How do I increase numbers by 10%, 15% and 20%?

This is probably very simple, but I am trying to write a formula to increase
a number by 10%, 15% and 20%.

For example, increasing 50000 by 10% with a result of 55000, by 15% = 57500
and 20% = 60000.
0
RMPHELP (2)

With 10% in B1, 15% in C1 and 20% in D1
Enter your value 50,000 in A2
In cell B2 =$A2*(1+B$1)
copy across through C2:D2
copy B2:D2 down as far as you wish
Now any values entered in column A will show the corresponding uplifts under
the various % headings

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"RMPHELP" <RMPHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is probably very simple, but I am trying to write a formula to
> increase
> a number by 10%, 15% and 20%.
>
> For example, increasing 50000 by 10% with a result of 55000, by 15% =
> 57500
> and 20% = 60000.

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/19/2005 11:28:14 PM
=A1*1.1
=A1*1.15
=A1*1.2

Is this what you're looking for?
--
HTH,

RD

"RMPHELP" <RMPHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is probably very simple, but I am trying to write a formula to
increase
> a number by 10%, 15% and 20%.
>
> For example, increasing 50000 by 10% with a result of 55000, by 15% =
57500
> and 20% = 60000.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/19/2005 11:30:34 PM
It's just a simple multiplication.  If the start value is in A1
=A1*1.1   is a 10% increase,
=A1*1.15   is a 15% increase.
=A1*1.20  is a 20% increase etc.

Steve

"RMPHELP" <RMPHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is probably very simple, but I am trying to write a formula to
> increase
> a number by 10%, 15% and 20%.
>
> For example, increasing 50000 by 10% with a result of 55000, by 15% =
> 57500
> and 20% = 60000.

How about an entire row and hide the formula???

star2q;700345 Wrote:

How about an entire row and hide the formula???

> "Steve Yandl" wrote:
>
> > It's just a simple multiplication.  If the start value is in A1
> > =A1*1.1   is a 10% increase,
> > =A1*1.15   is a 15% increase.
> > =A1*1.20  is a 20% increase etc.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > "RMPHELP" <RMPHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > This is probably very simple, but I am trying to write a formula
> > > increase
> > > a number by 10%, 15% and 20%.
> > >
> > > For example, increasing 50000 by 10% with a result of 55000, by 15%
=
> > > 57500
> > > and 20% = 60000.

I would place 10%(A1), 15%(B1), 20%(C1) or any cells you choose.
A2 55000

B2 =A2+$A$1*A2

C2 =A2+$B$2*A2

D2 =A2+$C$1*A2

select b2 thru D2 and drag the lower right corner down the whole
column.  To hide the formula, select the columns with formulas, format
cell, protection marked hidden and then protect the sheet. You will need
to unprotect the sheet to make changes unless you unlock cells that do
not contain the formulas.

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dianne

Boot problem 03-04-10
I have a boot up problem with my xp pro. I shut my computer down at night and in the morning I get a grey screen at boot up, before anything shows. I can hear the computer going thru the startup process with nothing showing on the screen. After turning it on and off many times, including using a dos boot disc (which doesn't make a difference) it will finally boot. (a twenty-five minute process). Once it is running I am able to restart without any problem. It only happens after several hours of being shut down. I have run diagnostics on the hardware, monitor, graphics card and...

Inser a page number in MS Excel
I have list of name with their Contribution , i want to sub -total after every Page that why i want to enter page no before each name . Pleese help me ? Use the Subtotals command on the Data menu and check the box that says Page Break betwen Groups. You can then set the Page Number in the Custom Header or Footer section of Page Setup using the 2nd button from left HTH Sheila "Arindam Maitra" wrote: > I have list of name with their Contribution , i want to sub -total after > every Page that why i want to enter page no before each name . Pleese help > me ? ...

Vista 10-25-07
Is there any REALLY good reason to upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to the Windows Vista Ultimate? -- Eykleidis Wrong news group, but that depends strictly on what you want to do in Vista. I personally will not use anything less than Ultimate, but as a developer that is what my requirements are. I also have an MSDN subscription that allows me to install the "flavour" I may need for testing., -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little "Eykleidis" <eykleidis21@yahoo.gr> wrote in message news:Ojb7jRrFIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there any...

formula
Hi, I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What formula should I use? Thanks! Use =INDIRECT("A"&ROW(A1)*2-1) and copy down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Georgyneedshelp" <Georgyneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464A8951-DB29-4907-AE09-AA7CE4F0C15A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to > copy it down, it doe...

adding a leading 00 to some loan numbers
I've got several thousand loan numbers which need to be updated to a ten-digit format by adding a leading 00. That's easy enough to do, HOWEVER, some of them have already been updated with the leading 00. What formula can I use to add 00 only to those which have not already been updated? Thanks. -- alan =right(rept("0",10)&a1,10) If the values are all numeric (not text), you could apply a custom format: Select the range format|cells|Number tab|Custom category 0000000000 or use a formula like this if the cell looks numeric: =text(a1,rept("0",10)) or =tex...

Pivot Table Sort 03-05-10
Hi I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? Hi You will need to drag your 3rd Field to the 1st position in the row Area of the PT. -- Regards Roger Govier jen2018 wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first > column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? ...

Paste a number as text
We often use the copy paste function to export some data from our software into excel for further analysis. In one colomn we have a text field which containes sometimes only numers like "23000.3000". If we copy and paste this field, the result in excel would be "23000.3". (It is interpreted as number) We tried already to add a ' before the value but the the ' is showed as normal letter. Is there any solution to paste any number as a text in Excel without programming a full Excel automation. Thank you for your help! If it's just one cell, format it as text ...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Set Number of Previous Documents under FILE
When I open Excel and click on FILE on the menu bar, it only shows 4 previously opened documents. I want it to show 8-10 but can't find any options to change it. Can it be done? I have the student and teacher edition 2003. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, Change number of entries by the "RecentlyUsedFileList". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Find Discontinued Number
I have a spredsheet to a few columns and one of the field is check numbers. This column looks like this: Check # 101 102 103 106 107 109 110 .... 120 I want to find out which numbers are missing between 101 and 120. The result I want should be:104, 105,108... Could anybody help? Plumstone, There may be better ways of doing it but try: Sub tester() Dim x As Long Dim y As Long Dim n As Long Dim EndCell As Long Dim StartCell As Long Dim StartCol As Integer StartCell = 9 StartCol = 3 EndCell = Cells(Rows.Count, StartCol).End(xlUp).Row n = StartCell ...

articel number??????
Hello, I like to connect numbers and a description! For example: ___----------A B 1 1234 Watch 2 1235 Jeans If I put in a number I like to get the description automatic Maybe I put the number 1234 in A1 at a other sheet then I like to get the description Watch at b1. In Germany it is called �sverweis� but I don�t know the English function! Please Help me!!!! Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dominick Sheet1 Column A contains numbers. Shee...

Excel default number format problem
I have a user with an incorrect default cell format in Excel. His default number of decimal places for a cell with numbers is set to 4 instead of 2. I have no idea how he caused this and I have no idea how to correct it. In case I'm being ambiguous, here is the procedure: Open a new Excel workbook, choose any cell and go to Format. In the Format Cell dialog box go to the Number tab and choose the Number category. The Decimal Places box will be set to 2 by default but in this user's Excel it is set to 4. How do I get it back to the default of 2? http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick...

Cell Formatting to disp. ### numbers
I am trying to format the cells so that it only allows three numbers t be displayed. To be more descriptive: We work with zip codes quite often, but, we only use the first thre digits. Someone sent us a xls file with 12000 zip codes, in one column, and need to know how to make the column show only the first three digits o all the zip codes.. there is another problem, when I convert them to a numeric value, i removes the zero in front...ex. 08245, becomes 8245, but i need to kee that zero in front. Thanks -Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your zip codes a...

email forwarding #20
am running Exchange 2003 and I want to set up email forwarding to send email from one some in our Active directory domain to an external recient. It works fine when the e-mails are originated in my Exchange Server environment but it does not work for those messages coming from outside. I have exchange in a front-end-back end configuration. It will work just fine if front end server is down, but when up the emails in up in the Queue. Any thoughts? I think this is by design because exchange sees this as a relay, what's the ndr you are getting? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, M...

Small Business Server 07-10-03
I want to set up a new network for only about 10-15 users by implementing Small Business Server. I am just wandering from an IT perspective...How difficult will it be? Seems like an odd question for the CRM NG. I answered your question in the SBS NG. Brandon >-----Original Message----- >I want to set up a new network for only about 10-15 users >by implementing Small Business Server. I am just >wandering from an IT perspective...How difficult will it >be? >. > Its pretty straightforward. The install for SBS is pretty easy to follow. "Jon" <jonk...

SMTP Connector Queue Sends Only Once Every 12-20 Minutes...
Okay, I’m going to give this one more try. Someone out there has to have a close understanding of the Internet Mail Service – (SMTP Connector) Queue. We’ve got an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (no front-end). Here’s our situation: 1. Queue is always in Active state, even if there are no messages in the queue, or passing through the queue. 2. The queue will only send messages once every 12 - 20 minutes. Messages will build up in the queue, and all will send at once between 12 and 20 minutes. Messages will then build up again and send after the interval. 3. Every 1 hour 3 minutes to 1 hou...

increase total rows
Hi, can someone show me how to increase the maximum number of rows, more than 65,536? thanks Stan I presume you have Excel 2007? Open your .xls file in Excel 2007, save the file as an Excel 2007 file type (.xlsw, .xlsx, etc) using File Save As. Close the file and reopen it you should now have 2007's 1M+ rows available. "Stan" wrote: > Hi, > can someone show me how to increase the maximum number of rows, more than > 65,536? > thanks > Stan Thanks!!! "JLatham" wrote: > I presume you have Excel 2007? > > Open ...

Hiding/Exposing Worksheets based on a Number Entry
I have a worksheet that has data for up to 50 technicians. Each location gets this workbook and may have from 3-50 technicians. I'd like to create a macro/formula that lets each location enter the number of technicians, and then will hide the unneeded worksheets. The workbook has a summary page, (worksheet one), fifty individual technician pages (worksheets 2-51) and a setup page (worksheet 52). Data is entered on each technicians page. What I would like is for the location to entry a number in a cell or from a macro prompt that asks how many locations they have. Based on that respon...

Fractions: whole numbers to proper fractions
MS Word 2004 (MS Word 2003 is also on board) As a cookbook editor, I receive countless submissions with the most common fractions entered as whole numbers. I have quick correct to convert these if I am typing them myself however I need a way to have Word make the conversion on a per document basis rather than on a manual fraction by fraction basis as I do now. In the old WordPerfect days, running spell check would do this as well as convert generic quotes to typographer's quotes; Word does neither. Google has not been my friend in this search. Appropriate suggestions from this...

regular expression 03-23-10
Hi! I'm new to regular expression This simple one should mean find all words that begin with a and end with ion and in between you can have 0 or more character. This doesn't work string pattern = @"\ba*ion\b"; The pattern should be string pattern = @"\ba\S*ion\b"; So my question is why can't the pattern have this format string pattern = @"\ba*ion\b"; when looking for a word that begin with a end end with ion and in between any char 0 or more. I mean why does not this * mean any characters one or more. //Tony "Tony Joh...

VBA Get Line Item Number
Is it possible to get the current line item number that is being completed when in SOP? I am trying to ensure that my form data is saved in my database associated to the line item I am completing in SOP. thanks! That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible with Modifier and then add it to your VBA project. You can make it invisible again after but still use it in your code. Once you do that, you should be able to use it as you describe. Wicked! Thanks for the help. "MichaelJ" wrote: > That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible ...

Counting the Unique Numbers
Hi ALL, I need to get the number of unique entries in a particular column in an excel table using a formula to a defined cell. how can I do that? and this number has to change when I filter the rows using other columns. e.g. A table with Col A and Col B has 60 rows. Col A has 50 Unique entries. so the Number should be 50. I filter using Col B which will give 10 rows. in these 10 Rows there are 4 unique entries in Col A. So the Number should be 4. Please Help. Thank you in advance. Assuming the full unfiltered range is A2:A60. Adjust to suit. Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(I...

Any way to increase a series of cells by one?
Hello, Could anyone tell me how to make cells increase by a single number, and repeat the same number (i.e.: for a bar code) [the same number] as well? We need to print a number, and its bar code on a sticker, then a new number and its new bar code on another sticker. etc., etc, forever I think! Probably very simple, but I have no idea how to do it. THANKS a lot for your assistance, S. Hi Not sure if this is what you mean but is what I would try. in cell A1 type your first numer in cell b1 type =a1 in cell a2 type =a1+1 in cell b2 type =a2 and then copy cells a2/...

Calculate the number of tuesdays in a month?
How do I calculate how many tuesdays are in a month? For example if I have the date January 7, 2005 in A1? I need to determine how many tuesdays are in that month so I can multiply that number by the mortgage payment due (IE. $333). (for a weekly payment). Thanx. With the date is in A1, =IF(MONTH(A1+35)=MONTH(A1),5,4), i.e. if 5 weeks from the date is in the same month, there are 5 weeks, otherwise 4. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:21:02 -0800, "Phorluk" <Phorluk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I calculate how many tuesdays are in a month? > >For exa...

List