HOw do I get the formula to figure out a percentage?

Example
H & P		Consent		Pre-Sedation
YES	NO	YES	NO	YES	NO	Total Cases
	11		13		12	98

I need the percentage of each column.

0
Jen (116)

Assuming that your numbers are from A2 to F2, here is a very simpl
solution, i.e., not an elegant formula but will work.

If you want the percentages to appear below the numbers, enter in B2

=if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2+$F$2))

and copy this up to cell F2.

Another option is

=if(A2="",0,A2/sum($A$2:$F$2))

Also, don't forget to "percent" format your cells (B2:F2).

--
BenjieLo

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26304

*_TYPO_CORRECTION_*.

The first suggested formula should be

=if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2:$F$2))

Sorry for this typo ...

BenjieLop Wrote:
> Assuming that your numbers are from A2 to F2, here is a very simpl
> solution, i.e., not an elegant formula but will work.
>
> If you want the percentages to appear below the numbers, enter in B2
>
> =if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2+$F$2))
>
> and copy this up to cell F2.
>
> Another option is
>
> =if(A2="",0,A2/sum($A$2:$F$2))
>
> Also, don't forget to "percent" format your cells (B2:F2)

--
BenjieLo

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26304

*MORE CORRECTIONS*:

For the percentages to appear below your raw data (A2:F2), the formul
should be entered in (A3:F3).

In summary, the formula

=if(A2="","",A2/(sum($A$2:$F$2))

or

=if(A2="",0,A2/(sum($A$2:$F$2))

should be entered in Cell A3 and copied up to cell F3.

Again, sorry for the erroneous previous posts ... it's been a long da
and I will now quit posting until tomorrow.

BenjieLop Wrote:
> Assuming that your numbers are from A2 to F2, here is a very simpl
> solution, i.e., not an elegant formula but will work.
>
> If you want the percentages to appear below the numbers, enter in B2
>
> =if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2+$F$2))
>
> and copy this up to cell F2.
>
> Another option is
>
> =if(A2="",0,A2/sum($A$2:$F$2))
>
> Also, don't forget to "percent" format your cells (B2:F2)

--
BenjieLo

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26304

formula that calculates upon saving only
I need a formula that will only calculate when the page is saved with "save as" only. This will be a reconcile spreadsheet for a retail store. I want the petty cash end of day (H21) to become the petty cash start of day(J3), for the next day. Is this possible? I want it to only work for "save as" b/c the managers will be opening and closing this spreadsheet all day, so they will have to save but I think they could use "save" for that & "save as" the final time. I don't know if you can differentiate between save and save as. But, in listen...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

override CreateElement
However, I am wondering if I can make the creation of my object depend on the name of the parent node DURING parsing (or even the name of the grandparent node)?? In other words, how can I do something like this: class MyParser : XmlDocument { public override XmlElement CreateElement(string prefix, string lname, ...) { //--> where can I get the ParentNode // in the next line??????????????? if ( ParentNode.Name =="company" ) return new Employee(prefix, lname, nsuri, this) else if (lname=="person") return new Person(prefix, lname, nsuri...

How can I get the trial balloon to work?
I've downloaded the Works program trial balloon over and over, but when I try to use the program it tells me to use a product key and the key I was given (every time) doesn't work. ...

What if formulas and calculations
I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fields e.g. A1 = Y or N B1 = Y or N C1 = 32 D1 = a number E1 is for the result Required: If A1 = Y and B1 = Y then E1 = C1 * D1 else E1 = D1 All I can get is FALSE if either A1 or B1 is not Y but is both are Y then I get the correct result =IF(AND(A1="Y",B1="Y"),C1*D1,D1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "BJS" <BJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60CBD837-9F0A-4AB9-88CC-7493705AAA33@microsoft.com... >I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fie...

how do i put formula to find difference between two dates
Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates Put in C1: =B1-A1 where A1 contains the start date, say: 01-May-2005 B1contains the end date, say: 10-May-2005 For the sample dates in A1 and B1, C1 will return: 9 --- Pl post your question within the message area in future. The "Subject" line is meant only for some key words/descripts, not to house your *entire* post -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "A.D" <A.D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A8ACB02-0724-4A0B-BB...

Keep getting Office Not Genuine message after replacing pirated copy of Office 2007 Enterprise with legit copy of Office 2007 Standard
Hi, I am trying to resolve an issue one of my customers is having. Their previous computer guy loaded what turned out to be a pirated copy of Office 2007 Enterprise on one of their XP Pro computers. Thus recently they have been getting alerts that the copy is not genuine. When they told me that I explained the them that it was a pirated copy. I told them we would need to buy a genuine copy. So we bought a couple of full copies of Office 2007 Standard since he didn't need the all the features of Enterprise edition anyway. We bought the second copy because we figured we'd upgra...

Translating Formulas to Functions
I'm hoping someone here can set me on the right path via an example so that I can complete this onerous task. Currently I have a spreadsheet for fantasy football that I maintain. The Workbook (Excel 2003) has the following worksheets Sheet 1 = Named Totals Sheets 2 - 18 = Named Week1, Week2, Week3, etc to Week17 Sheet19 = Status Sheet 20 = Roster Roster has 5 columns, 1 for each player position (QB, RB, WR, K, Def) Under each column is listed the person or team for that slot. Status has 18 columns and 44 rows. Some rows are blank or just contain a description. Column 1...

Simple Formula
I have a formula, bt4/37 (bt4 = 6) and it returns 5. However, my calculator and an Access database returns 16. Can someone tell me why Excel returns 5? thanks. -- Kat3n hi, Either I'm reading this post incorrectly or you have a broken calculator and are gettting results out of excel & access that are equally incorrect. 6/37= 0.162 recurring So if we assume that your result of 16 is a typo and you meant .16 there must be something your not telling us about the formula your using in Excel. How is the 6 derived in BT4 ? What is the format of BT4 ? Post the pr...

can't get MS Outlook 2007 to open successfully as "Microsoft Excha
I am unable to open Microsoft Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 successfully as when I open it starts a chain of message box that with any option I select eventually closes Outlook. Below are messages I receive. Message box reads “Configuring Outlook” Configuring Outlook Accounts “Connecting to Microsoft Exchange” Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Retry Work Offline Cancel Choosing any of these 3 options is a “dead end” as: “Retry” - just loops endlessly back to the same message “Work Offline” – selecting this then prompts a message box that reads “Cannot open your defau...

How do I get a cell value using another cells value
I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet based on the cell value of another E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298 I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in worksheet 2, Cell reference B298 Regards Chris Chris, put in cell a2 =indirect(a1) HTH Andi "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A53C64-B901-461E-9AC9-06118D50C6C0@microsoft.com... I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet based on the cell value of another E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell referenc...

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

how can i get my cards to print right with publisher 2003
I have the template 8373 for publisher 2003. When i go to print there to big. I have played with the top, gaps, sides and its still off everytime. I have been to the avery website and its all for word. The Avery cards i have are 8869 template 8373. What can I do to print them right using publisher. I have spent a lot of time making my cards. So could someone anyone help me out please. I'm confused. Which Avery cards are you using? 8869 or 8373? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Vader" <Vader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E574128-269...

... need formula...
Hi I need formula which calculate finish day. I have start day and number of hours for task - how to calculate automatically finish day?? Regards -- jkazan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jkazan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/134110.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1294750.htm http://forums.techarena.in Why don't you let Project do the calculation? That's the point of the software.... - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > H...

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Formula for Formatting Fonts
I have a spreadsheet that consists of Names and Addresses, however they are all in capital letters. There are about 600 entries. It'll take me forever if I edit each one manually. What formula should I use to make the Names not all caps. For ex. JOE SMITH becomes Joe Smith. Last Name is in one column and the First Name in another column. Please Help! Thank you so much :) Assuming the names are in cols A and B, from row1 down, Put in C1: =PROPER(A1) Copy C1 to D1, fill down as required Select cols C and D, and then do a copy > paste special as values to overwrite cols A and B (tr...

Skipping cells when pasting so not to overwrite formula
I have a template where I have cells with formula. I have created outputs from Access which have these columns as blanks. When I paste the data into the template sheet, requesting Paste Special, Values, and Skip Blanks, I thought it would ignore the blank columns and leave my formula intact, but it writes the blank columns in Is there anyway of pasting the data in without overwriting the formula As an example my sheet will look like this text field / text field / text field / currency field / blank field / text field The template will have a formula to calcuated in the blank field Appreci...

Help With Margin Formula

Is it possible to get the program that is launched based on file t
Hi, I'm trying to get the exe name of the program that is launched when i do ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo(); info.Verb = "print"; info.FileName = FilePath + FileName + "." + FileType; Process process = new Process(); process.StartInfo = info; process.Start(); Now, process.ProcessName will get it, but i need the info BEFORE i start it so i'm a little stumped now. Is this possible? "Jason soby" <Jasonsoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Formula to compare multiple cells
I am looking for a formula that will compare a value in one cell against the values in multiple cells and I am trying to find out if it is <=. I am currently using the formula below but it does not always provide the correct results. I only want it to tell me if it is a winner if it is less than all(or the least) cells. It will give me a winner if it <= any of the values. =IF(N9<=J9,"Winner",IF(N9<=K9,"winner",IF(N9<=L9,"Winner",IF(N9<=M9,"Winner","Stop")))) Thanks, Judd try this =IF(sumproduct((j6:m6>0)*...