How do I get the formula to show the result on the worksheet?

The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
kanye (11)

Your cell format is set to Text. Change the format of the cell to
General. Reenter the formula.

In article <0C6E13D8-18FC-4E40-B9AB-86EAB16F2A3B@microsoft.com>,
 "kanye" <kanye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
> shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
> the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/5/2005 2:53:30 PM
If that doesn't work, go to Tools;Options and uncheck the Formulas box on the
View tab, Window options.

"kanye" wrote:

> The Calculation in Tools is set to automatic & the result of the formula is
> shown during Function; however, the result of the formula will not show on
> the worksheet, just the formula itself.
0
PegL (40)

VLOOKUP
hi, i have 2 worksheets.. using a vlookup to return data from worksheet A to worksheet B. Worksheet A has some formulas in the cells, and when I do a vlookup to worksheet B it only returns the values, not formulas... is there a way to show the formulas from worksheet A onto worksheet B? thanks! Not by regular means.......it could be done with multiple VLOOKUPS or VBA but even then it would be misleading, as the formulas would refer to cells located on Sheet A. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "kvc" wrote: > hi, i have 2 worksheets.. using a vlookup to return data from > w...

Getting rid of an old pst
I have outlook 2007 on both desktop and notebook. I did a search and deleted all pst files on the notebook and copied the pst from the desktop back to the notebook. Notebook pst with all emails, ect remain. Can't figure out what to do next. Would like to regularly sinc the two, but have not been successful. Any help would be appreciated Jerry What happens when you start notebook Outlook, does it not give an err.msg? "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:%23M$UXYpkJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have outlook 2007 on both desktop and notebook. I did...

SUMIF function linking several worksheets
I have a workbook with multiple tabs. The last is a worksheet that link information from all of the others, a total page. Is there any way t insert new worksheets that will be linked to the total page withou having to add to the formulas each time? For example, when using simple sum function on a single worksheet if any row is inserted withi the formula range the formula automatically adjusts to include the ne row. Is this possible when adding new worksheets? This is the formul that I have currently written: =SUMIF('sheet1"!B:B,N8,'Sheet1"!C:C)+SUMIF('sheet2"!B:B,N...

Not getting some Massages
I don't have any problem with sending and recieving emails but I don't receive emails from a few specific people that I used to get. Now they are not comeing!! What do those messages have in common? Same domain? Key words that you have now inadvertently blocked? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shiva asked: | I don't have any problem w...

Creating formula #2
How would I do this (in Excel 2007)? I have 2 columns of numbers. I would like to divide column B by column A and put the result in the next, blank column over. And then do that for each line. I have no clue. How would I do that? Thanks. Maybe, you can fill that third column with a bunch of formulas: =b1/a1 Or to avoid errors if A1 is 0: =if(a1=0,"",b1/a1) JohnB wrote: > > How would I do this (in Excel 2007)? > > I have 2 columns of numbers. I would like to divide column B by column A > and put the result in the next, blank column over. And then do t...

Copy a sheet contained formulas from one workbook to another and remove file links
Hello, in our company we use a special excel file with more sheets. Every user copies first this file from the server to his own computer and then he/she can customize the workbook. Usually the user only makes his own new sheets where there are formulas which contain cells from the original sheets. Occasionally a new release of the original excel file appears and the user must make a new copy of this file. Commonly the user wants to have in the new file all of his own created sheets from the first workbook. If he normally copies the sheets from the first workbook to the new one, the f...

Insert maunal line break in formula
Hi I have a formula which combines texts from several sources. Eg: ="I am a "&A30&". You are a "&A31&". However we don't "&A32&", nor "&A33&". Except that, we do "&A34&"." However the whole statement will appear in 1 line. I would like to break it into 3 lines in that cell. How to do? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Note: I have moved my question to "microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions" and it would have been better...

Is there a way to get a list of all outgoing traffic?
Hi, Using exhange 2k3 and was wondering how to get a list of all outgoing email (from user and to domain). I know there is some auditing features but not sure how to use 'em. A good link or a quick pointer would be helpfull. R Have you tried using System Monitor w/ specific counters? To open this type 'perfmon.exe' from the run line. "In Search Of" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:uGbyQFUVEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Using exhange 2k3 and was wondering how to get a list of all outgoing > email > (from user and to domain). &g...

how to get rid of ["spam]" in email subject line
Does any one know how to get rid of [SPAM] showing up in the subject line of every email I receive using Outlook? I have no idea why this is appearing or how to get rid of it? I've tried adding the names of senders' email addresses to an exception list, etc., have searched through the Help on junk mail related filters... to no avail. Any help GREATLY appreciated! Do you have Norton Antivirus Installed? "MK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a8c01c3d923$ac42af40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does any one know how to get rid of [SPAM] sho...

need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed
need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed. i have designed a worksheet with items in one column, and how much the item is in another column. what i want to do is to check a box next to an item and have the cost of that item added to the other items that are checked. if the item is unchecked, then resum the items that are checked. i would also like to add an additional check box that will automatically check or uncheck all of the other checkboxes. any help will be appreciated. I put my items in B2:B20 and the costs in c2:c20. Then I ran this macro to add the che...

Report showing address for undelivered mail
Hi I am trying to find out if there is some kind of report I can run in Outlook that will provide me with the mail address of emails that were not able to be delivered or are bouncebacks. Can anyone help please Thanks Outlook is not responsible for delivering the messages but the mail server is. If a message cannot be delivered, the mail server will send you this report. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real Wor...

Table Import no longer shows tables
In GP 10, if you go to any screen and then try to go to Table Import, it just goes to Table Import and it no longers shows the tables that are being access by the form. Is there anyway to get this feature back? Hi Rich Table Import does still work as before. The difference now is the new security model is pessimistic. Unless the user you have been using has been granted access to the tables, or is a POWERUSER, you will not see the tables. Hope this helps. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Word Gets Languages Confused
Word 2003, Windows XP Home Occasionally (about once every 50 =96 100 documents), the spell checker will flag a couple of words as misspelled. The words are spelled correctly. But it turns out that Word has, for some unknown reason, decided that it should test these words using the French (France) language. Thus, as an example, Word suggests as alternatives for the English word =93personal=94 the French words =93personne=94 or =93personale= =94 I've verified that the default language in Tools | language is English. It=92s not a real problem. But I'm a curious person ...

sum=d11+c13 but hide result untill c13 value is entered
sum=d11+c13 but hide result untill c13 value is entered Hi =IF(C13="","",D11+C13) -- Regards Roger Govier "New User" <New User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28CD8992-5045-45F4-9F40-2DFE2B7F2419@microsoft.com... > sum=d11+c13 but hide result untill c13 value is entered > > > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4756 (20100109) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com > > > ...

Project 2007 showing conflicting costs
Hi guys, I'm using Project 2007 and am a tad confused by the costs it calculates for my project. I've assigned the same standard prorated rate for all my resources on the Resource Sheet at 100%. When I multiply the total hours (as shown on the Resource Usage chart), by the resource rate, I get a 60% higher total project cost than that shown in the Project Statistics. The statistical cost matches the cost shown on the Task Sheet. All non-summary tasks have been assigned. MVP Mike Glen suggested I may have assigned resources to summary tasks, but on double-checking, that&...

Excel Crashing using Remote Worksheet Calls in NETWORKDAYS
Hi all... We're having problems attempting with Excel 2007 crashing when referencing a lookup table in Worksheet 'B' from Worksheet 'A' during a NETWORKDAYS call.... In more detail... Worksheet 'A' has a list of rows including two date columns. We're attempting to workout the difference in working days between the two date columns taking into account a list of "holiday" dates contained within Worksheet 'B'. We are using NETWORKDAYS function for this. Everything works fine whilst Worksheet 'B' is open, however when you close Works...

How do I copy a filtered subset of data to another worksheet?
I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need to capture as a report each of the subsets of data for a snapshot of today's work. When I try to copy - the Clipboard, of course, copies everything, including the hidden data. I know there is a way to copy just what is visible but I can't remember and can't find any reference in any help files. Anyone? Edit|Go To|Special...|Visible Cells only "sftwrqn" wrote: > I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need > to capture as a report each of the subsets...

Tracked Emails not Showing in My Received Emails
I've been playing with email settings in CRM 4.0, to figure out how I can possibly control tracking emails without using tokens, which are unsightly. But that's a-whole-nother question. Suddenly, I cannot see the tracked emails that I receive under My Work, Activities, Email, My Received Emails. I CAN see them under My Work, Activities, All (activities), My Closed Activities. When I look at the Advanced Find for My Received Emails, I see that the criteria for Status Reason is Received; and the criteria for Direction is Incoming. When we remove these criteria the missing emails r...

Incrementing Worksheet numbers???
I would like to know if there is a way to increment page numbers. I want to reference worksheets 2-32. On worksheet 1 cell a1 references sheet2!$S$2. I want cells in the same column to reference Sheets 3-31 while referencing cell $S$2 on each worksheet. I need to do the same for 24 columns. thanks for your help Use another column to number the sheets you have ie>K1:K32 number 2 thru 32 Then use the formula INDIRECT("Sheet"&K1&"!S2") and drag down as a far as necessary. You can use a bigger formula to increment the sheet number but this is easier. JAMES...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Conditional Format Formula to color row based on text
I have reports showing internet usage for various employees. I have been asked to print these out and highlight the places the employees shouldn't be during working hours. I have searched looking for a example macro that might do this with out results. I have found that most people recommend Conditional Formatting to do this. I have looked for formula examples to change the color of a row. I can't find a example that will look for text. Could someone give me a example of a formula that will change the background color of a row depending on text in a cell on the row. ...

User Controls Gets bigger
Hi all, As I insert the customer User Controls on the for everything becomes bigger i.e. controls and the overall size but not the font Any suggestion why this would happen Thank you in advance, Samuel "Samuel" <smshulman@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:eRdb3tluKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > As I insert the customer User Controls on the for everything becomes > bigger i.e. controls and the overall size but not the font > > Any suggestion why this would happen > > Thank you in advance, > Samuel...

Comparing two versions of a worksheet
What is the best way to compare two versions of a work sheet to determine changes that have been made? Have any rows been inserted or deleted? Same for columns? If none have--just data has changed, then Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have written a comparison program that does a cell by cell comparison (a1 with a1, x99 with x99). You can find it at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm Look for Compare. Billy Washam wrote: > > What is the best way to compare two versions of a work > sheet to determine changes that have been made? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Keep custom format in new worksheet
Hi all, I created a new custom format in "Format Cells", after using this custom format I save the file and quit, when I open the old file the custom format still in this file, but when I try to create a new file the custom format is lost. Is it possible to keep the custom format forever in the Excel so that I don't need to create it again when open new workbook? Many Thanks. Buddy Hi Buddy You can save a empty workbook as a template with this format and name it "Book" (no quotes) you must save it in your xlstart folder You can find it here in Excel 2003 C:\Progr...

Gridview not getting sp records
We have an aspx page with a GridView tied to an SQL Server stored procedure. When the GridView was setup we did a "test query" and all expected records displayed. However, when we open the page we get no records. Below are the parameters on the SqlDataSource control. The 2 dates are defaulted to NULL in the stored proc so that only dates with NULL are displayed. I also ran the stored proc from SQL server and it ran fine when I checked the send null values for the dates. Any ideas where I should look? Thanks. asp:QueryStringParameter Name="Branch" Query...