How do I hide the outline of a Forms Group Box?

I am using a couple of groups of option buttons but would prefer not to show
the actual box around the group.   Is there a way to hide the outline?
0
MadTodd (2)

Hi MadTodd,

You can use VBA code to do this:

Sub HideGroupBox()
    Dim Sh As Worksheet

    Set Sh = ActiveSheet
    Sh.GroupBoxes("Group Box 1").Visible = False

End Sub

Change Group Box 1 to the name of your groupbox.

---
Regards,
Norman

"MadTodd" <MadTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a couple of groups of option buttons but would prefer not to
>show
> the actual box around the group.   Is there a way to hide the outline?

0
normanjones (1047)
1/14/2005 9:56:15 PM
Hi MaddTodd,

And to hide all the groupboxes, try:

Sub HideAllGroupBoxes()
    Dim Sh As Worksheet
    Dim gBox As GroupBox
    Set Sh = ActiveSheet

    For Each gBox In Sh.GroupBoxes
        gBox.Visible = False
    Next gBox

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"MadTodd" <MadTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a couple of groups of option buttons but would prefer not to
>show
> the actual box around the group.   Is there a way to hide the outline?

0
normanjones (1047)
1/14/2005 10:06:53 PM
And if there aren't too many...

ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False

(I'm not sure how many is too many, though.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

> ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False

The difference is that the OP is paying *me* by the word!

> (I'm not sure how many is too many, though.)

Are you aware of such a limit and, if so, do you know if it is a limit on
the number of objects which can be handled in a pass, or a limitation on the
number of objects?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> And if there aren't too many...
>
> ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False
>
> (I'm not sure how many is too many, though.)
>

> Norman Jones wrote:
>>
>> Hi MaddTodd,
>>
>> And to hide all the groupboxes, try:
>>
>> Sub HideAllGroupBoxes()
>>     Dim Sh As Worksheet
>>     Dim gBox As GroupBox
>>     Set Sh = ActiveSheet
>>
>>     For Each gBox In Sh.GroupBoxes
>>         gBox.Visible = False
>>     Next gBox
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> ---
>> Regards,
>> Norman

0
normanjones (1047)
1/15/2005 1:21:55 AM
I am aware that a limit exists when working with shapes/objects.

But I'm not sure what that limit is (or if it's a hard limit--or if it depends
on what's in use (memory??)).

I do know that the single line fails when there are lots (and quite a few people
have lots of shapes in worksheets based on posts around here).

I've never seen your looping code fail.

I'm not sure I understand the second portion.  Since it's a one liner, I'm
guessing that it's based on the number of objects, since there's only one pass
(did that make sense???).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thank you for the additional information.

---

>I am aware that a limit exists when working with shapes/objects.
>
> But I'm not sure what that limit is (or if it's a hard limit--or if it
> depends
> on what's in use (memory??)).
>
> I do know that the single line fails when there are lots (and quite a few
> people
> have lots of shapes in worksheets based on posts around here).
>
> I've never seen your looping code fail.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the second portion.  Since it's a one liner, I'm
> guessing that it's based on the number of objects, since there's only one
> pass
> (did that make sense???).

0
normanjones (1047)
1/15/2005 2:28:28 AM
Thanks for the help folks.  I know just enough VBA to be dangerous at a
cocktail party, but nothing ventured nothing gained!

"Norman Jones" wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for the additional information.
>
> ---
> Regards,
> Norman
>

> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >I am aware that a limit exists when working with shapes/objects.
> >
> > But I'm not sure what that limit is (or if it's a hard limit--or if it
> > depends
> > on what's in use (memory??)).
> >
> > I do know that the single line fails when there are lots (and quite a few
> > people
> > have lots of shapes in worksheets based on posts around here).
> >
> > I've never seen your looping code fail.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand the second portion.  Since it's a one liner, I'm
> > guessing that it's based on the number of objects, since there's only one
> > pass
> > (did that make sense???).

0
MadTodd (2)

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Resize Forms in Access 2007
I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how do you use this feature? Thanks, BobV On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or > something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen > resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how > do you use this feature?...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Form Based Auth.
Hi All, I have checked the option to use form based authentication but I don't get the web page login - still the pop up login box. I have restarted IIS. This is all internal at the moment till i get the forms working. Any ideas. Regards Joe. Do you have "require SSL" checked on the Exchange (and Public) virtual directories in IIS? Have you tried going to the https:// site manually? Forms-based auth only works with SSL. If you haven't required SSL and you go to the http page, it will still work just fine and will pop up the login box. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Check if Form is Open
I need to check to see if a form is open in the Onclose of another form. And if it is to requery it, if not do nothing. I did find a Function on The Access Web web site but I'm not sure how to utilize the function. Function fIsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Integer 'Returns a 0 if form is not open or a -1 if Open If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> 0 Then If Forms(strFormName).CurrentView <> 0 Then fIsLoaded = True End If End If End Function I need to run this in the OnClose of a form to see if frmHome is o...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Dynamically Setting a forms Input Parameter Property
Hi , I'm working with a ADP project, I have a form where I set the recordset property at design time to a SQLServer stored procedure that has one parameter. If I set the Input Parameter property of the form at design time all is well. However I'd like to be a little more flexible in that I have the calling object that Opens the form using Docmd.Openform pass OpenArgs to the form. On the Form_Open event I set the InputParameter property of form using the value in OpenArgs. The problem is I'm still prompted with the parameter popup..if I press Ok everything continue on and ...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

Hide a field in a report
I am building a report using fields that are in tables. One of the fields in the report is "Do Not Use". I want to build an expression that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that line from the report. If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line in the report. Please help! Thanks! In your query use a calculated field like this -- Hide_Field: IIF([Do Not Use] = 1, Null, [Do Not Use]) Then in the report set the textbox Can Grow property to Yes and drag the size of the textbox to a hairline. If the output is...

oPTION Group Coding
I have a macro, which will print all reports. I have a button in a option group assigned to this macro, which will print 10 reports. ( The other buttons, in the option group will print individual reports). I want to restrict user , because, sometimes, he may click it , when he does not want to print all reports. I want to know, how to give a message box, in an option group, a yes or no message box to restrict from printing. If he clicks yes, it should run the macro, if he click no, it should not print and come out. Please help.. In macro design view, show the Conditions column (if ...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

printing to a form
how do i print addresses from excel to an address form page? is i possible? the page came out of an address book and i have to do lik 200 of them. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...