How do I get the macro "stop recording" tool bar back?

While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button)
and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like
to use the tool bar for the reference button.
0
RBD04 (1)

Hi

choose tools / macro / record new macro
click OK
now display the stop recording toolbar (view / toolbars / stop recording)
now click on the little blue square box
and everything should be fine again when you next go to record a real macro

Cheers
JulieD

"RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close
> button)
> and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would
> like
> to use the tool bar for the reference button.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
11/11/2004 4:32:21 PM
Tom Ogilvy posted this :

Start recording a macro, then right click on a blank area of a toolbar and
select the stop recording toolbar.
(or use View=>Toolbars from the menu)
then click the stop button.

Now when you record, the button will appear.   Don't click the x to hide it
when recording or you will have to repeat the above.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DA2DFF-6EA7-41CD-88B6-636B5B7A0C76@microsoft.com...
> While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button)
> and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like
> to use the tool bar for the reference button.

0
rondebruin (3790)

Floating toolbar macro stop recording
the floating button is to narrow I cant increase the width so i can see all of it Help please ...

Macros "Stop Recording" toolbar somehow hidden
When I try to "Record New Macro" the "Stop Recording" toolbar is not appearing so I am unable to adjust Relative Reference. I'm not sure what I did to deactivate it so I am unsure how to make it reappear. Help! ...

what is the keys to stop recording, i cant press it when making a.
i'm trying to make a macro that will be on my excel worksheet, and its function is to load the userform that was made in visual basic, but when i load the user form it locks out the screen meaning i cant press stop recording, i'm wondering if theres a key combination for stop recording.... No key combo that I know of, but you can go to Tools-Macro and when you bring up the dialog box, you will see a "Stop" command. "Lante" <Lante@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10906D38-155E-48BD-8109-B8B16F15B164@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to...

Stop Recording ToolBar dissappeared in my Excel WorkSheet?
I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help me restore this option again? Regards Select Tools-Customize-Toolbar tab - Click 'Reset' and 'Ok' "Aamir" wrote: > I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative > Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help > me restore this option again? > Regards Once you click record macro, click right button on the tool bar, select 'Stop reco...

How do I turn the Macro Stop Recording Toolbar on and off?
My Stop Recording Toolbar suddenly quit appearing when I started to record a new Macro. How do I turn it back on? Start recording another macro, then goto Tools>Customise and select the Toolbars tab, then check the Stop Recording checkbox And don't close it by hitting the "X" when recording a macro or you will lose it again. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "BamaBarks" <BamaBarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06B8002-F1D5-4B9E-928C-A1A636833DC3@microsoft.com... > My Stop Recording Toolbar su...

"stop recording" button not visible
I was recording a macro in Excel 2000 and inadvertently clicked on the close button of the small window instead of the Stop recording button when I was finished. This made the small window disappear and now I can't get it to reappear when I want to record another macro. This happened a few years ago and I was able to rectify it then but I can't remember how. Cutter, view, toolbars, stop recording -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Usi...

MIssing "Stop Recording" macro button/toolbar
Hi, While creating a macro the Stop Recording button/toolbar disappeared. I can record a macro, but the box never shows up agaiin. Can anyone tell me how to make it appear again? Thanks Jim, try this, when you are recording a macro go to view toolbars and check stop recording -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "JimFor" <jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM> wr...

How do I get the macro "stop recording" tool bar back?
While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button) and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like to use the tool bar for the reference button. Hi choose tools / macro / record new macro click OK now display the stop recording toolbar (view / toolbars / stop recording) now click on the little blue square box and everything should be fine again when you next go to record a real macro Cheers JulieD "RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DA2DFF-6EA7-41CD-88B6-636B5B7A0C76@microsoft....

How do I display stop recording toolbar for macros
I've somehow hidden the "stop recording" small box has disappeared when I try to record a new macro. I use it exensively when switching between relative and nonrelative cell references. Does anyone know how to turn it back on for display? Hit the REC button at the bottom of Word's window, or just start recording a macro again. Then hit View-->Toolbars and get the toolbar back. Then stop recording. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24356F61-5...

Where is the Stop Recording toolbar?
When I record a macro, the Stop Recording toolbar does not appear. There is no 'Macro' toolbar listed in View / Toolbars. How can I 'show' this toolbar? When recording a macro from the keyboard, is there any way to select 'Relative Reference' without this toolbar? Thanks! Go to view, toolbars, and select Visual Basic. -- crispbd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10880 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Stop recording toolbar persistently missing
Hi, hope someone can help. When recording macros in Excel my Stop Recording Button doesn't appear This is a pain because I can't switch to relative references. I've foun several posts about the same problem, but the solutions mentioned ther aren't working for me. What I've tried: 1) Start recording macro, go to View, Toolbars, Click Stop Recording Apparently the toolbar should then pop up, but on mine it doesn't. Th Stop Recording option is already ticked when I enter the menu. 2) Tools, Customize, Toolbars, tick Stop Recording. Again, this has n effect, and when I tr...

Macro
I click on tools>macro>record new macro and the record macro dialogue box appears. According to this link http://tinyurl.com/l6xze, when I finish inputting the info into the dialogue box and click ok, the Stop Recording toolbar should appear on the screen. But this is not the case for me. What settings should I change to allow this to happen? I know alternately I can do view>toolbars>Visual Basics. Please advise. Epinn Epinn, Start the macro recorder for a new macro. Go to Tools>Customize>Toolbars and check the Stop Recording box. When you stop recording, make sur...

Excel Stop Recording Button Disappeared
I have Office 2000 and I use Excel to record macros in my workbooks. In the past a "Stop Record" button would show up when I would begin recording a macro, but at some point it stopped displaying. Why did it go away and how do I get that button to display again? Hi Start recording a macro, using Tools|Macro|Record new macro. Enter on the name form. Click on Tools|Customise|, select Tools, scroll down to Record Macro and click on it. Go out of the customising screen and it will be back. Stop the recording by clicking on the stop button. Hey DON'T click on the X aga...

Macro "stop recording" button
While I was recording a series of macros, I must have inadvertently chosen to make the "stop recording" button disappear from view. I could obviously stop the recordings from Tools>Macros, but it would save me a couple of clicks if I had the button back. I looked at all the obvious Option screens, without success. Any suggestions? Answer from Tom Ogilvy on this problem Start recording a macro, then right click on a blank area of a toolbar and select the stop recording toolbar. (or use View=>Toolbars from the menu) then click the stop button. Now when you record, the b...

Missing "stop recording" button, Excel 2000
I lost the button that switches between absolute and relative cell references and stops macro recording. I can still record macros but only with absolute references. (Excel 2000, 9.0.2720) Try out this previous reply by MVP Gord Dibben: http://tinyurl.com/ch3s -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in thread Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email -------------------------------------------------------- "mdc" <mdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a401c3c392$b2680970$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I lost the button th...

How to stop recording a Macro
Hi, In previous versions of Excel, I have always had a button to click onto when I want to stop recording a new Macro. My current version (Excel 2002) appears to not have that option - or is it just turned off? The only way seems to be for me to use the "TOOLS, MACRO" options and then choose STOP recording. Is there a way to activate that previous option? Many thanks Mighty Magpie, View/Toolbars Check the "Stop Recording" toolbar John "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:oqCNb.4340$YV1.2885@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net......

Outlook 2007
I've got problem with Outlook 2007, somehow Journal stop recording Office application but still recording email messages. I'm using Dell Inspiron XPS M1330, Win Vista Business, and Office standard 2007. OS and Office 2007 have latest updates. please help me to solve it. thanks, Rizal ...

Lost stop recording toolbar
I lost the stop recording toolbar. The one with the Relative Reference button. How do I get it back? Any help appreciated! View / Toolbars / Stop Recording -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Irv" <i_leb@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:OlVBdzh8DHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12...

Good Morning All, When I want to record a macro, the stop recording button does not show up. I need to click on the relative postion for this macro. How can I get it to display? Thanks in advance. Mike Start recording another macro, then goto Tools>Customise and select the Toolbars tab, then check the Stop Recording checkbox -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mike" <windme@cox.net> wrote in message news:Ecwye.54590$R21.3800@lakeread06... > Good Morning All, > > When I want to record a macro, the stop recording butt...

am running office 2002 my stop recording toolbar has dissappeared (macro Excel) how does one restore it There are instructions in the Excel FAQs here, for getting it back: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#Stop diamp wrote: > am running office 2002 my stop recording toolbar has dissappeared (macro > Excel) how does one restore it > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...