how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key

When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1.

From the Menu Bar:
<Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab,

And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys".

This might cause you other "problems' though!
--
HTH,

RD

"RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1.

0
RagDyer
12/15/2009 12:59:19 AM
hi
on the menu bar>tools>options>transitions tab>check transition navigation
keys.

Regards
FSt1

"RANLAY" wrote:

> When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1.

ScrollIntoView Non-Selected Cell ..?
How do i.. Without selecting it.. ScrollIntoView a Cell.. Say... R120C140 ...? ActiveWindow.ScrollintoView .. but how to find the Document Coords in Pixels of that Cell ..? when Rows/Columns are uneven sized ..? Any Feedback would be Appreciated.. Andrew ;-) sub dk() ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 120 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 140 End Sub This would put row 120, column 140 in the upper left corner of the screen. "Andrew" <NoToSpam@ReadItYourSelf.com> wrote in message news:BeydnRXlerMJfhLWnZ2dnUVZ8gOdnZ2d@bt.com... > How do i.. >...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

curly quotes became straight, can't get curly bakc
something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly quotes. I assume you've already checked your AutoCorrect options to make sure replace straight quotes with curly quotes is checked, so let's look at the other simple fixes first. Have you recently changed to a new font? Some fonts don't support curly quotes. What version of Word are you using? Jerry "John Worsley Simpson" wrote: > something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly > quotes. And in some fonts it's really hard to recogni...

Protecting of cells
Hi Can someone help? I have been doing a spreadsheet which has some pretty complex formulas included in it. It will be used by people who don't have a great understanding of excel and all i want them to do is enter a value and allow the program to make the calculations for it. If they delete any formulas it may stuff the whole thing up. My question: Am I able to protect particular cells so that the formulae and content cannot be altered? Thanks Yes. Look up Protection in Help. First you lock the cells to be locked (that's the default), or unlock the cells where they can ...

get xml option in data menu
i can't find the xml option in the data menu? any ideas? using office 2003 sbe. ...

#Error in subform foreign key
Hi all, I am getting "#Error" in my foreign key id field for two subforms, but not the third. As far as I can tell each is setup in their respective tables similarly. I have tried deleting, changing thpe data type, I've even re-created the whole database (re-created suspect tables and imported everything else). Whenever I try to add values in any field on the subform I get "The value you entered isn't valid for this field..." I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance, Nick "NickX" <nicknnator@aol.com> wrote in message news:1176403733.363533.24828...

Tab Jumps 8 Cells
When ever I click on Tab, it jumps over 8 cells. This happpens on all worksheets even new ones. Any ideas? Thanks, Brandon Brandon Have you got Transition navigation keys checked in Tools | Options ? Regards Trevor "Brandon Cramer" <brandon@molalla.net> wrote in message news:1d9a901c45495$e67fc510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When ever I click on Tab, it jumps over 8 cells. This > happpens on all worksheets even new ones. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > Brandon That worked! Thank you!!!!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Brandon > >Have y...

Searching (Find) in Merged Cells
How can you search in merged cells for text content? The Find Method works on single cells but I can't get it to work on merged cells. William, Excel treats merged cells as if they were the cell at the upper left of the merged area. In VBA: Sub SimpleFind() Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = Cells.Find("find this", , xlValues, xlPart) If Not myCell Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Found in " & myCell.Address Else MsgBox "Not Found" End If End Sub In Excel, simply select all the cells using the select all button to the upper left of A1, then use Ctrl F. HTH, B...

Keys 3 Foot Dumbbell Hand Weight Storage Rack ST-DB3
Price:$79.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B001K5H746 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B001K5H746 Combining the best features with superior design and reliable performance, Keys Fitness delivers the best value in strength equipment available today. ...

Purchase new home procedure with Money 2007
What is the best way to record the purchase of a new home? I am sure this is 'documented' somewhere but would like some detailed steps on what to do - like what/how to record all the fees for the buy, asset account, transferring items to that account, loan amount, etc. Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? Tom -- See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=23 for some insights. "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OP8MLttKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? ...

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Setting Value Of One Cell Equal To Value Of Selected Cell
Without using VBA - If cell A1=red, A2=white and A3=blue, can I set C1 to be the value of the selected cell so that if A1 is selected, C1 will equal red, if A2 is selected, C1 will equal white, etc.? Thanks, Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon, In a word, no. No worksheet thing comes to mind that works as a function of the active cell. You might want to use some radio buttons or a list box (Forms Toobar or Control Toolbox) instead of cell selection. They'll let you click to make such choices, and you can use formulas that will change a cell value as you wish. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, ...

Displaying Animated Cursor
Hello, I am trying to display an animated cursor. I found several examples, but none of the examples seem to work in my SDI app. When I use the anmiated cursor, the cursor completely vanishes. How can I display an animated cursor in an SDI app? VS2008 MFC BOOL CMyFormView::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message) { // ::SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT)) ; //this works ::SetCursor(LoadAnimatedCursor(IDR_HOURGLASS)); //this fails return true; } HCURSOR CMyFormView::LoadAnimatedCursor(UINT nResID) { HRSRC hRes...

Macro to remove contents of cell and move all other contents up one row
I've very lillte or no experience of macros and got some very usefu help from a kind user of this forum a couple of days back and I'm bac looking for more help. Its a bit long winded but here goes. I need a macro which checks the contents of a couple of ranges o cells, starting with the first range of cells lets say it checks cell A4,B4,C4,D4 down to cells A20,B20,C20,D20. Now if for example cell A7,B7,C7 and D7 have values (note the formulas used in these cell means that if A7 has a value then B7,C7 and D7 will also have a valu if A7 is blank then B7,C7, and D7 will be blank) and no...

Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values
When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a scientifc equation. The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters. Cannot get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers. Any ideas on how to get Excel to read all 20 numbers in a cell? Hi not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4324528D-BBAB-493C-A1B0-EC108BCB6571@microsoft.com... > When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a > scientifc e...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Customize Investment Summary on 'My Money' Home Page?
Okay, so I've got a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc., that I don't own anymore. Can anyone shed any light on how I would clear that clutter out of the Investment Summary on 'My Money' home page? Denise ...

move to... mailbox root folder lost message
If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today view and move the message there it appears to be gone forever. Can someone tell me how to get that message back? thanks oh, you right click and under home page tab uncheck show home page by default :/ scottevansh...@googlemail.com wrote: > If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... > > and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today > view > > and move the message there it appea...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

Splitting names from cells
My first question to the hordes of folks better equipped to answer than the people around me. I'm a policy advisor and I only use Excel and Access as they relate to research. I'm trying to figure out if there is a method for splitting first and last names from a cell where both are contained. We have a huge fleet database with thousands of operator names, but when some moron first set up the system, they put entire name (JOHN A DOE) in one cell. Is there a way I can search for the string following the final space, or some such thing, so I can separate the names? Thanks. -- Goe...

Moving MS money 2007 deluxe to another computer
I am trying to move my MS money 2007 from my desktop to my laptop which is more convenient. I tried a suggestion I saw posted which was downloading 2007 trial version and then using my backup money file. The conversion worked. However, I am still listed as having a trial version. I hvae upgraded several times with the online downloaded version. The versions are somewhat different. The trial one on my laptop is 16.0.10.1303 and my version on my desktop is 16.0.120.1303. Any suggestions? Obviously I can purchase a full version but I have paid my share to microsoft already. My da...

How do I move my worksheet from under the toolbar?
My worksheet is under my toolbar and I am not able to get it to move down. I cannot grab the top or the minimize/maximize button. Can someone please help me? I know it has to be something simple. Hi JewlyCC, Try: Window | Arrange | Ok - --- Regards, Norman "JewlyCC" <JewlyCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6514FACC-7407-4E3E-9C06-E0870E9A97DE@microsoft.com... > My worksheet is under my toolbar and I am not able to get it to move down. > I > cannot grab the top or the minimize/maximize button. Can someone please > help > me? I kno...

i bought a college book and the key that came with it and also vi.
i had to buy a book set for college and it came with this Visio pro 2003 and the key... but the professor said it was the full version and its a trial version... i thought the key would activate the trial version but it dosn't work???? i dont know if its ment to be a trial or not... but i need the programe for more then 60 Days!! for the class The professor should be able to point you to a local resource at the college where you can buy Visio, perhaps at great discount. Otherwise, buy it where you normally buy software. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Louis S wro...

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total
AYE! my head... i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula. can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done? thank you! frustrated student Widen the cell size Regards, Peo Sjoblom "fyremunki" wrote: > AYE! my head... > > i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency > amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after ...

Forms and Records
I have a form (personnel view) that is based on a query that pulls information from several tables together. I want to be able to update certain fields so I created a form that you can open (with a button) from the personnel view form. When I open the update form I want it to go to the record from the previous form. Try allowing the command button wizard to do that for you. One option in the wizard is find a record. "TexasBill" wrote: > I have a form (personnel view) that is based on a query that pulls > information from several tables together. > I want to ...