how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks

Say we want to increase a column of values by 6%.  In an unused cell, enter
1.06.  Copy this cell. Select the column of numbers. PasteSpecial > Multiply
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
1. In cell H 1 I have:-

10

2. In cell I 1 I have:-

=(H1*10%)

3. Just copy the formula above down the column:-

 - Ctrl-C in cell I 1

 - highlight cells I 2 to I 6000

 - Ctrl-V to paste.

The above should achieve what you want.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
Say you want to add 10% to all prices, then enter 1,1 in an unused cell,
copy the cell, then select the price column, and goto Edit > PasteSpecial >
Operation: Multiply.

Regards,
Per

"colinchurcher" <colinchurcher@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i
meddelelsen news:C7751F3B-C081-4F71-8DE5-E9D1E8AA9F1B@microsoft.com...
>i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks

0
Per
1/7/2010 5:38:22 PM
sorry I 1 should read:-

=(H1*10%)

Apologies for error.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
Keep at it.  You'll get it right eventually<g>

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:39:01 -0800, trip_to_tokyo <info@pierrefondes.com>
wrote:

>sorry I 1 should read:-
>
>=(H1*10%)
>
>Apologies for error.
>
>Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
>Thanks.
>

>"colinchurcher" wrote:
>
>> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
>> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks

0
Gord

repost: split excel columns
Thank you for the feed back on the below question. When using "text to columns" it seems to create new columns and the info. in one column can be split but I was looking to essentially create two columns in one. For instance, within column D which was widened, I wanted two columns in rows 5:15. I'm trying to convert something into an excel template that is too long and don't want to change any of the column widths already in place. I know you can do this in Word when transferring an excel table. You would right click on the cell and there is a function called split ...

Sum a column that meets two criteria
I need to sum a column of numbers if it matches two different criteria. I can set up the SUMIF easily for meeting one criteria, but I need to also sum the column if it meets that criteria, and another. For example: A B C 1 150 ABC MS1 2 200 DEF MS0 3 100 LMN MS0 4 125 ABC MS1 5 175 LMN MS1 6 225 DEF MS0 I need to have a formula that would say <<Sum column A IF column B = "DEF" AND column C = "MS0">>. (and so forth for the other combinations). I know there has to be a way to do this, probably using a combination of an IF and SUMIF functions - but i keep...

Lookup two columns
I want to compare the contents of two (adjacent) cells in one sheet with two adjacent cells in another sheet (within one workspace) and if the *pair* of cells are the same, deliver the value in the cell a few columns along (if you know what I mean - like lookup but comparing two cells). The cells are not sorted. Any ideas? Cheers. Bobby If you are comparing A1-B1 sheet 1 to A1-B1 sheet 2, then =IF(AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!B1=Sheet2!B1),"They match","no match") If you have to "lookup" A1-B1 against the whole columns of A and B on sheet2, then kyou co...

Nice Column Graph
So I have data like this: Year Month #start #end 2001 1 4 2 2001 2 6 5 2001 3 7 1 2001 4 5 4 2001 5 2 6 ..... I'd like to make a column chart where the year and month are on one axis and then I have a column for each #start and #end for each month/year pair. Is there a way to tell the chart wizard that I want to use those two columns for the x axis and then the #start and #end columns for the other? Thanks. Hi, Remove the 'Year' and 'Month' text from the 2 cells and then select and use the chart wiza...

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Calculate the % increase for two columns
I have a pivot table, the data was first display by date, i know i can use the grouping function to group data into monthly basis. But I want to know that can I set the formula to calculate the months difference between, say the sales amount of June & July, and the % of the difference?? Million thanks If you have a grouped field, you won't be able to add a calculated item to the pivot table. In the source data, you could add a column to calculate the month for each record. Refresh the pivot table, and add the new field Add another copy of the Data field to the data area Right-c...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Count column difference
Hi Using MSExcel 97. I have two columns of data e.g. A1: A4, containing values 5,10, 3, 6 B1:B4, containing values 3, 8, 7, 4 I wish to perform a count (e.g. in C5) of the number of rows where the value in column A exceeds the respective value in column B (in this case count = 3, as A1>B1, A2>B2, and A4>B4). Just cannot get my formula right. Tried using an array (but difficult when comparing the difference between two columns), and COUNT. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Wizzy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.co...

.stm increase 500MB/Day
Hi all, I have five Exchange Servers 2003, one of this servers is a bridgehead server to internet messages. This server is a dual PIII 1GB with 2GB RAM and 36GB DISK. It work fine but the .stm file of this server increase 500MB per day. The flow of messages is about 11000 per day. I tried to change "Deletion Settings" in file group properties to 0 for all, but this not have relation with the problem and every month I need to create a new file group and delete the old to free disk space. Anyone knows any solution? Tks. Alexsandro Camargo ...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

moving columns
Hi all, I have a sheet in which in row 3 there is data like this: ColumnA B C D E F Customer name 1-30 30-60 60-90 90-270 270-300 what is want is that 270-300 should move in front of 1-30, I mean t say that column F should move in front of Column B but after column A movement should be on basis that in column F, it is written 270-300 and columns may change , i mean to say that sometimes there is no 30-6 and 90-270 column columns may increase or decrease do we have a solution to this thank u al -- Message posted from http...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

Message numbers?
In Exchange 2003 is there a way to track simply how many email messages have been sent and recieved on a month by month status? All that is really needed is the numbers but not where the went or who sent. Of course if there are more granular ways to do this, please include. Thanks! No easy way although you could turn on journaling and do it manually, write a transport event sink to start and increment a count based on date. Nue "Transam388" <Transam388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDDA6E49-D467-4C41-B696-FD4E0F2BCAA6@microsoft.com... > In Exchan...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Sumif returning incorrect value

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

Copying values from place to place
Hello community: Is it possible say, to type a value in a textbox in one form (Form A), automatically copy that value, then open another form( Form B) and automatically paste that value into another textbox in Form B? Is this possible? Thank you for your help. -Gabriel M. If you open Form B from Form A you can use the OpenArgs of the OpenForm command line to pass a value to Form B. docmd.OpenForm "FormName",,,,,,Me.TextBoxName On the OnLoad event of the Form B you can use set the value in the text box If not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then Me.TextBox = Me.OpenArgs End If -- ...

Enter Different values in Project Server and get in Reporting
I want to know actually I will create a report in reporting tool. I want to enter different values which may be numeric and text and may be select from drop down list which i will enter in my project at project professional . and when the report will be create in reporting tool. the values which i entered in my project may be in project information dialog box and other way will be display at report. my first question is How I can enter different values which for my project in project professional. and these values will be at published database or in reporting database or I ...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Average & eliminating zero value Need HELP !! PLEASE
In cell C4 im calculating average hours for D5:D65 of all employees In cells Z5:Z65 If L is entered means laid off In cells AB5:AB65 IS AVERAGE OF ALL EMPOLYEES HOURS in cells D5:D65 if L is entered in Z Column In cells D5:D65 IS all employees hours FORMULA FOR C4 IS {=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(D5:D65),IF(D5:D65>0,D5:D65,0)))} Formula for cells AB5:AB65 IS =IF(Z5="L",R4,"") Formula for D5:D65 IS =IF(Z5>0,0,IF(B5="","",AA5+SUM(E5:J5)*1.5+K5*2)) I want to average all employees hours except if L is entered in Z Column so say 65 empl...

Infopath w/ manually entered values in drop-down and qry results
I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the appropariate plase. I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that is poulated with manually-entered values. I choose a value, submit the updated data, and it does put the correct value in the SQL 2005 database. However, the next time I query the data, the value in the drop-down list box is the default value for the list-box, not the value from the database, which is misleading. I would have expected the drop-down listbox to display the value from the database instead. Thanks. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, in...

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

adding a zero in front of number
how do you add a zero in front of other numbers, I am using item numbers and most start with zero, just shows whole numbers when I enter. example 095421 when I enter shows 95421. help. Hi When the number must remain numeric data, then format the cell as Custom "00000" (the number of 0's determines to which length is the entry padded). When you want the number to be converted to string, then use the formula (in my example the original number resides in cell A1) =TEXT(A1,"00000") (again, the number of 0's in format string determines the length of padding) Arvi ...