How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box?

How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box?
0
White (24)

There are instructions here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Text boxes
I have code that creates a graphic and text boxes automatically. But when I try add drag the text box over the graphic its is masked by the graph and does not go "on top of it". I don't understand why because when I manually draw a text box and drag it over the graph it shows? I checked the properties and they are the same. WHat could be worng? Thanks B. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Checked the z-order of the respective objects? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Offic...

How do I return to the start of the next row
I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I want to the cursor to move back to the FIRST column of the next row??? How can I command the machine to do this? Thanks Hi one way: - select your entry range before entering your data - now ENTER should bring you to the next row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barbara Retzko" <Barbara Retzko@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0023940B-9946-4E73-9772-10198D728A4E@microsoft.com... > I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I >...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

Export MS-Excel to HTML
I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but this generates a massive amount of html-code. The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not include the hyperlinks in the html-code. Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way to do this every week or so to reflect price changes. Thanks. Mogens Hi Mogens See if you can find ...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

How to insert a picture
I need to insert multiple pictures from a file folder into an excel worksheet. How do I send each picture to a specific cell that fits that cell size? I have not worked with macros in a long time but I could try and buidl a macro if that is the way to go. I am using Windows XP 2002 Thanks Vance ...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

Annotating charts in Excel
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line which are sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of doing it...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

Smtp addresses export to excel file
I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Hi Aaron, Thank you for your post! You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the step...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

In Excel, why sort function fails when applied to a list of date?

setting value of combo box
I have tried many suggestions on how to get this to work but so far no success. I have a form with just one table as its record source. I have two combo boxes Combo1 is Client_ID. Its row source is SELECT tblClient.ClientID, tblClient.Client FROM tblClient; Combo2 is Plan_Writer_ID. Its row source is SELECT tblPlanWriter.Plan_Writer_ID, tblPlanWriter.Plan_Writer FROM tblPlanWriter; Both these boxes display text but am I right in assuming they expect a number. I have a text box Text1, that has a DLookup as its control source: =DLookUp("MaxOfPlan_Writer_ID","qryMost_Recent_Pl...

Excel trouble
Chris & Jerry Macrthy roml12@aol.com Maureen & Mike Mulligan momulligan@home.com Ann & George Raab araab7@hotmal.com Tom & Kathy Flaim tomkathy@nycap.rr.com Tom & Sally Ford tiford51@aol.com John & July Ford john9444@aol.com Ford pegtom-42@webtv.net Teresa-Irland stod37teachglass@eircom.net I have a user with an excel spreadsheet like this. Other users can just click on the email address to the right and have it open up an email client. On this users P/C he clicks on the address and it says that the operation can not be completed beacuse de...

arrow keys for child window of dialog box #2
Hi, I have created a dialog box with MFC. I have created an opengl window as a child to the dialog box. on the window I am drawing using opengl. now I want to update my drawing if the arrow keys are pressed. How should I do it . I am new to MFC. Thanks and Regards. Hi, Handle WM_KEYDOWN message (let the wizard do it for you as you are new to MFC). Then you can put some kode like so: void CMyWnd::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { switch (nChar) { case VK_LEFT: YourUpdateCode1(); break; case VK_UP: YourUpdateCode2(); break; case VK_RIGHT: YourUpdateCode3...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

Excel can't do hex
I would like to be able to define a group of cells as (hex, oct, or bin). The effect would be that when I input numbers, or the cell displays numbers they would be in the chosen format. For example: I set up cell A1 as a hex "type" cell. I set up cell B1 as a decimal "type" cell. In cell B1 I put the simple formula (=A1). Now I enter "ff" into A1 and "255" pops up in B1. I understand that there are hex2dec, dec2hex, bin2dec, ...etc formulas. These, however, aren't much help when you are trying to work with a different base across the whole spreads...

Importing from Access to Excel
How do you import either a delimited text file or an Access table to Excel when the source file is over 65,000 lines (my maximum with Excel 2002). I would like to be able to import the text file to muliple worksheets on Excel. Thanks Since an Excel worksheet has 65,536 rows (period) your best bet may be to break your source file up into several, each have no more than that. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel.exe has generated error/Days calculation from date
An error message occure while opening specific file "Excel.exe has geneated Errors and will be closed by the windows you need to restart the program." How can we get the No. of days using two date calculation because days360() is not solving the problem. I would highly appreciate for help ...

sorting with excel
hello i have to do a coursework for school. i have a sample of around 700 students all with have been put in to catogories of gender what year they are in and their height and weight. is there a way that excel can randomly choose a 120 students from the 700? -- rpatel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rpatel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400155 How about adding another column. Fill it with: =rand() and drag down. Then sort by...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

Microsoft Excel Filters (some rows don't filter)
Hi, I'm using tables in MS Excel 2007 (I also remember having similar issues with 2003). The table contains static data, text and formulas. I'm using the auto-filter function, but for some reason some of the rows aren't filtering properly. At the moment, the table has 70 rows in it, but when I filter, it doesn't filter the final 4 rows. (eg: I filter column D for the value 22, which works up to row 66, but the final 4 rows stay in the table regardless). Upon unfiltering the data, some of the rows remain hidden. I've no idea why this is happening. I've tried turn...