How do I find and delete links?

I have a large Excel file with many worksheets, every time I open it I'
asked if I want to update the data from another work book.

There are some links in there somewhere responsible for this and
can't find them. Edit ... links only shows me where they are pointin
to, not where they are nor giving me an option to remove them.

anybody know how?

thank

--
Markathepu
Markathepub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=353

Hi
goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)

"Markathepub" wrote:

> I have a large Excel file with many worksheets, every time I open it I'm
> asked if I want to update the data from another work book.
>
> There are some links in there somewhere responsible for this and I
> can't find them. Edit ... links only shows me where they are pointing
> to, not where they are nor giving me an option to remove them.
>
> anybody know how?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Markathepub
> Markathepub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3532
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314391

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

Manufacturing Job Cost Link to PO Line and PO Receipt
Upon our upgrade to GP 10 we encountered a “BUG”. We use the “Manufacturing Job Cost Module” to link our PO lines and RCT lines to jobs. Typically when you receive a po line that is linked to a job number, it carries the link to the receipt line, but since we upgraded to GP 10, this doesn’t work! The link is stored in the ICJC3100 and ICJC3110 for PO lines, ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 for PO RCTs. Currently the ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 tables don’t have the links that they should. We have not changed anything in the Transaction List Setup, it still is set to link “all” transactions. Any hel...

deleted email appear again
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining ...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

link append query to combobox
I have a form (tester) that contains two unbound comboboxes. The first, cboMRSearchChart looks up a specific ID number (text datatype) for a patient, and the second (cboDOVSearchChart), displays the dates of visit associated with that ID number. The two fields are from the table "Patient Visits," where an autonumber Chart ID serves as the primary key. The selection of a date updates a subform (sbfPatientVisits), which is related to the mainform via Chart ID number. The column with Chart ID is present in the Date of Visit combobox, but is hidden from view. In the NotInList event of t...

cannot delete business unit?
Hi, I am using microsoft CRM 1.2 with demo license of Adventure works Cycle. Is there any way to delete a "Business Unit". I go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles -> Business Management. The delete option for "Business Unit" and "User" is disabled there. I searched in groups and found a few discussion about deleting users which say that it is not allowed to delete mscrm users. However I did not find any reference about deletion of "Business Unit". The user guide that comes with the installation shows steps to delete a "...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

linking pictures
I have seen the many discussions on linking pictures and am running into trouble. I am using Access 2003. I have tried using the sample "Pictures2k" but can't figure out where I am going wrong. The form is based off a query, which brings together a bunch of information. 1. Placed photos in the same folder as the database. 2. Created a text field in our records table, named per 2k instructions 3. Added the name of one of the photographs to the field (example: name.jpg) 4. Added the field to the query from which the form is based 5. Created a picture frame, renamed it ...

How can you bulk delete failed emails?
I have a client that uses a third party to "SPAM" messages out to the public from their email list out of CRM. They just sent me an Excel spreadsheet with a list of about 30 emails that failed on the marketing endeavor. Is there a way for CRM to look up these failed email addresses and remove them from the appropriate accounts so that they do not try to send to them again? write a custom application which looks for failed emails and deletes them using crm sdk. Then use windows task scheduler or create a service to call your application on a specified period, once a day or ev...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

PST deleted
During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened. The card has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted! Any helps ? S. Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the Recycle Bin? "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:O26RWCZBGHA.2920@tk2msftngp13....

delete permanently #2
Dear Sirs, I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I find any macro which can delete mail permanently? Best Regards Hi QT, please Press Shift + Del -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "QT" <web_tur@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#0mbykcaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sirs, > > I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I > find any macro which can delete mail permanently?...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...

issue with ex2k7 ccr cluster and ntbackup
hi ng have a problem with my ex2k7 ccr cluster and ntbackup. because there is not a backup software available which support ex2k7, we use ntbackup for online backup. we backup every single database. the backup is running without problems and the eventlog seems to be clean but the logs will not deleted. on a single mailbox server, which hold the public folders, i see that ntbackup works fine and the logs are deleted after a succesful full backup. has anybody heard about such a behaviour? any hint will be appreciated. regards olaf Are you by chance backing up the passive cluster node with N...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

Finding data
Hi all, first post here at these forums :) I have a question/ problem that hopefully someone can answer for me. If anyone has the time, could they have a look at the attachment, i was easier that trying to explain it. But in a nutshell it involve finding data within sheets and totaling them on another sheet. The problem is that in my real world example, I will have 40 sheets and 100 rows of data, so performing it manually is out of th question. cheers, and thanks for your time. Charli +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: help1.zip ...

ADO Find method
I would like to know if there is a way to use the ADO Find method to find one of several values for a single column. See the following example: rstOpenJobProcess.Find "[proc#] = '940' or '941'" I would like to search for proc# '940' or '941'. I want to avoid using a like statement in the criteria (such as [proc#] Like '94*') because I may use '942' for something else in the future that I would not want to search for. Is there a way to use the Find method in this way? Alternatively, is there a clever workaround? Th...

PostNcDestroy delete this; ?
So, modeless dialog boxes are recommended to call PostNcDestroy for clean up. I see how this is a way to let the object clean itself up, but I see problems. I do // create m_pDialog = new CModelessDlg; m_pDialog->Create(...); // clean up delete m_pDialog; I think my way works, and is better, because, if you use the PostNcDestroy cleanup, what happens if the above call fails in Create ? The object has been allocated using new, but window has not beeen created, and so PostNcDestroy won't be called. I can put in my DestroyWindow of the window creating the modeless dialog: CTheCreating...

Delete color row
Hi, After I compare two worksheets (VB as below) and highlight the same value with colour, now I want to delete the same value row. The comparison VB that I have worked: Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(New,H5)=1" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 How do I write VB to delete color row? Raymond ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can't programmatically check for a color produc...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

Advanced find and seeing full path to mail
When doing an advanced find Outlook only show the sub- folder it is in. How do you get it to list the full path. Listing a sub-folder can be very hard if there are folders with the same name. This is with Outlook 2000. ...

Link in Outlook to an excel worksheet
I would like to no how to create a link in an outlook email to a worksheet in an excel workbook. Equivilent to Insert/file as hyperlink However, I want the path to specify the worksheet name so the paticular worksheet will be activated when the workbook is opened. Any help would be appreciated.. Hi, you could write a simple Auto_Open macro to select the sheet you want There's plenty of help on Auto_Open macros on exceltip.com or via google search. Ar -- HiAr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Best way to update links
When we open a file, it will ask us if we want to update links and it will ask "yes or no"? If you answer yes, it will say "not enough memory" u"nable to update external links". It does appear to be updating the information. Should I have any concerns as a result of the warning? Is this a result of a slow PC or the network? Would the better approach be to answer "no" and update the links manually? Thanks for your help in advance! ...