how do i get back deleted worksheets?

I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and would like
to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on my computer but
that didn't do anything for me.
0
Roy (65)

Mr Roy wrote:
> I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and
> would like to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on
> my computer but that didn't do anything for me.

System Restore does *not* restore data, as the dialog box says when you use
it. Your only hope is a backup.

0
GordonBP1 (262)
1/2/2005 4:24:02 PM
Roy,

Unfortunately, any sheet operation (Insert, Rename, Delete, etc.) is not
undoable.  The delete is totally destructive (you can always manually rename
again, etc.)  That's why the message appears when you use Delete.  By
"permanently delete," it means you can't undo it, though that's not made
clear at all in the message.  Some day in the far future, sitting around
with your grandchildren, you can tell them proudly that Microsoft has fixed
this.  It isn't likely to happen before then, I fear.

For future reference, important files can be saved with "version numbers" in
the file name, or something similar.  I use My File-1.xls, My File-2.xls,
etc.  Don't be afraid to let that number climb.  Increment it with any
change in the file you want to.  I do this regularly with project files.
You never know.  You can always save the latest, working file, to an
unnumbered name, "My File.xls."

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Mr Roy" <Mr Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and would
>like
> to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on my computer but
> that didn't do anything for me.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
1/2/2005 4:54:35 PM
Some additional information Roy.

"System Restore" is simply that....it restores the "system" configuration but
does not restore any data files.

It is not a backup feature.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:54:35 -0500, "Earl Kiosterud" <nothanks@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Roy,
>
>Unfortunately, any sheet operation (Insert, Rename, Delete, etc.) is not
>undoable.  The delete is totally destructive (you can always manually rename
>again, etc.)  That's why the message appears when you use Delete.  By
>"permanently delete," it means you can't undo it, though that's not made
>clear at all in the message.  Some day in the far future, sitting around
>with your grandchildren, you can tell them proudly that Microsoft has fixed
>this.  It isn't likely to happen before then, I fear.
>
>For future reference, important files can be saved with "version numbers" in
>the file name, or something similar.  I use My File-1.xls, My File-2.xls,
>etc.  Don't be afraid to let that number climb.  Increment it with any
>change in the file you want to.  I do this regularly with project files.
>You never know.  You can always save the latest, working file, to an
>unnumbered name, "My File.xls."
>
>--
>Earl Kiosterud
>mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
>"Mr Roy" <Mr Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and would
>>like
>> to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on my computer but
>> that didn't do anything for me.

0
Gord

Excel Addin not getting loaded
Hi All, I have an addin developed in C# for Excel. But it is not getting loaded when excel is loaded. I have added the Addin ProgID key to the following location. (XXXAddin.Connect) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Addin Any ideas what is getting wrong? -Sarang Bapat ...

Recover deleted excel-files on usb-stick
I accidently deleted an usb-stick with lots of important excel-files. Has anyone by experience managed to undelete and recover them and cab give me the name of an undelete/recover program. I already tried a lot of them, but none of them did the job (or seems to can do the job for demo versions). What wondered me is that of some worksheets lots of (deleted) copies exist on the stick, with different dates. But when I view them with these programs I find things that do not belong to these sheets even in the last version of the sheet. And I did not save anything on the usb stick after this ...

deleting and shrinking journals
I deleted journal using this statement- delete from journal where [time] <'2008-01-01' all my journals were deleted up to the 01-05-2008. did i do something wrong? Also, i shrink the table journal using this statement- truncate table journal. The result i got was -1 record(s) affected. Again did i do something wrong? i am running ver1.2 and ver1.3 at two different stores. Please assist. Dexter hi dexter, Please before you always do anything make sure to know what you are doing, the first statement is so far good no problem it will delete the data from the journal table wh...

Getting the size of a menu
Hi all, I've been looking for this on the newsgroups and on various sites, but haven't found an answer (a lot of similar questions though). I want to get the width of a menu before showing it. This is what I tried: CSize GetMenuSize(HWND parentWnd, HMENU hMenu) { ASSERT(hMenu != NULL); int nItemCount = ::GetMenuItemCount(hMenu); int nWidth = 0, nHeight = 0; for (int i=0; i<nItemCount; i++) { CRect rect; ::GetMenuItemRect(parentWnd, hMenu, i, &rect); nHeight += rect.Height(); nWidth = max(nWidth, rect.Width()); } return CSize(nWidth, nHeight); } This actually ...

Getting a useful Auto Scale
I have a chart showing number of calls per employee as a column graph and duration of calls as a line graph together. The scale is automatic. The scale for the number of calls works great. The scale for the duration works, but it doesn't use nice numbers. For example, if my employee with the longest duration is currently at 01:55:43 (hh:mm:ss), the top of the scale shows 02:09:36. I want to keep it on automatic, but I want it to use nicer numbers, like 02:00:00 or 02:15:00 instead of 02:09:36. Is there any easy way to do this? If not, is there any way to do this? Thanks, sb1920alk...

Getting populated fields to automatically skip to the next field
Hello, I've got a working form and after entering data for each field, I press tab and it skips to the next field which is working okay, But, I'd prefer it to automatically skip after I have entered the correct data for each field without doing the above. Is there an easy way to accomplish this without getting to detailed? Also, How can I make the Enter key work on the last field in the form? Right now, I have to use the Tab key on the last field also to end the record. Thanks for any help in advance. -- Best regards, Donald Ramer donaldramer@comcast.net ?You want Acce...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...

Excel Report Builder report is deleting the last column from SQL v
I am using Excel Reports in conjunction with Smartconnect. After about a dozen smartconnect connections and refreshes of data from GP in my excel report, the original SQL view created from the Excel Report Builder deletes the last column from the SQL view. I am now unable to refresh my excel report because of an "invalid column name". The only work around at this point is to re-publish my excel report from the excel report builder tool; however, this is not the preferred method of resolution. Any other suggestions? I just had this happened - I thought someone must h...

Change cell back color on click
This must be very obvious to you guys, but can you advise a newbie to Excel VBA programming (not too bad in Access VBA) how to do the following: I want to click highlight a cell, then click on a button and change the cell back color to say Red ? Simple... any help please ? Thanks Mat Sub TurnRed() Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub Bob Umlas, MVP FYI, I'll be leading a LIVE 1-hour FREE webinar on tips & tricks on January 27 from 4-5 PM est. It's done from your computer. To find out more & register, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellowish rectangle on t...

Delayed Delivery
In 2002 I could forward a drafted message with a delay of so many days. It would actually SEND the composed mail to the server which would hold it until the specified date/time of delivery. No worries left for me, I could shut down my pc and leave and it would still get delivered I updated to 2003 (required at work) and tried to do this and it keeps saving the mail in my outbox without sending it to the server... THIS IS BAD. I know you say I should leave my PC on, but I'm not supposed to, but I still need that message delivered at exactly that time... How can I fix this and force it to s...

How do I make front and back pages line up for duplex printing?
There is an 1/3 inch offset between the front and back pages of my duplex document. I tried manually moving both pages 1/16 inch to correct the misalignment, but that didn't correct the problem. I cannot find a way to correct the offset within the Publisher application. Can anyone help me? Thanks dcoaz wrote: > There is an 1/3 inch offset between the front and back pages of my duplex > document. I tried manually moving both pages 1/16 inch to correct the > misalignment, but that didn't correct the problem. > > I cannot find a way to correct the offset within the...

Have to hit delete twice in Unread Mail
While in Unread Mail, I used to be able to hit delete one time and the message would go to my Deleted Items folder but no longer be in the Unread Mail folder. Now when I hit delete, the message goes to the deleted items folder but stays in the unread mail folder. I have to hit delete again for it to go away. I understand the logic of this. The message is still unread when I delete it the first time, hence having to do it again. But I didn't have to do this before. It always left the unread mail folder the first time. I tried setting mail to show as read after 1 second in the readin...

Help! Cannot delete an orphaned merge push subscription
I have inherited a subscription to a remote database that is no longer required. Turns out the remote server has been decommisioned but I still cannot delete the local subscription in SSMS. When I try to delete it, I get - "Invalid object name sysmergearticles." How can I make this orphaned subscription disappear from SSMS? ...

Moving Objects in a Worksheet
Hello: I would like to move objects depending upon inputted criteria. For example, if I have the word "apple" in cell A1, I want to move a box around the world Apple in a list. So far, I can record a macro moving an object and get the commands like: Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -81# or Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft 35.25 , but I don't know how to say go "here" or "there". Is there a way to have an object move to a specific location by say some sort of grid address vs. saying go left 35.25 units? Also, what does the # after the number m...

How to get SOP-GL distributions.
Hello GP Community, I've been tasked with creating a report that shows a posted invoice and all of the lines (from the SOP30300) table, but then I also need to show the GL distributions for each invoice line item. This would be fine if each line item had only one GL line in GL30000, but that's not always the case. It appears that a line in SOP30300 can have one or more lines in the GL30000 table (in my case one line item has 4 different GL distributions). The GL30000 table has a field called ORDOCNUM which allows me to link based on the document number, but I would also need the SO...

Changing Behavior when deleting a message
When deleting a message in Outlook 2002 inbox window, is it possible for the next message selected be the next message in the inbox window? Currently, it defaults back to the first message in the inbox window. Thanks for any help provided in advance. Sincerly Nathan Bloom >When deleting a message in Outlook 2002 inbox window, is >it possible for the next message selected be the next >message in the inbox window? Click "Tools>Options>Preferences" and click "E-mail options". Make sure the "After moving or deleting and open item:" drop-down s...

Getting email into address book
I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, but I have 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, but How to I get them into the address Book...automatically. On 10/18/03 02:45 PM, in article BBB702A6.36E%loey@loeyart.com, "loey@loeyart.com" <loey@loeyart.com> wrote: > I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, The is the most recently used. More info on MRU: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#anchor-10> >but I have > 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, b...

Integration manager
Can anyone give me any advice for integration manager renaming source files? I have 3 source files to bring in the details for sales invoices. They are csv files. After the integration has been run, I am trying to rename the files to append today's date to the files. I had found some code that I copied and it appeared to create new files with the date attached but I have to delete the original files (I am bringing in Sales Invoices from another system and the extract on that will fail if the files exist). Have tried using the various combination of scripts available in articles in P...

Some New Email go straight to the Delete Folder
Hi need your help here, Some end users claimed that some emails go straight to the delete folder, and I check the block sender list which is empty and some of them are no block the sender's email...which is really weird...can anyone help me on this? thanks! John Lee ...

Get event of "TrackPopupMenu"
After I pop up a TrackPopupMenu, how do I know it disappear? Kevin Tang wrote: >After I pop up a TrackPopupMenu, how do I know it disappear? TrackPopupMenu is synchronous, so when the function returns, the menu has disappeared. -- Doug Harrison Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ ...

Get DTS datapump source columns
Hello, Using VB.NET 2008 Express edition. Added a reference to DTS Package Object Library (DTS.dll) I am having no trouble looping through tasks and steps. However, when I come across datapumps, I have a need to get the source column names, but cannot figure out how to access them. They do not appear to be included in the Task.Properties collection. Can anyone help me out?? Thanks, Mark I'd move back to vb6, buddy seriously, sorry.. I miss DTS / Vb6.. It blows my mind that we can't save a SSIS package as a VB.net script. On May 20, 8:24=A0am, Mark <...

Unable to delete file
Win XP Pro SP3 I downloaded a data file which I knew was a picture. Copied it and changed the copied file extension to jpg so that I could see it. I now cannot delete the original file. The properties of which say : Type of file: File and Size : zero bytes The error says "cannot read from the source file or disk" The filename ends in a dot which seems to be significant, why is this and how can I get it off my desktop. Google did not reveal anything specific. I actually struggled to form a sensible question ! TIA "joe" <joe@ebox.com&...

How do you get option quotes in MS Money with new symbols
Does anyone know how to get the new symbol option quotes into the Portfolio Manager within MS Money? The symbol format changed on 1/25/2010 from the old format (ex.. Dell february 13 put was .dlyno) which is no longer valid. Go out to MSN Money and loop up the Options chain: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=DELL Don't know whether or not those new symbols will work within Money though? -Mark "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F25DEBF-B785-44FE-96D6-75477C8B2164@microsoft.com... > Does anyone ...

i deleted the menu !
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) was trying to delete a document from the "work" pull down menu and followed directions in this forum, which resulted in the total deletion of my pull down menu's to the right of my open apple button! help! 1) how do i restore my main pull down menus? and 2) how do i get old docs out of the "work" pull down menu once i've got the main menu back, since i obviously did it incorrectly. thanks! Ok. its back! How strange is that.... so nevermind, except i still have docs i want out of the work menu .... Help!...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uptadesonly.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side Above search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...