How do I insert an Excel file into a PowerPoint Presentation slid.

EMERGENCY!!! I'm working on a PowerPoint presentation and I need to insert an
Excel spreadsheet with five pages into a slide. I have linked to documents in
the past but cannot get this to work. Also, I'd like to have the excel file
in the slide updated when the Excel file is updated. Please help! Thanks!
Barb (39)

Hi Barb

See Jon's site
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#rangeppt
or
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#rangeppt2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Barb" <Barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C31A618-6595-401C-9348-5FA7E0686F93@microsoft.com...
> EMERGENCY!!! I'm working on a PowerPoint presentation and I need to insert an
> Excel spreadsheet with five pages into a slide. I have linked to documents in
> the past but cannot get this to work. Also, I'd like to have the excel file
> in the slide updated when the Excel file is updated. Please help! Thanks!

rondebruin (3790)

EXCEL LOCKUP
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when ...

# DIV/0! error in Excel
I have a function that divides two numbers, sometimes those numbers are 0 so the result is # DIV/0!. My second function is based on the result of the first function. Since there isnt always data available for the first function I get the # DIV/0! error and my final calculation wont calculate. I need the final calculation to disregard any 0 cells or # DIV/0! errors and still calculate the data that is available. Hi You need to wrap your division with an IF() so it will evalluate the result before it puts anything in the cell. Try something like: =IF(A2>0,A3/A2,0) -- Andy. "He...

Problem creating formulas when exporting QuickBooks files to Excel
I am having a problem creating formulas in Excel files exportd from QuickBooks. When I copy a formula and paste to different cells, the resulting cells show the same value as the cell where the original formula was created. It is like I am using absolute cell references, but there are no $ signs in the formula. I can change the value in the copied cells to the correct the value by pressing F2 (Edit) key, buit was hoping on finding a better way to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? edpoz wrote: > I am having a problem creating formulas in Excel f...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

PDF file in Access Runtime 2007
I am trying to save a report as a pdf file in Access 2007. I have previewed the report and clicked pdf or xps. When using the full version of Access it works fine. But when I am running this in a runtime version I get the error "can't save the output data to the file you've selected" The file is not open, I am not using a templete, I have enough free space and I have permisions to write to the folder it is saving. This also happens if I try to email the report. Any Idea? Take a look at this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051889881033.aspx -- ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

if a2 = b2 then insert d2 in e2
Hi, I am trying to combine information in 2 different sheets. Sheet one has a column with numbers and a column with titles. Sheet two has a column with the same numbers and other information I would like to use. What I would like to do is pull the title information from sheet 1 into sheet 2 based on the unique numbers. Below the title to 3263 is superdog and I want to insert superdog in the column next to 3263 on sheet 2. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 A B A 1254 book 3263 3263 superdog ...

How do you install the Integration Assistant for Excel
I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the Integration Assistant for Excel. The Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature of the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install for additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to run setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup. When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for "Additional Applications" and "Integration Assistant for Excel" "Robert Korzuch" ...

Reading a hyperlink from a table and inserting it into the hyperlink property...
I would like to know how to read a hyperlink from a table and then in turn insert that hyperlink into the hyperlink property of a command button to execute it. My database has serveral hyperlinks stored in the fields of a table. Thank you in advance Max strHyperlink = HyperlinkPart(Trim(Nz(Me!lnkDescription.Value, "")), acAddress) strLinkName = HyperlinkPart(Trim(Nz(Me!lnkDescription.Value, "")), acDisplayText) int_PPT_Pg_Nbr = HyperlinkPart(Trim(Nz(Me!lnkDescription.Value, "")), acSubAddress) str_ToolTip_PPT = HyperlinkPart(Trim(Nz(Me!l...

Insert fields dynamically into database from a staging table
Hi all, In our lab when ever a test is performed results are stored in test_results table ( 10 records at maximum) and with click of a button these results should be loaded to database, but I have any issue here, each time the test_result table will have different field names ( one time it will have test1 , test2 , test3 with labid, next time it might have test1, test4, test5 and labid) so how can I load these fields from test_results table into database auomatically. Datebase has all these fields so how can I map the test_results tables fields to database fields to run my dynamic inse...

need form template for excel
For the purchase and sale of real estate there is a standard "Settlement Statement" following the guidelines established by the U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development. This is a standard form with proratation and allocations. Perfect for and Excel worksheet. I don't see it on your site and wonder where I might get one. Last year I custom designed a complete set of closing forms for a client using only excel where all variables were entered on one sheet and automatically transferred to about 15 forms with ONE mouse click. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&...

PowerPoint 2007 / 2003 "Compare & Merge" crosswalk?
I cannot find the "Compare and Merge Presentations" function on 2007. The tutorial says some of 2003 functions were lost, and you should check with online help. Have not been able to locate anything equivalent or close in 2007. That feature was removed from PPT 2007. It's back (and better) in PPT 2010, though. PPT 2010 is in beta right now. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com "Confused Presentor" <Confused Presentor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0436F244-FE21-449D-9F85-F02788E0BFE0@microsoft.com... > I canno...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

Excel, Quicken and MS Money
My online banking service allows me to download my account data as QIF, Quicken or MS Money format. Unfortunately I don't use any o those. Does anyone here know of a way to get data from any of those formats into Excel? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "djlong3000 >" <<djlong3000.zzc6b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:djlong3000.zzc6b@excelforum-nospam.com... > My online banking service allows me to download my account data as > QIF, Quicken or ...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

How do I retrieve changes to an unsaved excel document
I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to retrieve my old worksheet which would have the changes I made. I'm using excel 2000 which is part of my Microsoft Office 2000 program. No it's not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FABAC1F-A402-4C87-BCDA-1124E072D9D3@microsoft.com... >I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to >retrieve > my ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Excel 2000 Shared Workbook Missing Worksheets
I am experiencing a problem in an Excel 2000 shared workbook. Worksheets are continously missing from the shared workbook. Users are connecting to the shared workbook using a Citrix connection. They enter their data into the worksheet and then save the workbook. The shared workbook is password protected so that users can not get exclusive rights and delete or move sheets. I've also tried tracing the changes and looking at the history to find the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200
When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length. Is there anyway to retain the shape's original size when pasting into Word? It doesn't happen here. Send me your PowerPoint file at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted ...

Excel Financial Statements Copied into Word
I insert Excel Worksheets into Word. Some of the underlines and bouble underlines show on the screen but do not print. -- MAB Rather than inserting the Excel worksheets into your Word document, I would suggest copying the data that you need from the worksheet as a picture and then pasting that picture into the Word document. To do so, highlight the data in the spreadsheet that you want to place into the Word Document. Hold down the "shift" key and then go to Edit -> Copy Picture -> As Shown When Printed. Then go into your Word document and Edit -> Paste. -- ...