheet!Angle...

Make Userform Caption equal textbox contents
How does one make a Userform title bar caption Equal the contents of Textbox1? Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger You can try Private Sub TextBox1_Change() UserForm1.Caption = TextBox1.Text End Sub or you can use Textbox1_Exit event... -- Jacob "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How does one make a Userform title bar caption Equal the contents of Textbox1? > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks, > > Roger Thanks Jacob - works nicely Roger "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > You can try > > Private Sub TextBox1_Change() ...

Make Day CAPS In Custom Date Format
I've got a cell formatted thus: hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy which returns 19:20 Thu 25.02.10. I want 19:20 THU 25.02.10, ie the day in caps. You need to use the Upper function, as in: =UPPER(TEXT(A1,"hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy")) Regards, Fred "robzrob" <robzrob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:15c33695-2b53-4d8f-8173-1aa6f178b739@g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > I've got a cell formatted thus: hh:mm ddd dd.mm.yy which returns 19:20 > Thu 25.02.10. I want 19:20 THU 25.02.10, ie the day in caps. I don't think you'll be able to do it in for...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Is it possible to make a box and whisker plot (box plot) in Excel.
I can't figure out a way to do it using just the Chart Wizard. Hi, Maybe Jon's page(s) on the subject may help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "rfsp" <rfsp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49729C95-E66F-4FE4-96AD-B64B88ECD6B9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out a way to do it using just the Chart Wizard. Now that I've joined, I see this was just answered a couple of days ago. Sorry for the repeat question. Please ignore. "rfsp"...

Scroll Bar's bubble identifier
In Excel 2000, when u have a huge worksheet and u drag the scroll bar to jump into a specific row/column, it will show you an identifier in which row/column u have scrolled in to. But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Is there a way to enable it back or was it really taken out permanently? regards, Obrien >>But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Actually it disappeared in Excel 2002. The reason it was removed is that in Excel 2002+ the worksheet actually scrolls real-time as you drag the scroll bars. So it's not needed as you can see where...

visio hyperlink to excel row
I have a drawing of a Dell rack with individual Dell server box pics in it. I figured out how to link one server's picture (using insert hyperlink) to open a spreadsheet containing server stats. What my boss wants is for each individual server's picture, when clicked, to open to its row of data in said excel file. Does anyone have a clue as to how this is done, either thru hyperlink, macro, vba, vbs, or sql script for each server? It would be helpful if the solution could find the server name in the spreadsheet then go right to that row. Thanks very much from a 1st time vis...

How do I make a photo collage in Publisher 2003?
I have Publisher 2003 and I want to make a photo collage. Tabitha wrote: > I have Publisher 2003 and I want to make a photo collage. ================================================ Just import your photos by going to...Insert / Picture / From File. Resize the photos by dragging the corner handles. Reposition the photos by dragging with the 4 way arrow or nudging with the arrow keys. Rotate partially (for effect) by dragging the Rotate (green ball) handle. Also you might consider downloading and instralling the freeware Picasa 3...it has several options for creating collages. Just sele...

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Find the top value in a list
I have a worksheet created in EXCEL 2003 which i use to record swimmers times in several lists. One examlpe is in cells D109 to 113. In cells D111 to 113 are recent times and D109 to 110 are empty. As I add current times to the top of the list. I want to be able to retrive the current value at the top of the list and show it in D106. D107 & 108 are used for other values. At present I have the following formula in cell D106 =OFFSET(D108,COUNTBLANK(D109:D113)+COUNTA(D109,D113),0). This works well but makes updating the list difficult. Is there a simpler way to achive the same...

How to make 1 change to many contacts?
I was making a "common change" to multiple contacts using the directions provided by Microsoft's site. I sorted the contacts by category, selected the grouping bar for the category I wanted to change, and dragged the contacts to the category I wanted it to become. Outlook is supposed to automatically apply the change to all of the items in the old category. It gave the contacts 2 categories. I will still have to open 300 contacts individually to get rid of the old category. Is there another way to make a the same change to multiple contacts? Veronica wrote: > I wa...

URL/Hyperlink not working for recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP in a Windows 2003 Server environment. I administer an application that requires the user to install the program from a .bat file. I send our users an e-mail with a URL to the bat file (e.g. \\server123 \Application\install.bat). The URL cannot launch the bat file and search Locate Link Browser dialog opens instead. The work around is to cut and paste the URL into the Start\Run dialog where it works fine. (I think this implies that the UNC is defined properly.) Also, the hand icon displays properly when the user rolls the mouse over t...

Hyperlink to open .dot with a macro
I have a word .dot that has a simple macro when opened, but when I try to open the .dot from a hyperlink the macro doesn't autostart. Any ideas? I opened word and created a new test2.dot template file. I put this code under the ThisDocument module: Option Explicit Private Sub Document_New() MsgBox "hi from new" End Sub Private Sub Document_Open() MsgBox "hi from open" End Sub I put a hyperlink in a cell in an excel worksheet that pointed to that test2.dot file. The Document_Open() event fired--but the actual template (test2.dot) opened--a new document bas...

Excel 2007 hyperlinks open with wrong program
I use Excel 2007 and have item numbers hyperlinked to product photos (.jpg's are located in My Documents). For years I have had them open with Vueprint and now all of a sudden they are opening with Internet Explorer. The file association is still Vueprint. How can I change this so they open with Vueprint again? Thanks, Russ ...

Function to find hyperlink URL
Hi, Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? I don't want to use macros. I'm using Excel 2000 Thanks in advance Nikola Milic >>Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? A worksheet function? Afraid not. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP But you could write your own (a userdefined function). I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address ...

how to make subsite to offline or to maintanance?
I have sitecollection where I should make subsite is for maintanance. It means when other than Administrator click on Subsite or browse with subsite url it should display message , THIS SITE FOR MAINTANANCE. And it should maintan from administration I don't believe this can be an issue in Windows XP. Perhaps you will ask your web host for assistance. Janardhan Ch wrote: > I have sitecollection where I should make subsite is for maintanance. It > means when other than Administrator click on Subsite or browse with subsite > url it should display message , THIS SIT...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...