How do I expand Y-axis title so it shows all the words?

the title says it all
Version: Office 2003, Student Edition
0
GM (12)

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

Way to change font case all at once like in a word processor?
I did up some titles in mixed cases then realized that they printed out better in all upper case. Can we select all and change globally with a keystroke as in Word, etc.? I ended up doing these all manually as I couldn't find anything in the pulldowns re this or in help. Tx. I don't know very much about this place. I want to have two columns Susan Shane Sharon Ruth Vinnie And at the bottom I want to have '5' or '6' or whatever. Thankyou, my sister is getting married!! "StargateFan" wrote: > I...

Insert the word red, green or yellow based on a value
I am trying to insert a word like "Green" if the value is <1 or red if the value is >2 but less < 3 or Red if the value is >3. Can someone help? Thank You AL What do you want if the value is between 1 and 2? I'm going to assume that what you meant to say was you want Green if the value is < 1, Yellow if the value is >= 1 and <= 3, and Red if the value is > 3. Set the ControlSource of the text box to the following (including the = sign): =IIf([MyValue] < 1, "Green", IIf([MyValue] <= 3, "Yellow", "Red")) (repl...

Copied pdf file into Word doc/can print/can not view in doc...?
I have copied a portion of a pdf file into my word doc. I sent the doc to a friend and now my friend says when they open the doc it is blank. But when they print the doc everything shows up printed...HELP? Does your friend have the option set to show picture placeholders, rather than the pictures themselves? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Combo Box Showing numbers not dates
I have created a combo box with list of dates attached, but when I sellect a date from the list, it appears as a number (not date format). How do I change this? Thanks, Try: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() With ComboBox1 .Value = Format(.Value, "mm/dd/yy") End With End Sub --- While in design mode, right-click on the combobox and select "View Code". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have created a combo box with list of dates attached, but when I sellect a >date from the list, it appears as a number (not date format). How do I chan...

All contacts not showing up in Outlook 2003
When viewing contacts in the address book I only see those which either have a fax number or email. Those who only have a name and a home phone do not show up in the list eventhough they are in my contacts. Does anyone know how to show all contacts including those without an email address or fax number? Thanks, Charity Outlook is a messaging program. Accordingly, its address book contains only electronic addresses, since those are the only ones you need or can use in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charity" <banshee@peak.org> wrote in message news:ubQYTmP7DHA.2...

create View showing a conditional field
How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) ="Discount" else (name) = null thanks for your suggestions LAM LuisM (luisantony&@hotmail.com) writes: > How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from > other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) > ="Discount" else (name) = null name AS CASE WHEN value IS NOT NULL THEN "Discount" END -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarsko...

Contact Email Address Changed but Old Email address shows up
I had to update a contact's email address, however every time I type in his name to send him a new email, his old email address automatically is entered. Can you help me fix this problem? When it comes up as you're typing the address, use the arrow key to cursor to that entry oin the drop-down list and hit your Delete key. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "CS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f801c3c3f5$d...

How do I specify using lines or bars on graphs w/ 2nd value axis?
I am building a chart using a secondary axis with both the data displayed in both bars and lines. Everytime I add a new field Excel decides if it will be displayed as a bar or a line. How do I control that decision myself. I understand how to align data to a secondary axis, but not how to control the bar vs line option. Create your chart using all lines or all bars. Select one to change, and use Chart Type on the Chart menu to change it. Select the next to change and use the F4 function key shortcut for Repeat Last Action. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier ...

must use "Save As" after opening Word Perfect files
We have one user who, when he opens a WP doc, the document does not open with the document name (i.e. Sales.wpd), it opens as Document 1 (or 2, or 3, etc.). He can't just hit "Save" to save the document, the dialogue box comes up as "Save As". What could be causing this? It's only an issue with one user. No one else had this problem. Is the user opening the file from within Word or from an Explorer window (such as My Computer)? If the latter, then it would appear that the default action for .wpd files has been set to New rather than Open (althoug...

Can you make a Rule to test the absence of words?
Outlook 2003. Is there a way to create a rule that tests for the absence of words or phrases? For example, "move the email to x folder if the subject does NOT include "word y". Yes, you can construct a rule with no conditions, a move action, and an = "except if subject contains word y" exception condition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcod...

The document doesn't show any margins when I'm working on a doc
I can't see the margins as I'm working in the single page view of a document. I've checked to make sure that the settings are correct and they appear to be. The margins are set at 1 inch right and left, top and bottom. The ruler only shows the margins on the top not on the side. The top looks cropped and the view make the work surface look like a square instead of a normal rectangle. It's driving me crazy....please help. Assuming you're not working in Normal/Draft view, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Mic...

VBA Query that references a reserved word in one of the field names.
I am extracting data from Pervasive 9.1 using Excel VBA. I want to avoid using "SELECT * FROM TABLE1". Instead, I want to select specific field names. However, one of the field names is "DESC" which is a reserved word in Pervasive 9.1. Simboti Not familiar with pervasive but normally you can enclose reserved words in brackets [ ] or prefix with the table name Tablename!Desc or possibly even both [Tablename]![Desc], lastly, perhaps single quotes "'Desc'" Just some thoughts -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTA...

Is there a way to convert a EXCEL form into a WORD form?
Users: I have an existing form created by someone else, I would like to convert it to a WORD document form and make some changes. I need the individual cells to be meraged and the text box flyout to me drop-downs. Is it possible to do this without having to re-create the form in WORD. Thanks Why don't you do what you want to do in the existing Excel form? Excel is far better and easier to use to design forms. Merging the cells in Excel is done with the click of the mouse. I don't understand the "text box flyout to me drop-downs", but Excel does have drop downs, ...

Help JPG attachments not showing
When I receive emails with jpg attachments I only get the placeholder and no photo. I ca only assume I have turned off spmething, but cannot find how to turn it back on? Can anyone help. Mike. ...

CRM 3.0 Titles gone from Notes
We recently upgraded to 3.0 and have found that the new Notes listings in Accounts, Cases, etc. has removed the title of each note from the initial view. I see that the title is there if an individual note is opened up, however we would like to see it on the quick view page. We have standardized notes set up which makes it easy for our techs to put information in the same place each time for each customer. We would like for them to be able to make adjustments to any note without having to directly open each one to find out where the info goes first. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Getpivotdata....showing filter
ok, so i'm new to getpivotdata but it seems to be working....i run the pivot, its on the left side of the sheet, then i have a summary table that presents the data in an easier fashion to read. In my example, i have a vendor summary so it summarizes for all 10 classifcations what the $$ receipts are by vendor. But if the user sets the drop-down filter on the pivot to just two of the 10 classes then my getpivottable updates But you have no idea that the data is for only class xxx and yyy. does that make sense? is there a way to show the class filter.... or can the filter ...

Word macro to save files as .txt
Would like to strip formatting from large group of small files and save as text files. Can a Word 2003 macro be created that will take a folder of small .docs and save all .docs as .txt files. If so, how can this be done? If not, is there some other method that can be used to automate this task. Ultimately, would like to concatenate all .txt files into one large file and use in another program - not word processing program. Thanks You could modify the macro in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

Turning off Microsoft Word Tracking Changes
Is there a way to turn off Microsoft Word Tracking Changes Option. We do not want any of our users to turn this feature on. Thanks ...

Word Track Changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on a large document with several other people where we use track changes. The person's changes show in blue on their version of the document but when I open it they appear grey. I look at my preferences and grey isn't selected as an option. Any ideas? You most likely have the color set to Auto in which case reformatted text is marked with the default [usually black/gray] color. The other individual probably has the color set to Blue or By Author. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/14...

Mailbox names not showing up in Outlook global address book
We migrated from Server2000 standard with Exchange2000 to Server2003 Enterprise with Exchange 2003 all went well on initial migration. But now when we add a new user the mailbox appears, they can send and receive E-Mails, but thier name does not show up in the Outlook Global address list. Can anyone enlighten me? Got RUS? (Check the RUS to be sure it's running properly.) "Larry Schmaltz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10a0001c3f4c7$873f55d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We migrated from Server2000 standard with Exchange2000 to > Server200...

Page 1, Page 2, ...is showing up very large in the worksheet.
-- Web Traveler You are in Page Break Preview mode. Go to the View menu and choose 'Normal'. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tink54" <Tink54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ACFA0C-64BB-49CF-8E15-A08770BB7132@microsoft.com... > > -- > Web Traveler You're in Page Break Preview mode. Choose View/Normal. You are in page break view mode, go to view and switch it to normal mode. "Tink54" wrote: > > -- > Web Traveler ...

Word 2003- Emailing
In the past I regularly e-mailed a document straight out of Word 2003. Is this still possible? and how should I proceed to get this feature back? I use Vista Home Premium and Windows Mail. Thanks for your help. HanLee Windows mail cannot be used for the mailto optioin in Office - it requires at least a simple MAPI program which Windows Mail is not. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jo...

Reading Numbers in Words
I need a formulae that can read figures in a specific cell e.g 123 and change them into words (One Hundred Twenty Three) -- tarig Tarig, have a look here, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:433865C1-7417-4CAB-B582-7A0B2B3E1620@microsoft.com... >I need a formulae that can read figures ...

Why do I not see the whole axis title in Excel?
When I create a chart in Excel the whole axis title on the Y axis is not shown. If I press Enter I see the title in two rows but still the last part of the two rows is not shown. When I sent the file to a collegue she could see the whole axis title but when returning the file I could still not. Is there a bug in my Excel. I have restarted the PC but that did not help This is an intermittent problem, and seems to depend on a combination of screen resolution (wide aspect ratio monitors being more susceptible), zoom factor, font and font size, and perhaps other undefinables. I've only ha...