how do i find out what is uncommon in column list A1: A10 and B1:. #2

i want to compare data in list 1 in column A with list 2 in column B and make
a column C which shows data which is not in A

A               B                  C
apple         apple            cat
cat             ball              rubber
ball            dog
rubber
dog

0
ykas (1)

Try the following...

C1, copied down:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$5,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$3,$A$1:$A$5)=0,ROW($A$1:$A$5)-R
OW($A$1)+1),ROWS($C$1:$C1)))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article <DC89B66F-07D9-4262-801D-92ACB053C4B5@microsoft.com>,
 "ykas" <ykas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i want to compare data in list 1 in column A with list 2 in column B and make
> a column C which shows data which is not in A
>
> A               B                  C
> apple         apple            cat
> cat             ball              rubber
> ball            dog
> rubber
> dog
0
domenic22 (716)
4/12/2005 1:11:54 PM
 you could try following macro
Sub Macrounique()

For Each cell In Range("a:a")
Range("b:b").Select
On Error GoTo myerr
Selection.Find(What:=cell, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
        LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
        MatchCase:=False).Activate
        Next cell
myerr:
Range("c5536").End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0) = cell.Value
 Resume Next
End Sub

"ykas" wrote:

> i want to compare data in list 1 in column A with list 2 in column B and make
> a column C which shows data which is not in A
>
> A               B                  C
> apple         apple            cat
> cat             ball              rubber
> ball            dog
> rubber
> dog

0
Tina (84)

Server Error Message #2
When trying to upload changed pages, I am now getting a Server Error: Cannot close file "service.cnf". Does anybody have any idea what this is? Thanks, Craig ...

adding 2 columns where
Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. column C contains $$ amounts. I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. what is the statement?? thank you!! See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F795D87-AE43-45FA-9937-81D1B9AD1A28@microsoft.com... > Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. > column C contains $$ amounts. > > I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. > > what is the statement?? > > t...

IS there a way to find the name of GIF file over Excel cell
Please help, please!!!! Is there a way to find the name of GIF image over a sheet cell. these images are small tick marks and I need to store the count of these images into each respective cell. There can be upto 3 GIF images at the top left side of a cell. Thanks -- gggkkk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gggkkk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29653 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493640 Please check your other posts. One of them has a suggestion. gggkkk wrote: ...

Appending list name to distribution list postings.
Hi Chaps/Ladies, Is there anyway in Exchange 2003 to get it to append the dstribution list name to mails sent to a distribution list. On our existing mail server which we are migrating away from, for example I have a mailing list called wibble@nospam.com and then users post to the group, it automatically appends [wibble] to the subject so users get something like: Subject: [wibble] Where has wobble gone? Is there anyway to do this in Exchange, and whilst I am here what are the custom attributes for in the distribution groups, the help section covering them is very vague..... -- nntpuser ...

import contact list from comcast to outlook
how do you import your contacts from Comcast email to Outlook. Please help Richard A google search using the term "comcast.net export contacts" will provide the answer One of many pages related to the question that will appear in the results: How To Export Your Address Book From Comcast Webmail http://www.watchingthenet.com/export-address-book-contacts-from-comcast-webmail.html As a reference, this may also provide some insight to the question posed How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Karl -- _________________________...

money on 2 computers
I have money 2001 installed on my laptop and would like to use it on my desktop. I am running a wireless network to share data, but am conserned if something happened to my laptop I will not be able to acess my money account. I'm not sure what your worry is - it is quite legal to have Money installed on your desktop and your laptop. "Jay" <jprill@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:0d5601c383bc$c0b47c90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have money 2001 installed on my laptop and would like to > use it on my desktop. I am running a wireless network to > share data, but am ...

XY Scatter Graph using Columns of Y and X coordinates
Hi, I'm trying to build an XY Scatter Graph. I want to have: * "Opportunity" on the Y axis * "Capabilities" on the X axis * I'd like to have each XY coordinate labeled with a number. Here is some of the data I am using: # A Capabilities 1 4.9 3.8 2 4.1 4.8 3 4.1 3.5 4 3.9 3.3 When I use the XY Scatter graph in Excel, I get: using Columns: both "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" numbers charted on the Y axis with "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" eac...

How do I get the same results with Publisher on 2 different comput
A document produced with Publisher 2003 on my computer shows much smaller line spacing on another computer with the same version. Any suggestions? Different printers? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ngboyo" <ngboyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BEAD6EF-3F5D-47E1-B3DC-E3D8F769454E@microsoft.com... >A document produced with Publisher 2003 on my computer shows much smaller > line spacing on another computer with the same version. Any suggestions? Is this reference to the appearance on screen or in printed form.. if on screen, are ...

Custom Chart/ Line-Column Type
I am doing a Line/Column chart on the custom chart tab. I cannot get the chart to work the way I want it to. I am charting for different types of data. I want 3 of the types of data to show up as a column and one row of data to show up as the line. However, it keeps reverting back to the 2 columns, 2 lines that it is programmed to do. Is there anyway to change it and customize it to do what I want it to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Make your own custom chart. Plot all four series as columns, then right click on the one, select chart type from the pop up menu, and...

Find and replace multiple statements simultaneously?
hello! Just wondering, is there an easy way to find and replace severa statements at once? eg. I have a spreadsheet full of information on hotels. One colum lists the airport code of the nearest airport to each hotel. However, would like to change all the codes to the actual airport names. So, fo example, i want "LHR" to become "London Heathrow". As my spreadsheet has around 3000 hotels and over 20 differen airports, and I will also be receiving new spreadsheets showing th airport codes instead of their names every week, I'd like do a Find Replace on all the codes...

Update to Windows 7 but can't find IE8 on computer...
Could use some help here...can't find a download for IE8 for W7 on your website either...very frustrating...going MAC as soon as I can afford... Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est cabuckeye55 wrote: > Could use some help here...can't find a download for IE8 for W7 on your > website either...very frustrating...going MAC as soon as I can afford... You already have it. (It ain't our Website. No one here works for MS). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "cabuckeye55"...

loyalty program #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C882D3.785250B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CHICAGO CASH REGISTER Daniel Buntic Daniel@chicagocashregister.com 847-965-9500 I need a loyalty program that has en expirations date. For example after a year it should expire and the customer needs to renew the loyalty program. ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C882D3.785250B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD...

Mailbox Migration #2
Hi! I have two separate AD structure. One hat Windows 2000 ÁD and the other Windows 2003 AD. In each AD I have Exchange server: 1) In Windows 200 AD: an EXchange 2000 Server 2) In Windows 2003 AD: an Exchnage 2003 Server I want to migrate all Mailboxes from Exchnage 2000 to Exchange 2003. How can I realize it without any AD migration? I want only transport mailboex and address lists (GAL). Any link for this process? Best Regards Mustafa 1.Use ADMT migration windows 2000 ad user account to windows 2003 2.Using Exmerge to export exchange 2000 all Mailbox to PST,and import PST to Exch...

columns
After upgrading to PUblisher 2003 from 2002, I have lost all the column formatting in a document, and cannt reformat in text boxes. There is no column button to select...when I try to format the text box and I have exhausted help functions - would appreciate any help.... Right-click the text box, click format text box, Text Box tab, the columns button is on this page. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "slm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962D74A6-8D2D-4D75-A59F-A5979E0E2766...

Marinzo online community #2
Dear all, Now you can join Marinzo.com, it=92s a new online community where you can find new friends, dating, lovers, and partners. Join marinzo.com to be one of its pioneers, it is new and can be customized due to your preferences, join now and feel free to give your feedback in order to feel comfortable with marinzo Join marinzo and after a while it will be your homepage or your only page Join now: www.marinzo.com Regards, Marinzo Team ...

Running balance #2
How do show a running balance in checking account register with Essentials? I suspect you don't. Essentials is such a cut down version that many features you might expect just aren't there! :-( As it won't read a previous Money file and online services time out after 12 months, most users here don't use it. Honestly if you are still in time, I would return for a refund and replace with one of the Plus versions. See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2008/default.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpm...

form events for not in list
I have a form with combo boxes which look up records in tables. the not in list event opens a new form which allows user to enter a new record into the table that the combo box control looks up data. i'd like the uncommitted content of the combo box of the original form to populate the text box in the newly opened form. once the 2nd form is completed and closed, i'd like the new data to be available in the combo box of the original form. opening the new form with a macro seems easy enought with the not in list event, but i'm having a hard time finding the right combination and sequ...

Blank e-mails #2
I sometimes get e-mails that are blank--no return e-mail address, no subject line, no message. Any idea why? Also, I periodically will send an e-mail and if the recipient hits reply, all I see is my original message to them. What's going on? ...

NEED HELP!!! trouble with Find Record
I am trying to create a "find patient" box for our company database. I created an "unbound" combo box in the forms view and went to "after update" in the properties section to create a macro. In the "unbound" combo box, I created 3 columns. Column 1 = Patient Name Column 2 = MDACC# (also known as patient medical #) Column 3 = Date (office visit date) The purpose of the 3 columns combo box is for the user to open a combo box and select the appropriate person and date to review it's data. Thus, the combo box will automatically display it's dat...

pdf attachments #2
Hi, I am using Outlook 97 and I am connected to a file server with Outlook Express. I have a lot of trouble sending emails with PDF attachments from my machine. My emails get rejected. However if I send the same email from the file server and with Outlook Express it works OK. Also, other PC's connected to the file server using Outlook Express don;t have any trouble sending pdf attachments. Apart from changing to Outlook Express, any thoughts on a fix ? Pedro ...

In An Outlook Mail In Folder I've Add a Customn Column
Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id to each received email. The column shows but i cant enter any data in to it? Any iadeas? Trev Modify the view to turn on "in-cell editing." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Trevor Aiston" <TrevorAiston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F2A60E-E255-4D1F-9D1B-EC0DFF480B6A@microsoft.com... > Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id t...

Error with pst file over 2 gigs
Hi everyone, a colleague of mine has a pst file over 2 gigs and Outlook won=B4t open it. scanpst won=B4t do anything, either. I heard there is a utility that repairs pst files over two gigs. Can anyone point me for some information? Thanks, from Spain http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm "JuanAdventure" <juanmagana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109755704.317423.257790@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... Hi everyone, a colleague of mine has a pst file over 2 gigs and Outlook won�t open it. scanpst won�t do anything, either. I heard there is a utility that...

Distribution lists in Outlook2000
Is there a way to programatically create distribution lists in Outlook? For example, I have e-mail addresses in a database, and I use a select statement to retrieve them, and then I want to create a distribution list on outlook and add these e-mail addresses to that list. Is this possible to automate this? I mean programatically, not manually?? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! SG ...

Multi-select multi column list box
Hi, I'm using a 'simple' selection list box with multiple columns as criteria for a query running on my form. I've written the code: For Each vItm In Me.lstBud.Column(0).ItemsSelected strWhat = strWhat & "'" & Me.lstBud.Column(0).ItemData(vItm) & "', " Next vItm For Each vItm In Me.lstBud.Column(3).ItemsSelected strWhat1 = strWhat1 & Me.lstBud.Column(3).ItemData(vItm) & ", " Next vItm (column(0) is text & column(3) is not) but it's coming up with the error Run-time error '424': Objec...

outlook/word #2
Whenever I use the "a" key I get a backslash either before or after it. Ex: it is not a\ctua\lly the keybo\ard, a\s a\nother keyboa\rd will do the sa\me thing. we think it must be a\ virus or something. it wa\s a\ lot worse, even to the point of not being a\ble to use the computer a\t a\ll when it w\as bl\acked out a\nd beeping. ricky helped us reinsta\ll norton a\nd spybot a\nd ma\ybe something else. wh\atever he did helped a\ lot, a\ll but the typing problem. if ca\rol ha\s a\ny a\dvice, we're \all ea\rs. Any ideas? Thanks Does this problem occur in notepad? &...