How do I get a cell to remember the last entry and add to it?

I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and add 
an additional number each time I need to retotal.
0
JAB (19)
2/27/2005 11:17:04 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

7 Replies
548 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

Jab

Sounds like you want that cell to be an accumlator cell.

Simple question with complex results.

You can have a cumulative total in a cell if you have a
separate source cell for adding a new total to the original.

Use at your own risk.  I am Posting this just to show you how it can
be done, not as a good solution. You would be much better off to
have another column so you can keep track of past entries.

Goes like this:  =IF(CELL("address")="$C$4",C4+D4,D4)

Enter this in cell D4 and then in Tools>Options>Calculation check
Iterations and set to 1.

Now when you change the number in C4, D4 will accumulate.

Note 1.  If C4 is selected and a calculation takes place anywhere in
the Application D4 will update even if no new number is entered in
C4.  NOT GOOD.

Note 2.  This operation is not recommended because you will have no
"paper trail" to follow.  Any mistake in entering a new number in C4
cannot be corrected.  NOT GOOD.

To clear out the accumulated total in D4 and start over, select D4
and Edit>Enter.

Check out Laurent Longre's MoreFunc.xla.  Has a Function RECALL
which does what you want without the re-calculation problem, but
again there is no "paper trail" for back-checking in case of errors
in data input.

http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm

Having said that, check out J.E. McGimpsey's site for VBA methods.

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html


Gord Dibben Excel MVP


On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:17:04 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and add 
>an additional number each time I need to retotal.

0
Gord
2/27/2005 11:50:12 PM
Thanks for youir help, I wantn't try that method its to risky.  

I my form, I have three columns I am work with.  I am making a spread sheet 
so I can keep up with how must of a items is used for week to week. I want to 
be able to enter a number in one column, say 50 that will be the fix amount.  
I then want to have another colum to enter the items used that week, and them 
another column to keep a track of how many been used for the project.  Could 
you help me, Thanks

"jab" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and add 
> an additional number each time I need to retotal.
0
JAB (19)
2/28/2005 3:01:02 AM
Gord,

Could it perhaps be done in  a safer way by putting the the accumulated 
value of the cell in its cell comment each time a new value is entered in 
the cell; or the other way round, the newly entered value in the comment and 
the accumulated value in the cell.
This way no extra column is needed.
To my regret it would not be easy - or even not possible - for me to write 
the code, but for you it's peanuts, I'm sure of that.

Could this be a solution that Jab can live with?

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schreef in bericht 
news:r2n421hnveva499luh83rjjoi19vt2q1uv@4ax.com...
> Jab
>
> Sounds like you want that cell to be an accumlator cell.
>
> Simple question with complex results.
>
> You can have a cumulative total in a cell if you have a
> separate source cell for adding a new total to the original.
>
> Use at your own risk.  I am Posting this just to show you how it can
> be done, not as a good solution. You would be much better off to
> have another column so you can keep track of past entries.
>
> Goes like this:  =IF(CELL("address")="$C$4",C4+D4,D4)
>
> Enter this in cell D4 and then in Tools>Options>Calculation check
> Iterations and set to 1.
>
> Now when you change the number in C4, D4 will accumulate.
>
> Note 1.  If C4 is selected and a calculation takes place anywhere in
> the Application D4 will update even if no new number is entered in
> C4.  NOT GOOD.
>
> Note 2.  This operation is not recommended because you will have no
> "paper trail" to follow.  Any mistake in entering a new number in C4
> cannot be corrected.  NOT GOOD.
>
> To clear out the accumulated total in D4 and start over, select D4
> and Edit>Enter.
>
> Check out Laurent Longre's MoreFunc.xla.  Has a Function RECALL
> which does what you want without the re-calculation problem, but
> again there is no "paper trail" for back-checking in case of errors
> in data input.
>
> http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm
>
> Having said that, check out J.E. McGimpsey's site for VBA methods.
>
> http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html
>
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
>
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:17:04 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote:
>
>>I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and 
>>add
>>an additional number each time I need to retotal.
> 


0
j.sons (216)
2/28/2005 8:50:08 AM
Jab

You could use a worksheet_change event macro to enter the contents of the
input cell into column B at the next available empty row.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
   On Error GoTo stoppit
   Application.EnableEvents = False
   If Target.Address = "$A$2" And Target.Value <> "" Then
   ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _
  .Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
 End If
stoppit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Right-click on your sheet tab and select "View Code".  Copy the above code
into the module that opens.

Using A2 as the input cell, any new number entered will be automatically
placed into Column B(starting at B2)at the next available empty row.

I would enter in C2  =Sum(B:B)  or =Sum(B2:B500).  Whatever you think you need
to gather all future values in Column B.

Now you have a "paper trail" and a Totalizer cell(C2)

Note: if a mistake is made in last entered number in A2 , you will have to
delete the contents of the last cell in Column B then re-enter in A2.


Gord

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:02 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for youir help, I wantn't try that method its to risky.  
>
>I my form, I have three columns I am work with.  I am making a spread sheet 
>so I can keep up with how must of a items is used for week to week. I want to 
>be able to enter a number in one column, say 50 that will be the fix amount.  
>I then want to have another colum to enter the items used that week, and them 
>another column to keep a track of how many been used for the project.  Could 
>you help me, Thanks
>
>"jab" wrote:
>
>> I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and add 
>> an additional number each time I need to retotal.

0
Gord
2/28/2005 5:03:22 PM
Jack

I'm not sure how to do that or whether or not it would be safer.

Sounds like it would still give no paper trail and be difficult to check for
errors.

Perhaps one of the "real" programmers could devise a method?


Gord

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:50:08 +0100, "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>Could it perhaps be done in  a safer way by putting the the accumulated 
>value of the cell in its cell comment each time a new value is entered in 
>the cell; or the other way round, the newly entered value in the comment and 
>the accumulated value in the cell.
>This way no extra column is needed.
>To my regret it would not be easy - or even not possible - for me to write 
>the code, but for you it's peanuts, I'm sure of that.
>
>Could this be a solution that Jab can live with?
>
>Jack Sons
>The Netherlands
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schreef in bericht 
>news:r2n421hnveva499luh83rjjoi19vt2q1uv@4ax.com...
>> Jab
>>
>> Sounds like you want that cell to be an accumlator cell.
>>
>> Simple question with complex results.
>>
>> You can have a cumulative total in a cell if you have a
>> separate source cell for adding a new total to the original.
>>
>> Use at your own risk.  I am Posting this just to show you how it can
>> be done, not as a good solution. You would be much better off to
>> have another column so you can keep track of past entries.
>>
>> Goes like this:  =IF(CELL("address")="$C$4",C4+D4,D4)
>>
>> Enter this in cell D4 and then in Tools>Options>Calculation check
>> Iterations and set to 1.
>>
>> Now when you change the number in C4, D4 will accumulate.
>>
>> Note 1.  If C4 is selected and a calculation takes place anywhere in
>> the Application D4 will update even if no new number is entered in
>> C4.  NOT GOOD.
>>
>> Note 2.  This operation is not recommended because you will have no
>> "paper trail" to follow.  Any mistake in entering a new number in C4
>> cannot be corrected.  NOT GOOD.
>>
>> To clear out the accumulated total in D4 and start over, select D4
>> and Edit>Enter.
>>
>> Check out Laurent Longre's MoreFunc.xla.  Has a Function RECALL
>> which does what you want without the re-calculation problem, but
>> again there is no "paper trail" for back-checking in case of errors
>> in data input.
>>
>> http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm
>>
>> Having said that, check out J.E. McGimpsey's site for VBA methods.
>>
>> http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html
>>
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:17:04 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> 
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and 
>>>add
>>>an additional number each time I need to retotal.
>> 
>

0
Gord
2/28/2005 5:06:17 PM
Jab and Gord,

I tried a lot and with very much help from Tim Williams I got the code 
below. Each time a new number is entered in a cell that new number is added 
to the content of the comment of that cell. So no need for extra columns. 
The last entry remains in the cell so it is "remembered" and the accumulated 
sum of all entries in that cell is in its comment. Is that what you where 
looking for Jab?

Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

 Dim cmt As Comment

  If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

On Error Resume Next
 Set cmt = Target.Comment
 On Error GoTo 0

 If cmt Is Nothing Then
     Set cmt = Target.AddComment(Text:="0")
 End If

 If cmt.Text <> "" Then
    cmt.Text CStr(Target.Value + CDbl(cmt.Text))
 End If

End Sub



"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schreef in bericht 
news:nhj6219sh1jqajecrqq48j4fa0bsugke76@4ax.com...
> Jab
>
> You could use a worksheet_change event macro to enter the contents of the
> input cell into column B at the next available empty row.
>
> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
>   On Error GoTo stoppit
>   Application.EnableEvents = False
>   If Target.Address = "$A$2" And Target.Value <> "" Then
>   ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _
>  .Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
> End If
> stoppit:
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> Right-click on your sheet tab and select "View Code".  Copy the above code
> into the module that opens.
>
> Using A2 as the input cell, any new number entered will be automatically
> placed into Column B(starting at B2)at the next available empty row.
>
> I would enter in C2  =Sum(B:B)  or =Sum(B2:B500).  Whatever you think you 
> need
> to gather all future values in Column B.
>
> Now you have a "paper trail" and a Totalizer cell(C2)
>
> Note: if a mistake is made in last entered number in A2 , you will have to
> delete the contents of the last cell in Column B then re-enter in A2.
>
>
> Gord
>
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:02 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for youir help, I wantn't try that method its to risky.
>>
>>I my form, I have three columns I am work with.  I am making a spread 
>>sheet
>>so I can keep up with how must of a items is used for week to week. I want 
>>to
>>be able to enter a number in one column, say 50 that will be the fix 
>>amount.
>>I then want to have another colum to enter the items used that week, and 
>>them
>>another column to keep a track of how many been used for the project. 
>>Could
>>you help me, Thanks
>>
>>"jab" wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and 
>>> add
>>> an additional number each time I need to retotal.
> 


0
j.sons (216)
3/4/2005 9:05:58 AM
Jack

Your code will just keep adding the current entered value to the value in the
comment box, but still has no "paper trail" or a way of correcting an
incorrect entry other than entering a negative of the incorrect entry and
re-entering the correct entry.

I prefer the listing of the numbers in a separate column so's I can check all
the inputs.


Gord

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:05:58 +0100, "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote:

>Jab and Gord,
>
>I tried a lot and with very much help from Tim Williams I got the code 
>below. Each time a new number is entered in a cell that new number is added 
>to the content of the comment of that cell. So no need for extra columns. 
>The last entry remains in the cell so it is "remembered" and the accumulated 
>sum of all entries in that cell is in its comment. Is that what you where 
>looking for Jab?
>
>Option Explicit
>
>Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>
> Dim cmt As Comment
>
>  If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
>
>On Error Resume Next
> Set cmt = Target.Comment
> On Error GoTo 0
>
> If cmt Is Nothing Then
>     Set cmt = Target.AddComment(Text:="0")
> End If
>
> If cmt.Text <> "" Then
>    cmt.Text CStr(Target.Value + CDbl(cmt.Text))
> End If
>
>End Sub
>
>
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schreef in bericht 
>news:nhj6219sh1jqajecrqq48j4fa0bsugke76@4ax.com...
>> Jab
>>
>> You could use a worksheet_change event macro to enter the contents of the
>> input cell into column B at the next available empty row.
>>
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
>>   On Error GoTo stoppit
>>   Application.EnableEvents = False
>>   If Target.Address = "$A$2" And Target.Value <> "" Then
>>   ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _
>>  .Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
>> End If
>> stoppit:
>> Application.EnableEvents = True
>> End Sub
>>
>> Right-click on your sheet tab and select "View Code".  Copy the above code
>> into the module that opens.
>>
>> Using A2 as the input cell, any new number entered will be automatically
>> placed into Column B(starting at B2)at the next available empty row.
>>
>> I would enter in C2  =Sum(B:B)  or =Sum(B2:B500).  Whatever you think you 
>> need
>> to gather all future values in Column B.
>>
>> Now you have a "paper trail" and a Totalizer cell(C2)
>>
>> Note: if a mistake is made in last entered number in A2 , you will have to
>> delete the contents of the last cell in Column B then re-enter in A2.
>>
>>
>> Gord
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:02 -0800, jab <jab@discussions.microsoft.com> 
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for youir help, I wantn't try that method its to risky.
>>>
>>>I my form, I have three columns I am work with.  I am making a spread 
>>>sheet
>>>so I can keep up with how must of a items is used for week to week. I want 
>>>to
>>>be able to enter a number in one column, say 50 that will be the fix 
>>>amount.
>>>I then want to have another colum to enter the items used that week, and 
>>>them
>>>another column to keep a track of how many been used for the project. 
>>>Could
>>>you help me, Thanks
>>>
>>>"jab" wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am using Excel 2000.  I want my cell to remember the number in it and 
>>>> add
>>>> an additional number each time I need to retotal.
>> 
>

0
Gord
3/4/2005 5:30:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Distribute an add-in using a URL
Hi! I'm trying to get an .xla file to load up in the Add-ins from a URL. I receive the following message when I try to add the URL link.."You cannot use an Internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network." ...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Last Question regarding ITems
I am unclear as to how I should take care of this item... Take for example I order a carton or case of items by I only sell these items by the single item. So in a case there is 36 or 48 or 60 of one item. How Should I enter this into RMS? I want to be able to buy 1 cs and recieve the inventory and have RMS automatically make it so that I have 36, 48 or 60 of them available. parent = case child = individual like items within case search help file for "parent child" "Pr0ject" <Pr0ject@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9E706E8-75B1-4E64-ACCF-72EAE...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Calendar Entries
It seems as if my calendar entries disapear after 6 months. I was not familiar with the archive feature so i would say "No" when asked to auto archive. Is there a way to keep 2-3 years worth of info just in the information store? Chad Graves ...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

Bug in excel fundamantal add-function
Hi Where can I report a bug in excel? OK I try this group. Try this A1 = -621,2 A2 = 2 A3 = 1 A4 = -540,2 A5 = 175 A6 = 986,4 A7 = SUM(A1:A6) A7 must be 3 - but try to have 13 decimals...!!! is this a BUG? I think so Using Danish XP and danish 2002 SP3 No, it's not a bug. It's a "feature" of XL using IEEE double precision floating point math. Most numbers can't be exactly represented in a finite number of binary digits, just as 1/3 can't be exactly represented by a finite number of decimal digits. You can use ROUND() to round to zero if it's necessary. ...

How do you change to currency in a table and add columns?
I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the table content to be able to quick sum columns. Help?! Use Excel which is designed for that work. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Duprey72" <Duprey72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB852A4-D4AF-44FF-8F89-AC4B110D080C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons > how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the tabl...

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...

How to slot cell values into pre-defined ranges
I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have 15 bins. pls help Not sure what you want here. Do you want to count the number of times values within a range occur? -- Ian -- "KDD" <KDD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766017CE-A55E-42FF-AD8D-9E74E48CD568@microsoft.com... >I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges > (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have > 15 > bins. > > pls...

how do I add music to my web page
I'm a new publisher user and want to add music to my web page to create some atmosphere , cant figure out how to do this , can anyone help??? Go to Format > Background > Background Sound. But...think three times before you do this. Many to most people are alienated by background music, and you will alienate those viewers, and drive them away from your site. In the future, please post your web related questions to the web group: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try to help you there. Thanks. DavidF "foamdancer" <foamdancer@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Get Good Jobs In UK
Simple Get you GOOD jobs in UK At http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf Due to High Security Risk I have Hidden the Videos In an Image In that Website On Below Search Box Click On Image And Watch Videos. http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf ...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

getting the OS on a CD
I just bought a Toshiba netbook running WinXP SP3. It didn't come with a CD containing the OS. What's the best way to get the CD (in case of need later on)? Do I ask Toshiba for it or Microsoft? Thank you! Jo-Anne "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> said this in news item news:uS0oqVyjKHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I just bought a Toshiba netbook running WinXP SP3. It didn't come with a > CD containing the OS. What's the best way to get the CD (in case of need > later on)? Do I ask Toshiba for it or Microsoft? > > Th...

graph creation from table using cells with links not possible
Hello, I have problem with MS Excel 2003. It´s impossible to create a graph from the table which is automatically fullfilled by the links to another sheet. I have to fullfill the table manually (numbers not links to them are physically in the cells) and only then I´m able to create the graph correctly. Is there some possibillity, how to create a graph from the table wich has links instead real numbers in the cells? Thanks for Your ideas. Regards, Bobr. ...

Data Entry for Budgets in Project Accounting is inefficient
The following is a typical complaint about data entry in the budget screen for Project Accounting. It's definitely wasn't designed to be efficient for data entry and allow quick changes to the budget items. How this screen passed QA is beyond me. Common User Comment: "As part of entering in our budgets for a project we delete any cost categories that are not budgeted. To do this takes a lot of time, because you can only delete one category at a time, and when you do, the screen comes back with your cursor at the top of the screen and thus you have to scroll back down to ...

Undo data entry on lost focus?
My form has a bit of code in it where, OnActivate, it will go to a new record. This is great for the purpose it was intended, but has the unfortunate side- effect of pulling a new record whenever someone moves to another open object (form, table, whatever)- so if a user is having a particularly ADHD-day, or feels the need to compulsively "check their work," I could end up with multiple bad records. In an effort to user-proof this a bit, I inserted a bit of code in the OnDeactivate event, which goes like this: Private Sub Form_Deactivate() If Me.Dirty Then If Cur...

Autofilter Is Missing Some Entries
I have Autofilter turned on, and one of the columns is Check#. The column is formatted as text. Some of my check numbers do not appear in the list when I click on the Autofilter arrow-button. There are no leading spaces or invisible characters in the cells. I can't figure out why they don't show up... Any suggestions? Mae, the AutoFilter is limited to 1000 entries, do you have more than that? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using ...

How to get all HTML elements include the javascript dynamic created???
How to get all HTML elements include the javascript dynamic created??? I want to write a program same to walkall.(a MSDN sample, it can retrieve all elements in HTML). It's easy to implement on static HTML pages. we can use IHTMLDocument2::get_all interface of MSHTML. but in dynamic HTML pages, (eg. the javascript dynamic create a HTML node). the IHTMLDocument2::get_all doesn't get the dynamic created elements. thru MSDN, I only find the interface called IHTMLScriptElement, but seems lack use. how to solve it? thank you very much! MSN:madmanahong@hotmail.com ...