How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document?
I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users
and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each
time I update the report.
0
footer (1)

You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the
newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last
modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document?
>I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users
>and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each
>time I update the report.

0
anonymous (74722)

Excel Conditional Formula Problem
undefined::undefined::undefined I'm modeling the development of a 57 unit housing project, and need t determine the number of units under construction in any given month The inputs are as follows: C7: Total Units 57 C8: Unit Construction Start Month: 2 C9: Unit Construction Starts per Month: 2 C10: Unit Construction Cycle (months): 5 Row 48 contains the number of housing starts by month. There are 3 columns, which represent the total months in the project. I've writte a formula which indicates the number of housing starts per month. C4 through AL46...

Empty calendar dates bold...?
Hi I'm using Outlook 2002 (and ActiveSynch) and have noticed that several of the past dates in the little calendar date picker are bold even though there are no appointments or anything on that day. Any idea why, or how to fix it? Cheers Jerry how far 'past' ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Can't insert new column in Excel 2007
A colleague of mine extracts data via a Microsoft query into Excel. When he opens the file and simply tries to insert a new column, the new column momentarily appears and then disappears. He never had the problem in Excel 2003, only 2007. The worksheet is not protected. There are more than enough columns and rows (the data only occupies 75 columns and 1000 rows), and there are no merged or hidden rows. He emailed the file to me and I could freely add in additional columns and rows, without any restriction - very puzzling. Anyone have a fix ? Since you're seeing the new column (al...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

My pictures appear to be hidden on my Excel spreadsheet.
I created a spreadsheet with pictures in Excel 2003. My computer has been upgrade to Excel 2007. Now when I open my spreadsheet the pictures I had added do not appear. I know they are still there because they appear on Print Preview and the Picture Tools menu appears. They just seem to be invisible, which is hard because I can work with them. Try using the Find and Select button on the home tab of the ribbon. If you select Selection Pane (on the bottom of the menu) you can see all of the object and thier visibility status. If your pictures don't have the eyeball symb...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Excel window visible!
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet)at the execution of my script that read the first line third column ofa specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Hereis my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("D:\Robert\DOCUMENT\XLS \ClasseurDoc.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow =...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do you work the Excel timeline template?
I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do not know what they mean to change the dates. Probably they mean for you to enter your own dates in place of the example's dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "betsy" <betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E57933C-7F75-4E8A-B8C5-ACAF36CA2F4D@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do > not know what they me...

excel review bar
The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? View -> Toolbars then check reviewing -- Gary's Student "broke" wrote: > The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the > toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? Idiot, read the question... It aint there! Anyway ive sorted it now! "Gary's Student" wrote: > View -> Toolbars > then check reviewing > -- > Gary's Student > > > "broke&qu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Exporting from Smartlist to Excel error
I need to export records from a Smartlist into Excel. There are approximately 3800 records and everytime I try I get the following error: "Unhandled object exception:Call was rejected by callee" Any ideas what this error means?? I have searched this list, the Microsoft site and even Googled the error and have had no luck figuring out what this message means or how to fix it. Others users also have gotten this error when exporting large amounts of data into Excel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Dawn Hi, Dawn! I know some of my users occasionally get a err...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

date calculation #4
I am using excel for a inventory list and need to track the number o days an item has been in-stock. How can I create a formula to show m the number of days from the date entered to today's current date -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try =today()-e8 formatted as a number or datedif =DATEDIF(E8,TODAY(),"d") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "steveb1 >" <<steveb1.1bgere@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:steveb1.1bgere@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am using excel for a inventory list and need to track the numb...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Calendar
I am having this problem with Calendar in Outlook, which came as part of the Office Professional 2002 XP package. The error occurs after installation, and after installing Service Pak 3. Any time I type an appointment in the time slot for a particular day in a future day or a later time today, and hit Enter, the entry disappears from the time slot I wanted. Instead, the appointment shows up on today's date in the present hour and also that way in the list on Today's Calendar. If I enter the appointment in the New Appointment window, it shows up in the correct day and time in the Today&...

Dates in Tabs
Hi! I have recorded a macro to copy an existing worksheet and add it int the workbook. However the new sheet will show, for example, "Test (2)". I'd like th new tab to show today's date instead. Does anyone know if this can be done and, if so........... how?!? Many thanks, Dan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com post your code (macro) so that we can see where you are at this point. "Voodoodan >" <<Voodoodan.177wv5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Voodoodan.177wv5@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi! > > I have record...

Conditional formatting with expired dates after current
I am trying to get a cell to turn Red if the date that is in the cell is less than or equal to the current date. The formula I have in it already is: =EDATE(D2, 12) This takes the date that I plug into the column before it and just adds 12 months to it. Thanks for any help you can offer. V/R TODAY() is what you need to compare with, viz. use as the CF formula for that cell: =EDATE(D2, 12)<=TODAY() Format to taste, ok out. Success? hit YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Josh" wrote: > I am trying to get a cell to turn Red if the date that is in the cell...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

In Case You Didn't Notice
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980150 -- Regards, RD ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you installed the patch? And more importantly, does everything still work? <VBG> -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message news:%23zrTeFTwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http:/...

3-D Chart background picture prints only partly
Hi, I have a problem in printing Chart with background picture: The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual effect. I right-click the background and choose Format walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front and End. The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black- and-white printer. But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the chart background. Print Preview shows the pictu...

Excel report help
I did a quick search on this topic and to be honest found that I know s little about this topic, that I was lost trying to understand what saw. So to be honest, I am looking for someone to basically hand hol me through this problem. A coworker has a report that she files once a month, this report is culmination of four Excel reports into one. The four reports we ar combining consist of a beginning of month inventory, end of mont inventory, cost of inventory, and product ordered and shipped. The problem I am running into is that none of the reports she is abl to pull from our database has a...