how do I insert a picture as a background

I am trying to insert a picture in my excel document but I cannot make it go
behind the cells where I have already typed some figures and words
0
nadia (53)

Nadia

Format>Sheet>Background... (It won't print though)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nadia" <Nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to insert a picture in my excel document but I cannot make it
>go
> behind the cells where I have already typed some figures and words

I believe it automatically tiles as well.

tj

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Nadia
>
> Format>Sheet>Background... (It won't print though)
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "Nadia" <Nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to insert a picture in my excel document but I cannot make it
> >go
> > behind the cells where I have already typed some figures and words

0
tjtjjtjt (488)

CEditView insertion at specific point
How would I insert a string into an edit control at a specific location (the current location of the caret)? "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vrtet6hg7u6752@corp.supernews.com... > How would I insert a string into an edit control at a specific location (the > current location of the caret)? > > Nevermind. I just realized how simplistic this was (as well as how un-intelligent this question was). I simply had a "blonde moment". ;) "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vr...

In Publisher, how do I get background text to print gray?
I'm trying to print a pamphlet on a black and white HP1200Laserjet printer. I colored the background text gray and the foreground text black, so it overprints. Both texts print black, even though the line I placed below it prints gray. I've tried changing all the commercial printer settings, using different colors and it always comes out black. When I print it on the color inkjet printer, it comes out gray. How can I get it to print gray on the laser printer? ...

inserting from database
I'm inserting data from a database. I want to be able to print it so that the data comes out in columns on a page instead of in one row that prints on several pages. For instance, I'm importing 2 fields such as: Part # Description 1 Widget ABC 2 Widget DCG 3 Widget ILR etc. 30 Widget MMR I want it to print out (or even import) like this: Part # Description Part # Description 1 Widget ABC 30 Widget MMR 2 Widget DCG 3 W...

Printing a Picture File on a Document
Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture file on a document? I don't get what you want to do. Can you rephrase that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OdieLR" <OdieLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DCC24AD-E0B4-4DE2-84DF-D2A429A386C5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture > file on a document? ...

changing background color of columns
Hi! I have a ListView and I'd like to change a background color of individual columns, but no matter if there are some items or not. The whole columns should have changed colors (like in Windows Explorer - XP version). How to do it? Maybe someone could give me a sample of code solving my problem? I would be appreciate. bArT ...

inserting a database with birthdays, on their birthdays in a calen
Home Publisher had a function that allowed a person to enter a group of people with their birthday(special occasions) and automatically insert their names on the appropriate date automatically Can Publisher 2003 do this and how? doug k wrote: > Home Publisher had a function that allowed a person to enter a group > of people with their birthday(special occasions) and automatically > insert their names on the > appropriate date automatically > > Can Publisher 2003 do this and how? Home Publisher and Publisher are two very different kettles of fish. Home Publisher was geare...

Background Banking / .Net password
When I originally setup the Money Delux program, I selected the option regarding using my own password instead of getting a .Net password. Now that I see a .Net password is required for Background Banking, I went onto the .Net website and signed up for one. Now, what do I need to do so that the first screen that pops up when I use Money asks me for that password instead of the personal one I've been using? Or am I supposed to still sign in using my personal password? My primary problem is that when I try to set up Background Banking under the Tools/Internet Updates/Customize ...

Fill in form add picture
I have a Word doc that is a protected, fillable form. I want to add a field where people who edit the file can insert a picture/logo -when the file is protected. How do I do that? Thanks, Caroline See http://jay-freedman.info/form_picture.zip. It's a complicated scheme -- if you have trouble applying it to your form, contact me by email. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Caroline wrote: > I have a Word doc that is a protected,...

Toggle button code to insert user response into template
Hello, I've created a User Form to create content for a letter. This is the first time I've ever used VB - I'm a complete Newbie - and I've had a lot of help using an article I found online. I have included toggle buttons in the form and what I would like them to do is insert text into the letter when they're selected, but if they're not selected, then the space where the bookmark is in the letter remains blank. This is the segment of code that concerned the toggle button and what the bookmark was supposed to fill in with: If togPartAwardsText.Value ...

how to print/export the picture in a contact
Hello everybody, I'm trying to understand how I can export the picture associated to a contact in Outlook 2003, but so far I couldn't find where this information is stored. What I would like to obtain is a kind of business card with the picture in it, too. Any help or suggestion? Thanks, have a nice day jujitsu.jp@gmail.com <jujitsu.jp@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everybody, > I'm trying to understand how I can export the picture associated to a > contact in Outlook 2003, but so far I couldn't find where this > information is stored. When I open a contact wi...

Insert a PDF into WORD document
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. I'm creating a manual. I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print the WORD document with the PDF expanded. I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get is the first page of the pdf. You cannot insert an object of more than one page in Word. You will need to insert each page of the PDF separately. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps...

fix insert row functionality in frx to actually work
When inserting rows in the row format in frx, the software will delete the rows at the bottom of the row layout. example: Create a row format with 100 rows. Insert a row between row 50 and row 51. Now scroll to the bottom of the row layout. You will see that the last row has been deleted. Not a big deal if you insert one row. But if you insert several rows you will be inadvertantly destroying the report. The concept of inserting is to ADD rows. Not delete rows. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

how do i set pictures exactly in publisher?
I need to create a display ad with multiple photos in publisher, how do i get the photos to all be of the same size and line up on the page? Use a table, with your cursor in a cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "housebuzz" <housebuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035FF442-DB47-4D58-A1A9-82AE05BA25E5@microsoft.com... >I need to create a display ad with multiple photos in publisher, how do i get > the photos to all be ...

background not saving with image
when i do a save as on a slide it is only saving the image on the slide and not the background image. how is this done? tia, mcnewsxp Which version of PowerPoint are you using, and what are you saving it as? -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Michael Courter" <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23$UpNpgaKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... when i do a save as on a slide it is only saving the image on the slide and not the background image. how is this done? tia, mcnewsxp On Nov 20, 2:04=A0pm, "Michael Koerner" <...

how to insert workbook names and worksheet names to access columns
Dear All, Please how can I copy or insert the filename (workbook) without the .xls extension in the first column of the access table and the worksheet name (worksheet tab) in the second column of an access table? Please I am working on a cost accounting document of a company. The workbook is named after the cost center name eg Sales and the Worksheet is named after the general ledger code (GLCode eg EE00875). After trasfering all worksheets of all workbooks into one access table using the TransferSpreadsheet method (this is successful), I created two columns using the RunSQL and ALTE...

How to insert Excel Flowchart into Power Point ?
I am trying to import (insert) a flowchart created in Excel into a Power Point presentation. How to do this? Select the flowchart. You may have to hold ctrl key down to select all parts of the chart. Copy the chart. Create a blank slide in PowerPoint and paste flowchart. "Stephanie" wrote: > I am trying to import (insert) a flowchart created in Excel into a Power > Point presentation. How to do this? ...

How do I insert a checkbox in Word?
I am trying to create a checklist from scratch, and I can't figure out how to insert a textbox next to each item. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Green Machine" <Green Machine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:945AB30F-815E-4067-AACD-46A1ABF11769@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a checklist from scratch, and I can't figure out how >to > insert a te...

white background title area in dialog
hi there i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area' at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru the sdk? i am using vc++6.... tia bhu > i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area' > at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white > background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru > the sdk? i am using vc++6.... I dont think SDK offers anything like this. It could...

Display Pictures
Is there a way to make Outlook 2003 display attached pictures within the e-mail? Is there a addin or trick or hack to make it do that? Gosh even Outlook Express & Gmail do this. Thanks, BTJustice I don't mean remote pictures but rather pictures that are actually attached to an e-mail. BTJustice "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message news:36l4r2F4vi3jjU1@individual.net... > Is there a way to make Outlook 2003 display attached pictures within the > e-mail? Is there a addin or trick or hack to make it do that? Gosh even > Outlook Expre...

Excel Picture Sizing
Afternoon All, Can someone please tell me how to insert a picture and have it fill the size of the cell I'm inserting into? Currently when I insert a picture it pretty much fills the screen. Apologies if this is a stupid question :) -- Cheeky Monkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cheeky Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378511 Hi Try this code originally from Tom Ogilvy. Replace cell B9 with the cell you want to us...

CTabCtrl background color
How is it possible to set CTabCtrl bacground color ? Thanks ! Peter Hi http://www.codeguru.com/propertysheet/PropSheet.htm http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/46235.shtm http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q142/1/70.asp&NoWebContent= With Regards R.Selva ----- Peter wrote: ---- How is it possible to set CTabCtrl bacground color Thanks Pete Hi http://www.codeguru.com/propertysheet/PropSheet.htm http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/46235.shtm http://support.microsoft.c...

Copying chart as a picture into a table in word as a definite size
I've created a table (1*1) in word and I want to insert a graph fro excel as a picture into it. I know how to copy the graph as a picture, by holding Shift & pressin edit_copy picture. By drawing a rectangle in the table for the size want the graph to be and cutting/pasting into excel I resized the grap to the same size of the rectangle. deleted the rectangle and assume when I copied the graph into the table that it would be the right siz but every time I copy it and paste special into the table it does'n seem to be the right size. Any idea -- num ----------------------...

Pictures (embedded or linked) are not showing on my publication
I am working in publication and I can't see my pictures. If I go to graphic manager I can see them and when I print, but I can't see any pictures on the blank form. How can I fix this? View, Picture, detailed display. If that doesn't help, read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Trina" <Trina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5658474A-492B-4608-B890-895336EF1F7C@microsoft.com... >I am working in publication and I can't see my pictures. If I go to graphic > manage...

How do I insert Lorem Ipsum into a word doc?
I need to insert a placeholder in a word doc and want to insert lorem ipsum.How do I do this? You can use the rand function to insert dummy text. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/DummyText.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lucinda F" <LucindaF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3456F0AF-E33A-4F2B-9C04-BF7055643798@microsoft.com... >I need to insert a placeholder in a word doc and want to insert lorem > ipsum.How do I do this? And in Word 2007, there's an =lorem() function as well. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill ...

Insert Large File with pure TSQL?
I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is all I need. Any suggesions? Thanks. SnapDive (SnapDive@community.nospam) writes: > I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put > a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or > anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off > testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is...