How do I get consecutive numbers without typing them in manually

0
Leslie (38)

Enter 1 in a cell, 2 in a second, select them both,  then drag and copy
down.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Number format 05-12-10
Hello Can anyone help on this small query. I want to enter a year in a cell in this format "2006/07" I have several cells linked to this which will then populate in steps i.e. based on the year I have entered they will increase annually thus 2007/08, 2008/09 et seq. Can this be done? Many thanks Mars There may be easier ways to do this but.......... With 2007 in A1 Enter in B1 =LEFT(A1,2)&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&TEXT(RIGHT(A1,2)+1,"00") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:47:45 -0700 (PDT), mars <hifrommars@hotma...

Saving file type
My backup are being saved as Microsoft Money Backup (*.mbf) How do I get to save as (.*mny)?? Quicken won't recognize (*.mbf) The *.mbf is effectively a copy of your *.mny file at the time you made the backup. So why wouldn't you just "give" Quicken the *.mny file. If you are worried that Quicken might change your *.mny file the just make a copy of the *.mny file e.g. MyMoney.mny and Copy_of_MyMoney.mny. That way you can revert. Bob Peel "Bob Lansing" <rglansing@charter.net> wrote in message news:C7D34A3F-0171-46C1-BE95-0C2C36A83ADB@micro...

With printer that has both side printing ability, how do I get a.
I am using a printer that can print front and back sides. How should I set up 2 xcell docuents to be side 1 and side 2 on the same sheet of paper. ...

Create new Object types
Help??? We are just implementing a new MS-CRM system and have a need which I figure should be possible but don't know how to do. Essentially we need to add a new Object Type. We need to slot in a “Project” object type in between the existing Opportunity and Account types. A Project has a finite time frame. Multiple Accounts (Companies/Customers) with their associated Contacts can be attached to that “Project” and a Contact must be able to be assigned as the Project Lead for that “Project.” How do I do that? I did consider just making an Account and calling that the “Project” and t...

Getting values from a Pivot table
I've got two pivot tables. One has all the fees earned for services for customers. The other has all the payments received from a customer. The pivot tables are normally sorted by customer, so I can pull up customer JSMITH in each table and it will extract JSMITH's fees in the left pivot table and JSMITH's payments in the right. Now its quite simple creating an invoice for one customer. Print out each Pivot Table to give a report of all the fees and all of the payments, and then you bill them for [fees] less [payments received]. But I want to do this in a more systematic way, ...

How do I get that little envelope on the system tray back?
Outlook got into a crashed state where the app was dead, but the little envelope in the system tray was still there. So I stupidly clicked on the envelope icon and selected something like "make icon disappear". Well that made it disappear forever, even after I rebooted and started a good instance of Outlook. How do I get it back? Please help! Thanks. Tools...Options Click the Email Options button. Then click the Advanced Email Options button Check off "Show an envelope icon in the system tray". FYI - OL XP "Quoner" <microsoft@quone.com> wrote in me...

Number on Check
Is there a way I can add different items to the Number section when writing a check? All you have available is ATM, Debit, Check #. Would like to add EFT and DEP, etc.. Thanks You can type those in, but they will not get added to the list. "two04one" <two04one1@cox.net> wrote in message news:6UaTa.2568$Ye.639@fed1read02... > Is there a way I can add different items to the Number section when writing > a check? All you have available is ATM, Debit, Check #. Would like to add > EFT and DEP, etc.. > > Thanks > > Thanks Bonnie, I do type in as of now, j...

Page Numbers Out Of Sequence
Greetings! I am trying to create a 5 1/2 x 8" booklet (8 1/2 x 11 landscaped, folded in half, printed duplex) containing 26 printed pages (9 sheets of paper). In order to get the pages to end up in sequential order, I need (using 2-page spread) to print page 2 with 20, 3 with 24, etc. I can set page numbers with master page and move them around to appear to have the correct number, but that backs them up to the wrong facing pages. If I keep the facing pages correctly, they get numbered sequentially, which means they'll be out of sequence when printed and folded. ...

get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others
I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to appear the same way whenever I type the word "great" One way Format>conditional format>formula is>=a1="great"><select formating> Adjust cell location as required HTH "anton" wrote: > I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to > appear the same way whenever I type the word "great" Use conditional formatting, select the range of cells wheer you wan "great" to be coloured purple, then from the for...

Unreal auto numbering
Word autonumber in a. b�. format in 2003 is: a. b .. .. .. z. aa. bb. cc. .. .. zz. aaa. bbb. Is it still that way in 2007. Yes. You can use fields to create Excel style numbering; see http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/NbrFAQ.htm#XLTypeNr. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Al Almoian" <alex1770@att.net> wrote in message news:Xns9CC64AB75C287alex1770attnet@138.125.254.103... > Word autonumber in a. b�. format in 2003 is: > a. > b > . > . > . > z. > aa. > bb. > cc. > . > . > zz. > a...

Category not automatically filling in when adding a transaction manually
Is it normal behavior to have to manually add the category when adding a transaction manually? If I let the transaction download from the bank it will add it automatically but I'd like to put my transactions in as I go but not have to go add the category, I'd like it to fill in automatically. Thanks neal.wilkinson@gmail.com wrote: > Is it normal behavior to have to manually add the category when adding > a transaction manually? > > If I let the transaction download from the bank it will add it > automatically but I'd like to put my transactions in as I go but no...

How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without opening
How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without opening each one? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com open with a loop>print>close -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "leon m via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:c8b68ead308a4c6487ba89e51726eece@OfficeKB.com... > How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without > opening each one? > > -- > Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Getting the query used in a view
Hi, I am trying to access the query used by a view. But it seems that the query is not contained anywhere but dynamically put together. The query api is "auto" according to the info on the web services and the database. Does anyone know how to contact this queryapi "auto" ?? or how this can be transformed into a fetch statement? Thank you, Federico. The query is auto generated by CRM. If you want the exact query, you could run a SQL profiler trace to get it. What are you going to use this query for? To get the info contained in that particular view into another ...

Number Format in Excel
When I type a nymber, it gets converted to that number divided by 100. For example if I type 100 in the cell, it gets converted to 1.00. How do we set it right? Hi Mary, In the menu Format Cells Number and make your selection with the number of decimals needed ... HTH Cheers Carim -- Carim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33259 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531785 Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab there is ...

How figure out color number(s) for particular color used in logo?
I know there's a way to figure out what color is used in a picture. It will tell you the correct color numbers (RED/GREEN/BLUE) associated with the particular color. How do I do it? -- Thank you. You need an image editor that has a color picker (often represented by an eyedropper). It lets you click on the color and it will tell you what it is. I think Paint.Net (free) has one, or Photoshop (not free). -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63631...

Count Number of Visible Rows in Filtered View
I use conditional formatting to color my rows according to the point in the sales process that contact is in. I often Filter rows by color. However, when I do so, if I want to know how many rows I have showing in that filtered view, I must count them! Does anyone know of a formula or script that would count how many rows are visible in the filtered view? Thanks in advance! magmike Use the SUBTOTAL function with the 103 function numbre : =SUBTOTAL(103,A:A) or =SUBTOTAL(103,A:A)-1 to substtract the header cell Daniel > I use conditional formatting to color my rows according to the point...

Payroll Manual Check Inquiry
We use manual checks to make adjustments to taxable wages. When we go to Check Inquiry, we can see the manual check but when we click on Transactions, this window is blank. How can we go back to see the original transaction to see the amounts that were entered? Do you get the same result when you go to Inquiry > Payroll > Transaction History for the employee(s) in question? If so, have you posted all your manual check batches? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://d...

Product Numbers
A long time ago there was a listing (I believe a KB article) that provided most of the known product numbers for dictionaries in Dynamics.set file. Can any one shed some light? The specific numbers I'm trying to track down are 258 and 346. Hi Thomas: I have a Dynamics.set for GP 9.0. This file show the 258 is for Project Accounting and 346 are for Manufacturing. Hope that helps, Valentin "Thomas R. Moore" wrote: > A long time ago there was a listing (I believe a KB article) that provided > most of the known product numbers for dictionaries in Dynamics.set file...

New Office Package
I recently purchased a computer with Microsoft Office Home And Student preinstalled (full version, not trial). It was right around Christmas and I've yet to really need to Office package until now. When I open a program it says I have 25 times to register with my product key, unfortunately, during the christmas rush I must have thrown out the CD and I know have no way to activate my package. Is there any thing I can do to solve this problem? When you start eg Word, how is described in about eg oem or? Generally if supplied with a PC preinstalled you would need to go back ...

Email address type
Hi All I'm not sure if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem so I submit it here as well. I am trying to send a fax from Word using the shared fax service, the server is a Small Business Server 2003 running Exchange. The Fax Wizard ask for recipient info, I open the address book and I see only a small subset of the recipients who have a FAX number. There is a field called "Email Address Type" which says FAX, and I suspect that those recipients have the email type set to SMTP and that it is the reason why they don't show up, but I'm not sure... Can anyone help please....

RPC over HTTPS without a Front End Server
Hi all, I have the following scenario: two 2003 servers as DC (SP1) One Exchange 2003 SP2 Since the Exchange server is located inside out network, I have opened the 443 port from the outside, so people will be able to use the webmail capabilities. The webmail works fine. I am trying to configure clients with Win XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2 to use the same method in order to connect to the exchange server. The connection fails on users authentication. It seems that the Outlook client is looking for a GC server (which he cannot find). I have used Outlook with the rpcdiag switch and it works f...

Concatenate fields without duplicating data
I have two tables that I'm creating a query with. Table 1 has Agent field and Table 2 has product field. I'm linking the tables by a primary key. Table 1 has some product names in the Agent field (Commercial, Residential, Commercial & Residential). I would like to concatenate all of the three product names from the Agent field in Table 1 to the product field in Table 2. Table 2 may already have that particular product name in the product field, in this case I should not concatenate it. In any case, I will need to delete these three product names from the Age...

OWA SSL port getting blanked every day
I'm running Exchange 2003 on a 2-node A/P cluster, and I set up a redirect to force OWA to use SSL. This has been running fine for over a year. Two days ago, I installed Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1. All seemed to go well, but on the morning after the upgrade, OWA stopped working. The SSL port in IIS was wiped clean. After setting it back to 443 in IIS manager, OWA started working. But the same thing happened again the next morning. Why is the SSL port number getting erased in IIS, and how do I fix it? By the way, the SSL port field in the Exchange System Ma...

How can I get a comment ID to roll down to all previously entered
I have about 1600 recurring orders that transfer to invoices every month. I have been told that I now need to include a general comment on each one (at the bottom of the invoice). If I create a comment ID in the sales series, will it automatically update all of the previously entered orders? Or do I have to go into each order and modify it? Is there a way to set it so each new order I create automatically has this comment on it? I have Microsoft Dynamics GP You can set an order or invoice ID to have a default Comment ID by going to: Tools > Setup > Sales > Sales Order Proc...

Count number times text appears in string
A 1 Module: C126, Module: C130, Module: C138, Module: C105 Can any help me write a function that would return the count of a specified text in a cell. For example for the string in cell A1 I would like to know how many times does the text 'Module' appear. Try =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Module",)))/LEN("module") OR with the text string in cell B1 =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,)))/LEN(B1) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you want to have an word Match try the below formula. In the ...