How do I get top cell alignment in excel 2003

Can't find 'top' as an option when I go to cell alignment in Excel 2003.
Some websites show 'top' as an option for cell alignment, but that must have
been with an earlier version of Excel.  How do i get top cell alignment with
Ezxcel 2003?
thanks much
0
marty53 (3)

More info.  Opened an Excel 2003 worksheet with Excel 2000 and was able to
change a cell alignment to 'top'.  Reopened in Excel 2003 and formatting for
that particular cell showed 'top'.  But, for all other cells, the 'top'
option is still not available in 2003.  Am I missing something or did they
remove the 'top' cell alignment option from Excel 2003.  Any Microsoft
employees read these posts?

"marty53" wrote:

> Can't find 'top' as an option when I go to cell alignment in Excel 2003.
> Some websites show 'top' as an option for cell alignment, but that must have
> been with an earlier version of Excel.  How do i get top cell alignment with
> Ezxcel 2003?
> thanks much
0
marty53 (3)
4/2/2005 3:55:02 AM
I just looked at format|cells|alignment tab.
Then at the vertical dropdown box.

Top was at the top of the list.  I did have to use the arrow and scrollbar to go
up those choices.

Could it be that simple?

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I just looked at format|cells|alignment tab.
> Then at the vertical dropdown box.
>
> Top was at the top of the list.  I did have to use the arrow and scrollbar to go
> up those choices.
>
> Could it be that simple?
>
> marty53 wrote:
> >
> > More info.  Opened an Excel 2003 worksheet with Excel 2000 and was able to
> > change a cell alignment to 'top'.  Reopened in Excel 2003 and formatting for
> > that particular cell showed 'top'.  But, for all other cells, the 'top'
> > option is still not available in 2003.  Am I missing something or did they
> > remove the 'top' cell alignment option from Excel 2003.  Any Microsoft
> > employees read these posts?
> >
> > "marty53" wrote:
> >
> > > Can't find 'top' as an option when I go to cell alignment in Excel 2003.
> > > Some websites show 'top' as an option for cell alignment, but that must have
> > > been with an earlier version of Excel.  How do i get top cell alignment with
> > > Ezxcel 2003?
> > > thanks much
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
marty53 (3)
4/2/2005 3:15:03 PM
I think we've all done something like this.  It's why many of us have flat
foreheads.  Doh!

--

Dave Peterson
0

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

POST or GET?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3

Excel 97 #9

get a result of an sql into a field

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit