How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?

I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column.
 I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then
forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages.  Is there an easier way?
Thanks.

You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print
Selection, rather than simply Print.

You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up.

"Davbwalker" wrote:

> I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column.
>  I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then
> forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages.  Is there an easier way?
> Thanks.
0
DukeCarey (494)

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

Problems calculating a converted html table to Excel XP (2002)
I have a generated report off the web that must be converted into Excel. When the report comes up initially it is in a .asp format. I save the report off the web in HTML format. Then open excel, then go to file -> open and browse for the file that I just saved. The report opens fine with all data showing up as is. However when I try to go and calculate a column of numbers, the answer that I get is 0. So if I go and add up say this list of numbers which is : 5, 7, and 8. The sum should be 20. Instead I get 0 everytime. I have tried to format the cells to be numbers instead of gen...

Excel #122
How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 With the cell selected, press Ctrl-1 or choose Format | Cells from the menu In the left panel of the 'Number" tab on the dialog box that's presented, choose 'Number' and then, in the rihgt panel, select the # of decimals you want displayed. "stickybun" wrote: > How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 ...

Excel in multiple sessions
A collegue is attempting to access data using vlookup in a spreadsheet from a second spreadsheet which is opened in a separate session on his workstation. It appears that multiple sessions of excel can't 'see' each other. Collegue needs to have multiple sessions as he uses lots of spreadsheets with LOTS of formulas. Attempting to open these sheets in single session usually results in crashes and lost work. Does anyone out there know anything about this? Using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional sp4. Thanks =vlookup() worked ok for me--but by having the workbooks in separ...

Calendar Printing Assistant
I am currently using Calendar Printing Assistant with Outlook 2007. I cannot seem to be able to "mask" my private appointments when I print a calendar using CPA. Does anyone have a suggestion? ...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

Vista keeps chainging my folder view
I go into a folder and get the following colums Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date Modified is gone WHY WHY WHY. Desmond. Des wrote: > I go into a folder and get the following colums > Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I > only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in > Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date > M...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

REPORTS.DIC fine now, but Cheque Printing is out of whack
From Customer: I just printed 16 cheques, one at a time, because the spacing has been screwed up. Payables Clerk printed a cheque before I arrived, and the lines wrapped around on her and ruined 2 cheques. So I went in and adjusted the cheque format. I printed one cheque and the cheque date and cheque amount went over the pre-printed format. It also went halfway into the next cheque. So I had to handwrite the amount and date so it would be legible, and I went into the report writer and I adjusted that spacing. I printed another cheque with the same results. Then I physically adjusted the ...

Printing Contacts
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 with Exchange. When I try to print a list of contacts from the public folder, I can see the field "File as" in my list, but it wont print. Do you have an idea of the source of this problem. Thank you in advance for your precious help. -- Sallie What view is applied to the folder? What exactly do you mean by "wont print"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Sallie" ...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

Full Page Backgrounds
I am trying to create a 2006 calendar and I would like the background to go from corner to corner of the page (no white around the edges). How do I make the background full page? Thank you, Jana Jana wrote: > I am trying to create a 2006 calendar and I would like the background > to go from corner to corner of the page (no white around the edges). > How do I make the background full page? > > Thank you, Jana *SIGH* doesn't anyone STFW anymore?! This has NOTHING to do with Publisher and EVERYTHING to do with your printer. If your printer can't handle full bleed th...

Printable Page
Can someone tell me how to set up the following page to be able fill the entire page so that the table that houses all the content is full page rather than part of the page. the page is: http://shirleysrecipes.awardspace.biz/printlemonpoundcake.htm Thank you, Change <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" height="1469" bordercolorlight="#000080" bordercolordark="#000080"> to <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"...

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

How to "harvest" the contents of a hidden or "about blank" webpage
I sometimes use the Sub (shown below) named: "subShowInHtmlWindow(strTexte)" to report the output from a script to an html window. I'd love to send an argument from script A to script B, and have Sript A harvest the output from Script B, and assign the output to a variable, for further computation. I came across the Sub (shown below) named: "subListTheContentsOfaWebPage", which would serve as a way to harvest Script B's output, if I could make Script B work properly where the Window has a "phony" url, i.e., "ab...

How to get the Mainwindow of Excel via COM ?
Hello there, I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow of Excel. Now Im using CWnd::FindWindow("XLMAIN",NILL). But is not there a COM-Function ? Thanks Mark I dont know if there is a function but that will be available thru the Object Model of Excel if its exposed by it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mark Henning" <mhenning@gmx.net> wrote in message news:unG$y6NNEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello there, > > I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow > of E...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002?
How do I set Read-Only Recommended as default to save files in Excel 2002? Thanks. This is not a global option. Must be done on each workbook. One way around this is to open a new workbook then save as a Template with the options you want. Name the workbook BOOK and save as MS Excel Template(*.xlt) Do not enter the extension, Excel will do that for you. Store in your XLSTART folder and it will become the template for all workbooks when opened via File>New Note: this will not affect previously saved workbooks. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:01 -0700, "flyaj&q...