how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?

i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas
for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have
to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help
0
enava (1)

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Entering amounts in the register
I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software. Back then, when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the decimal. The software entered it for me. There was a setting option that allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not. I have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and I want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in transaction amounts. "Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7955C431-94B9-47B9-AADF-E63C3...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

autofit: cell height expands with text entered?
For a form: can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and have the cell depth expand so it fits? does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell to handle the text the user might enter. I can't figure out where to set this... I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to another without luck. Thanks. Sandy Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do). Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Sandy wrote:...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Has Hierarchy the Parameter between years?
Hello Access 2003. I have a query with the following parameters. Like [Forms]![Search].[txtAAID] & "*" ‘Data are in TAA Like [Forms]![Search].[txtBBName] & "*" ‘Data are in TBB Like [Forms]![Search].[txtCityName] & "*" ‘ Data are in TCity Between [Forms]![Search].[txtFirstYear] And [Forms]![Search].[txtSecdnYear] ‘Data are in TYears Like [Forms]![Searc].[txtSpWrds] & "*" ‘Data are in TWrds All fields in tables are string and the db is relational. I have 5 txtboxes to enter data. To enter data in Yyear parameter I have two ...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Pointing to correct macro path using excel custom toolbar
I have created an excel 2000 template (.xlt) containing a number o macros. When I open copies of this template on various pcs, the macro function correctly, except I cannot successfully run the macros usin the custom toolbar I created, because (I think) within the toolbar th paths to the macros are pointed to the original location on my pc. An advice on how I can resolve this would be gratefully received -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you thought about building the toolbar when the file opens? Or maybe separating the worksheet portion of the template from the code pa...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...