How do I get a percent in excel. ex 24 out of 32

How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24?
0
snowynoe (1)

=A2/A1 formatted as a percentage

or

=B2/A2%

depending on what you want to see and do with the answer

Regards

Trevor

"snowynoe" <snowynoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24?

0
Trevor9259 (673)
8/22/2005 5:49:33 PM
The key is to know that percentage is merely a fraction multiplied by 100.
A1*100/A2 (with 24 in A1 and 32 in A2) will work but the magic of Excel to
give 75 but you need to recall it is a percent. Actually must percentages
are used just a fractions without multiplying by 100. SO =A1/A2 give 0.75
but format is as percent and it displays 75%.
Half of something (0.5) is 50% of something. If I want 1/2 of $520 I
multiply by 0.5 (or divide by 2); if I want 50% then I should multiply by 50
and divide by 100. Excel makes it easy by displaying 50% but storing 0.5.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"snowynoe" <snowynoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

How to get every conytols
Hi Guys, I'm working on Word 2007 and creating a form input user. I'm doing this for a user that have Office 2003, so I have a compatibility mode template document. It also include VBA code. What i need to do is to read every existing text control. Theses controls are ActiveX. I always have used: For Each xControl In Controls If TypeOf xControl Is TextBox Then xControl.value="" End If Next xControl But now in Word 2007 in compatibility mode I do not know how to do it, becuase there is not "Controls" in the ActiveDocument. ...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

Excel 97 #11
How can I change a spreadsheet , so that it opens on sheet 1 every tim someone goes into it , when working on the spreadsheet, it will ope the last page that a save was done on. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your 1st question. Save at the sheet desired or use an auto_open macro in a regular module or a workbook_open event in the ThisWorkbook module that uses sheets("yoursheetname").select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EADesktop >" <<EADesktop.163m60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EADesktop.163m6...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

excel process in the background
I'm trying to find a way of updating the excel spreadsheet without the excel application coming up on the users PC. We are getting input from the WEB and using that input to run a model and capture the data in an excel spreadsheet. Then manipulate the spreadsheet and create a summary Word document that will be emailed to the user. Then the user will be emailed with the summary data from the excel document. The thing is that this will be running on some server and I don't want the excel spreadsheet or application to actually come up on the PC. How can I suppress the applicati...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

How to get userform Cancel button to invoke Exit Sub in calling macro?
I have a userform that is called from inside a sub in a module of a workbook. In order to keep most of the code inside the module, the userform only sets variables in the sub. Here is the code in the sub: 'create and initialize variables Dim Bkp,XSub as Boolean Dim BkpSfx as String Bkp = True XSub = False 'call options box BackupOptionsBox.Show 'Set main subroutine variables Bkp = BackupOptionsBox.YesOption BkpSfx = "_" & BackupOptionsBox.SfxBox.Value ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

outlook express #32
password not remembered even tho box checked, just installed oe6 have Xp.what do i do ? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windo...

Excel worksheet merge
Hello all, I have searched google, but to no avail. Here goes. I have one set of excel worksheets (one is an exact link to the other) that I copied four times for a total of five. I moved the 1st worksheet of each to an individual folder. So what I am left with are the 5 link worksheets. Can I merge the links together? I have an Access db that I will use to process the info. I have linked the links to an Access db and it works. Except I have 5 dbs instead of the one that I really need. The fields are the same in all linked dbs. My question is- should or can I merge before access and i...

I cannot get "Send" to show up in Toolbar
I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. vincem wrote: > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? > Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. Have you set up an email account? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "Gordon" wrote: > vincem wrote: > > > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no &...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Excel pivot tbl
Brand new laptop w/Windows XP. Has Office 97 installed (first), than complete install of Office XP(second). Than install of PTSfull.exe (pivot table services that come w/ sql server analysis services service pack 2). Go to data manu - PivotTable and Pivot Chart report - External data source/Pivot table - Get Data - OLAP cubes - new data source - select an olap provider for the database you want to access - blank dropdown (no Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services or Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). Tried removing Office 97 & Office XP than installing PTS - sa...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Templates Excel XP
Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for templates for both business and personal use http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "sfrich1" <sfrich1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7C932BB-3DE7-440C-B4E0-511EC8527F07@microsoft.com... > Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for > templates for both business and personal use If you forget the address in the future, go to Excel's menu, and select Help | Microsoft Office Onl...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

When Excel Opens it Starts with Book2
Anyone know why excel would open to book2 and not book1. Hi Tracey! This means that a file with the Book1 name has already been saved. Find it using Start > Search > For Files and Folders Check the contents and either rename or delete. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Does Pocket Excel run VBAs?
I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? Hi F Chuck! Sorry but Pocket Excel does not support VBA. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "F Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076601c3c44f$78706c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work > in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? ...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...