How do I get the top 4 rows of a spread sheet to print on each pa.

I am trying to get the first 4 rows of a spread sheet to act like a header. I
have done this in the past and can not remeber how to get it to do it again.
0
joetut (1)

File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to repeat at top

Carlos

"joetut" <joetut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get the first 4 rows of a spread sheet to act like a
header. I
> have done this in the past and can not remeber how to get it to do it
again.

0
nunayo (95)

Spreadsheet column/row design conventions
Does anyone know of any design conventions that dictate the correct orientation (i.e. row-column or column-row) of data within a spreadsheet? Where I wish to display an independent variable (e.g. the months of a year) against a dependent variable (e.g. company profits), there is a design decision to be made as to which variable I store in rows, and which I store in columns. I would like to know if there is any rigorous method I can rely upon to take this decision before embarking on building any large spreadsheet model. Please note, I am aware of the 256 column limitation in Excel. Further b...

linked sheets for compilation database
I've managed to create a schedule for my construction projects with the whole gantt chart and it has worked out great, I used a tutorial I found on the web. Only now my boss wants to see a gantt chart that compiles all the jobs into one chart so we can see scheduling confilict or whatever. So I'm wondering if this is easily accomplished: Can I create single job schedules say three projects: -Smith Project -Jones Project -Frank Project Then import them into the compilation schedule so I will have (for example) Design: Smith 6/15-6/30 Jones 6/20-6/29 Frank 6/12-6/25 ConDocs: Smi...

how do I create more than 266 columns in an excel sheet?
My excel sheets have by default up to column IV (aprox. 266 columns). I need to insert more than this and also have problems with the option of "grouping" columns. When I have most of 266 columns in use and several "groupings", when I try to minimise them all (one by one), after a few, appears a warning pop up messge with a message "objects cannot be moved outside the sheet" and the action cannot be done (cannot mimise that group of columns and not anymore until I expand/ungroup others). The number of columns is limited to 256 columns. This cannot be incr...

How get earliest timestamp?
I have a table with a date/time column. I need to retrieve the earliest timestamp record. I'm currently using SELECT MIN(timestamp), is this correct? Thanks. Yes. But, are you filtering the query so it returns only one record? If not, then you would need SELECT TOP 1 MIN(timestamp) But then, I am thinking if you want to return only one value, why not use a DMin function instead? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "mscertified" wrote: > I have a table with a date/time column. > I need to retrieve the earliest timestamp record. > I'm currently using SELECT MI...

.NET Framework 1.1: Device Update 4.0
Hi, Does anyone know whether Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 includes the ASP.NET Mobile Controls Device Updates (Device Update 4.0)? Thanks, Yong Teck ...

Getting the month names for the first quarter
Hi, I have a sheet in which i have to display month names in a row based on the quarter number selected from the drop down list. Ex. if selected 1, then row should contain "Jan", "Feb" and "Mar". Please help. Thanks, Navin You don't say which row You don't say all in one cell or different columns and which -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "navin" <navin.narayana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168437855.997229.44380@i56g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a sheet in which i have to disp...

Get-ChildItem.Count not working with one file
I'm executing the following command on a directory that has one file in it. When I execute it, there is never a result. Only when I add a second file does it come back with an answer. any help? (Get-ChildItem c:\temp\output *.csv).Count If I run the normal Get-ChildItems c:\temp\output I do see one file listed. Hello Steve, > I'm executing the following command on a directory that has one file > in it. When I execute it, there is never a result. Only when I add a > second file does it come back with an answer. any help? > > (Get-ChildItem c:\tem...

Defined names
Hi there I have defined many names and would like to print out the list of the names with the cells they are referencing Does anyone know if I can do this Thanks very much Tim Insert / Name / Paste / Paste List -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Tim" <tim.elhatton@mnp.ca&...

Check printing error
I was in the process of printing my check batch for the week. I went to purchasing, print checks, selected my batch, and pushed print. Usually a screen will come up that then tells me to push print one more time, but this screen never appeared! If I repeat my steps, the batch no longer appears in the window. If I go to purchasing, post checks, and select that batch, I can see the batch with status "Check Printing". If I try to select the batch, it says" This batch is being edited by another user. Please try later." If I go to transactions, purchasing, batches, again...

How do I delete a line in Excel that I only see when printed?
I have created a form in Excel but when I go to print preview and also when I print it there is a line there that I do not wish to have there. But when I look at it in normal view I cannot see it. There are aprox. 6 pages and this line is at the top of every page except my first one. I can delete a few rows where it shows to be and it disappears but as soon as I insert rows back it is back. How do I get rid of this line. Please help. If you go to Edit | Go To, click Special, Choose Objects and click OK. It should take you to the line. Then you will be able to delete it. "Te...

How to move entire row?
Hello, I am using visual basic and Excel automation. How can I programmatically move entire row to the end and shift all other rows one row up? Jack Assuming that you want to select the row to be moved by selecting a cell in it and that Column A entried in it to the end of the data then try something like this: Sub MoveIt() Dim EndOfData As Long Dim Acr As Long EndOfData = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1 Acr = ActiveCell.Row Rows(Acr).Cut Destination:=Rows(EndOfData) Rows(Acr).Delete Shift:=xlUp End Sub -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient...

How to get listing of personal folders (nested) in Outlook?
I have dozens and dozens of folders nested under my inbox and as each folder is an individual piece of work for me, I would love to figure out how to get a list of them into word or excel. Ideas? Thanks, Eric If this is for backup/recovery reasons, why not use MS OL Backup Addin? "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2edd01c42894$0fd49f40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have dozens and dozens of folders nested under my inbox > and as each folder is an individual piece of work for me, > I would love to figure out how to get a list of them in...

Print checks\earnings statements at multiple locations
Hello, Our client wants to print checks at the corporate office and download the file to several locations to perform the printing. They would want to do this for AP and PR Preference is 1 large check run in AP and PR and to use a field such as department to "segregate" the file. Any suggestins on how to handle? ...

SMTP Server #4
Hi, I have installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2. My smtp server is generated many messages notifications like this: "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed ... This could indicate a mail loop. ..." Anyone knows this "problem"? This never happen before... What can I check in my server? Thanks, Elizabeth Are these messages for local recipients? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &qu...

[VC++ UI Need Help] Dynamic Controls are getting disabled automatically after some time.
Hi Team, We are facing one problem in User Interface. Can you please help us to fix. Issue: Dynamic Controls are getting disabled automatically after some time. Team, we are loading the gif image as bitmap for main dialog and putting all the controls on it dynamically After launching the application the controls, text are getting disabled automatically only the main image left over. This is critical at this time; your kind help is really appreciable. For your reference You can go through the following Partial code, how we have implemented. Loading Image CGifImage...

move row to top of page
I need to know how to automatically make a row appear at the top of the page after a cell has had data entered into it. For example: if you enter data in cell A3 and hit enter, I would like cell A10 to appear as the first next row. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. ...

Way to have Data Avail on Desk Top and Min?
Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top Computer, the other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data available on both? Thank you. -- ================== It's back to school - please respect and obey school zones. Our children depend on it. For more information, visit www.txdot.gov/safety/tips/pedestrians.htm network them together, share the drive/folder with the data on it. Connect to that share from 2nd pc. It then appears as another hard disk on that pc. Note - accessing the data simultaneously usually requires the data base...

Macros n Sheet/Workbook protection
Hi everyone, We use excel 2000. I have setup an excel file to serve as a stationary requisition at work.. all works well.. but now i need to ensure that no one changes the format / formulas by error. The sheet has 3 macros.. - to send form by mail - to be used by all - print - to be used by all - Update a database - for the admin dept only If i protect the sheet... the macros will not work.. is there any way of working around this problem...users should not have to key in passwords.. Lynne Lynne, You can still run a macro on this sheet when it is protected, use something like this Ac...

Problems printing templates in Excel XP
I will try and get as much detail about my problem in here. I have two pcs at my work that are not printing the text from a worksheet created in a previous version of excel (97 I think), Others with the exact same load have no problem printing these same worksheets. The typed in txt on these templates will appear in print preview but once they print it notihng is there, it looks like the blank template. I have tried saving it in Excel 97 & 5.0 95 format, that did not help. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Office XP and installed Off2k with no luck either. I have tried refo...

Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck
Hi, I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps getting stuck. This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in the middle of updating 2300 appointments. We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully patched. Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003). Many thanks in advance, Matthew Did you use the official DST patch? -...

Data sort #4
I have a list of six digit alpha numeric file codes. The first three characters are alpha and last three are numeric. How do I sort ignoring the first three alpha characters? TIA ~~~~ Gerry One way: Assuming your codes are in column A, in a blank column enter =--RIGHT(A1,3) then sort on that column. In article <eQUUj89mEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@btinternet.com> wrote: > I have a list of six digit alpha numeric file codes. The first three > characters are alpha and last three are numeric. How do I sort ignoring > ...

Calendar events right on the screen, but print on duplicate/wrong date
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop If I enter an all-day event on a Monday, it also shows up on the previous Wednesday - but only when I print the calendar. It does not show up wrong on the screen! Any ideas about what's causing this and how to fix it? ...

Sort on groups of rows?
I have a Projects status worksheet that uses from two to seven rows per project to store relevant info. Is there a way to sort by, say, project name, or number, so that the groups of rows for any one project stay together? You could have a defined name for each block and sort by that block(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bhammer" <bhammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33E69DD2-F43D-4983-9D64-57A4E34C389A@microsoft.com... >I have a Projects status worksheet that uses from two to seven rows per > pr...

Insert Row When Column Amount Changes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C55029.CC482AD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is an example of what I am talking about. A B C D=20 1 A B C D=20 2 2 41100 274 584=20 3 2 41100 274 625=20 4 2 41100 274 333=20 5 2 41100 274 102=20 6 2 41100 274 957=20 7 2 41100 274 362=20 8 2 41100 274 651=20 9 2 41100 274 611=20 10 2 41100 284 965=20 11 2 41100 284 336=20 12 2 41100 284 251=20 13 2 41100 284 362...

printing problems #5
I am trying to print a fairly simple 2 page newsletter. It will not print at all correctly - as if the file is too big. I have this problem before with older versions of publisher and have solved it by saving the pages in different files. This is not working with version 2002 HELP! ...