How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money

0
HELP (162)

#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup
than here
#2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more
explanation of what you want to accomplish

"Tax Help" wrote:

0
DukeCarey (494)
3/21/2005 9:43:04 PM
You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and
OFX.

Go to Google and search for

  excel money import qif

to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions.

One the I found is

  http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm

Their program is $39.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax Help" <Tax
Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
anonymous (74722)

Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links
I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their source files. Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting I applied afterward. I've tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting after update" box is greyed out on all of them. Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size every time I update? The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of linking them in the first place. ...

Can't Install Money 2006 SB on Vista
I'm trying to install Money 2006 Small Business on my new Vista Computer and it keeps crashing during the install process. I had it on another computer and upgraded to Vista and it ran just fine. Any Ideas? In microsoft.public.money, srazook wrote: >I'm trying to install Money 2006 Small Business on my new Vista Computer and >it keeps crashing during the install process. I had it on another computer >and upgraded to Vista and it ran just fine. Any Ideas? For Money 2006 make sure this Vista update in installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427 Be sure that you...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Junk "Microsoft" emails - Possible Partial Solution
Like a lot of people on these forums, I've been bombarded with virused / junk email from "Microsoft" , "MS" etc. I can telnet to my www provider and use Pine set up a rule to delete all emails where the sender is "Microsoft", and this would help a lot. The problem is the "Deleting" is not the same in Pine as "Expunging", so, in the end, my Outlook winds up downloading the Deleted messages. The tech support there does not have an answer for this one. Is there a way in Pine to set up a rule to "Expunge" rather than "Delete&...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.
How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the square root of 7? try the formula =7^(1/10). HTH Alan P. "kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C16AB7-8BD6-4671-B138-5F2961E46067@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the > square root of 7? ...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

Incorrect Office Updates in Microsoft Update
Hello I recently did clean installs of XP and Win7 on 2 different PCs. Each PC was loaded with Office 2007. When I ran Microsoft Update after the Office installs, it shows I needed Office 2007 SP1, not SP2. I manually downloaded and installed Office 2007 SP2 and then checked Windows Updates for any needed patches. It still showed I needed Office 2007 SP1...even though I just installed SP2. Does anyone know how to 1) have Office SP2 show up as a needed update instead of SP1, and 2) how to configure Windows Update to show that no SP is needed after SP2 is installed? th...

excel 2002 crashes
Hi, When i try to add a control to a from in Excel VBA using the function OLEObjects.Add, Excel 2002 crashes. Well, i have found the solution to the problem which is that before adding the control I set the EnableEvents property to false. Then everything works fine. The reason for my post is that, this same problem does not happen in Excel 2000, it happens only in Excel 2002.. Any idea why this is so ? Please help!!! Thanks & Regards, Veena. ...

Formulas in Excel using [R-1] not A10 references
I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or columns. An example: =SUM (R[-4]C:R[-1]C). I would like to see these formulas in the regular format referencing Row and Column number i.e. =Sum A1:V52 Tools >Options, the General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style "Drregion" wrote: > I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they > are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or > columns. An example...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

MS Money for Palm OS
Hi there Is Money 2002 available for the Palm OS? Any resources/links would be appreciated Thanks Ian Mick Any version of Money? 2002? "Mick" <alaskan@cox.net> wrote in message news:09a001c3d46b$8a447fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Ian, > > I have looked into various Palm OS finacial softwares. > None would sync both ways, either with Quicken or Money > except for one. It's called Ultrasoft and can be found at > http://www.ultrasoft.com/ > > It syncs with Money (not Quicken) and allows me to input > data either into Money or Ultrasoft on my Pa...

Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel
Dear Group, Hello. I recently posted a question related to the issue of putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. Someone kindly suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart. However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68 (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. What gives? Why does one symbol work and not the other? I even downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Thank you....

Money 2001 suddenly started crashing
I've used Money 2001 for several years. Suddenly it started crashing when I go to Investing/Portfolio. This may have started after I installed SP2 for Win XP. Anyone have the same problem or know of a fix? Do you get an error message? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specifi...

excel fillin color
Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in the preview Have I turned off a switch or what needs to be done? Hi The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ron" <roncyn@bresnan.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#Ro$W7fOEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in > the pr...

money 2004 won't sync
After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed out all other programs sync fine. -- John Have you tried to repair the money file on the desktop? >-----Original Message----- >After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync >anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. >please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed >out all other programs sync fine. > >--...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Save as Excel from Master Project
I am trying to export from a master project with about 8 sub- projects. When I try and export from the master to excel, it does not include certain text fields. Why? Any work arounds? I need the text field (name) to use the excel sheet. How are you exporting? Data lives in the sub-projects, not the master. However, try expanding all sub-projects and try again Not all custom fields roll up to the sub-project tasks, so their data is not available in the master. For this and other reasons (including no risk of file corruption) I usually create new masters every week but no...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

Using backup as import
Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? No but you should be able to restore it. "perple" <perple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0832C8E2-B5EB-4197-954E-03E64F66E32E@microsoft.com... > Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? ...

What exactly is office, excel, and encarta?
Office is a collection of programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access. Excel is a spreadsheet program that is included in the Office collection. Encarta is an encyclopedia, dictionary, and thesaurus. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F2ABDE-D337-44AC-9A93-EDB079460BD1@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel 2003
How can I tell Excel NOT to round up when it calculates? Click Tools menu, choose Options Choose Calculation tab Check "Precision as Displayed" "Peppermint" wrote: > How can I tell Excel NOT to round up when it calculates? Excel does *not* round up, unless you tell it to so in the formula, like with the ROUNDUP() function. It may seem that it rounds (not UP, just plain round); because no more digits fit in the column width or because you told Excel (via Formatting) not display more than a certain number of digits. "In the background" there is still an ...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...