How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

0
Aerogel (1)

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel
I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation (minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble. Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since Excel counts time as the fraction of a day). So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2: =A2/B2/1440 Then format C2 using a custom...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Excel's localization of scientific notation
Does Excel use "E+" and "E-" for scientific notation for all locales? Or are there some locales for which it uses different characters? Thanks, Greg I'm pretty sure that the E is universal. If it were not, it would have been in the list of international symbols. Look here for more info about international issues: http://www.rondebruin.nl/international.htm#strings -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Greg Lovern" <gregl@gregl.net> wrote in message news:82e5afbe-a4ba-4f5f-ac41-ac7b41519d67@h40g2000prf.googl...

2003 excel
I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the "r". Can anyone help ? Assume data in col A Select the col, then apply conditional formatting using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1)) Format to taste > OK out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,400 Files:356 Subscribers:53 xdemechanik --- "Dave" wrote: > I would like to change the cell color if ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Transfer Macro in Excel
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

retrieving data from Great Plains via eConnect
Hi, I've been working with eConnect for the last two weeks and have had success with importing a variety of transactions into Great Plains. However, I'd like to query Great Plains on demand and have data returned to me. For example, given a certain field value (like customer name = "Smith"), I'd like to have all customer records returned that match that specified value. Is there any way to do this easily with eConnect? I'm not so interested in the Transaction Requester Service because that seems to be focused more on automatically returning records that have...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...