How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it

I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide.  I need to find
and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them.  Instead, I
could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows.  In the customer
assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique
rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do.
0
fl (20)

This is one option:
=COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1
copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True

HTH
Ola Sandstr�m

Picture encl.:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1

|Filename: Clipboard01.jpg                                          |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3498     |

olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379019

You could try putting an "X" in the fourth column when there is a duplicate
then go thru the list deleting rows that don't have an "X"

Doug

Matthew in FL > wrote in message
<84A1EACE-D6C8-4019-8AA7-C545034D0A5B@microsoft.com>...
>I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide.  I need to find
>and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them.  Instead, I
>could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows.  In the customer
>assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique
>rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do.

0
dug4xl (12)

Excel 2007

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

auto complete replacement list
Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in through the auto complete options and adding them one by one. Thanks Tangy Auto Complete or Auto Correct? Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in contiguous cells above where you are now entering data. There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit. Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...

Excel
In Excel, although in Tools, Options, View, the grid lines box is checked, they don't show on my worksheet? Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. Look in Tools, Options, View and in the color box under the gridline box, make sure it is set for automatic -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26183 Also Format the cells' background color to "No Color"(default) and not ...

Find dependent workbooks
Hi, does anybody know of any existing code to find all the workbooks dependent on the current workbook? I assume such code would need user input as to which folders to look in, would then open one-by-one all ..xls files in that folder, and check all cells for the string name of the current workbook. I would attempt writing the code for myself, only I know it will take me ages, as I am not the best at VBA. Any help much appreciated Dom You can find the references/links that a workbook uses by: Edit|links. But finding the links in the other direction is opening each and checking to see ...

Create two rows based on one row
A worksheet has information in a single row. The new worksheet has columns. How can I create two rows per column in this new worksheet, based on information from the single row (key=document number, same amount for debit- and credit - but in a different row, accounts based on table) . Hi not really sure about your spreadsheet layout. Could you post an example (plain text - no attachment please) and describe your expected result based on this example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Toni wrote: > A worksheet has information in a single row. The new worksheet has > columns. ...