How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.

0
Amy (241)

Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

for an addin that can set this up.

tj

"Amy" wrote:

0
tjtjjtjt (488)

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

Excel for dummies
I have the following two arrays A B 0.656762726 0.502636772 0.607062936 0.358819486 0.176421847 0.177496945 0.850282971 0.408820642 0.840389619 0.238850111 0.677780042 0.95826463 0.689123518 0.32826283 0.09339563 0.080583459 0.449812814 0.62147784 The covariance is 0.025759373 and the standard deviations are a: 0.269721719, b: 0.263401137. I would expect the correlation to be Cov(a,b) / (Stdev(a) * Stdev(b)) = 0.362578234 However, Excel calculates the correlation as 0.407900513. Please educate me. Thanks, Schiz Note that 0.407900513/0.362578234 = 1.125 And 9/8 = 1.125 Now look at the...

what code pulls in contents of a cell in an Excel header/footer?
I want to put a code in a header/footer to pull in the contents of cell a1. I thought it was \A1, but this doesn't work, and I can't find any reference to how to do this. Ronny, To my knowledge, there's no code. But you can paste this into the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub To do that, get into the VBE (Alt - F11). Double-click the ThisWorkbook item in the Project manager, which should open a window for the code behin...

Null value to "0" / Currency format
I have a crosstab query in which my columns, based on [BidType], give totals based on the field LineTotalSellPrice. It returns the totals properly with the expression: LineTotalSellPrice: Sum(([Quantity]*([UnitPrice]+[QuoteCost]))*[Markup]) ...however in the instances where nothing exists, it returns Null, or blank. I'd like to convert this to a currency value of $0.00, so I changed my expression to: LineTotalSellPrice: Nz(Sum(([Quantity]*([UnitPrice]+[QuoteCost]))*[Markup]),0) ...and it returns the proper value, but not in a currency format (even though the field's format proper...

Recover mailboxes/public folders without private/public stores #2
Here's the problem: The mailboxes and public folders are backed up; however, the actual priv.edb and pub.edb are not. Server crashed requiring complete rebuild. Is it possible to restore the mailbox/public folder data and reconstruct the pub/priv databases somehow? Pedro ...

Chart frequency of date/time value...?
This is probably simple but frankly, Excel and math are not my strong points and never were so please, I need some help. I have just one column that contains date/time values down the the second, i.e.: 11/6/2004 12:00:10AM 11/6/2004 12:00:24AM 11/6/2004 12:00:27AM I need to group this data somehow into ten or fiteen minute intervals and bar-graph the number of rows tallied per interval. Any help greatly appreciated! If anyone cares, btw, the data is actually from a firewall log and I need to determine traffic trends through the day(s). Thanks, -B Joe - This is a histogram. There are so...

Access Query w/ Unix Date Criteria
I have a pass through query that pulls information from an oracle datasource. I need to be able to set a date critera for a field in my query. For Example I want to only pull data where RES_DATE is greater than 12/01/2003. The RES_DATE field type is some unix time (example- 1072881348) I have tried just setting normal data critera in the access query but it doesnt like the format. Does anybody know how to set this type of criteria? Any help is appreciated-Corey The Unix Date is the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970. To convert from a regular date to a Unix date, use DateDiff(&q...

RMS 2.0 and Credit/Debit and Gift Card Processing Companies
Hello - I am having a heck of a time deciding on the right processing company for all my needs and compatibility with the rms software and my dell ultra small form factor system... I was originally told to go to Citi (first data) and then Chase (of which I have rates from both now) - Chase today told me that the gift card program is on a network that rms does not support -- First Data is trying to find out.. Does anyone know if First Data is completely compatible in ALL processing (including gift cards) for the RMS 2.0 software (before I sign a 3 year agreement)? Help (from a novice) ...

Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?
We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales staff. We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the Support staff as well? This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots. If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know... I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future. Thanks ...

Input Data in cells in a particular order w/ Excel
Does Excel have the ability to create a specific order for keying data into many separate cells? I am using a workbook sheet for data input. I want the cursor to move through that sheet in a particular order. I know Access has this capability with through forms. What about Excel? Thanks! Hi Select cells you want cycle through, holding Ctrl key down. The selection order has to be: 2nd, 3d, 4th, ..., last, 1st With selected cells highlighted, create a named range (Insert.Name.Define, or enter name directly into name box at left corner of formula bar). Whenever you start input, select thi...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Designing/Creating Zebra LP 2824 labels for RMS 2.0
Hi, I am trying to create a label to print on a Zebra LP 2824. I tried modifying the default Zebra label in RMS Labels folder with no luck. Also I downloaded a trial version of ZebraDesigner Pro. Tried to create a database connection since the field data is variable but it looks like the SQL server db now in RMS 2.0 is not supported with ZebraDesigner (I could not find the SQL file type *.mdf in the drop down menu - it works with Access, Excel, etc but apparently not SQL server). Any help/guidance with this is appreciated. Thanks Are you using the windows drivers for the zebra? ...

Excel 2003/2007 Compatibility
Excel 2003/2007 - I have hundreds of Excel files created in Excel 2003. There are small graphic files that were pasted, not file/insert into the spreadsheets. When an Excel 2007 person edits it and saved it, the next time an Excel 2003 sp3 user opens the file and tries to print it, that graphic file is much much larger. If I Insert a graphics file using Excel 2003, there is no compatibility problem Does anyone know of a fix or hotfix.? Thanks, Tom... ...

Excel/VBA
Help!!! Excel/VBA The need: To collapse a spreadsheet by deleting irrelevant rows conditioned on a cell in the row. Question 1: Is there an intrinsic way of doing this built into Excel? Question 2: I am trying to do it with VBA by cutting and pasting rows as follows : ActiveSheet.Rows("(SrcRow)").Cut ActiveSheet.Rows("(DsrRow)").Paste I keep getting “Type mismatch error” messages. I tried other variations but I get the impression that “Cut” and “Paste” and “Rows” and “Range” only accept constants to designate a range, not variables. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rob...

Recover lost excel tabs/spreadsheets from workbook
Have an excel workbook with multiple spreadsheets. For reasons unknown all the tabs have disappeared from the workbook except for one. I know they are still in the workbook, however, because the document size has not changed. Somehow, the tabs containing the balance of my spreadsheets in this workbook are just not displayed. How can these lost tabs be recovered? First, can you see any of the worksheet tabs? If yes, are you sure you haven't scrolled too far in one direction to see the others? Maybe using the VCR/DVR controls to the left of the sheettabs will allow y...

Deletiing $0.00 d/l's on Money + Dlx
When my credit union sends a check to a vendor it first notes the draft with a value of $0.00 and tries matching when I d/l the statement. Is there anyway I cannot or at least do a mass selection so I can delete up sometimes a dozen of these? -- Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance. There is no way to mass delete them and there is probably no way--short of just skipping the whole downloaded transaction thing--to avoid getting them. You could change FIs. The basic premise of Money is that you WANT to take the bank's data as gospel. Beyond that, their design a...

Freezing Date/Time after data entry.
If I want to make column A today's date, and column B Now, both of which function I know how to do, is there a way to freeze these two columns when I have entered data in, say, columns C through G so that I have an accurate record of time and date as to when the data in the other columns was entered that won't reset to today and now when I open up the spreadsheet again? One way would be to enter the DATE by pressing Ctrl and hold while pressing semicolon, and the TIME by Ctrl-Shift and colon.......these are permanent values which will not change as the formulas =TODAY() and =NO...

Short / long date format bug?
The computer is set to use the long date format and everything is OK until I make changes to a chart which causes all dates in all open worksheets to be displayed in the short date format. When excel is closed down and restarted the problem is resolved - but doing this is annoying. I can't see if this a known fault or if it has been introduced through a patch. Does anyone know anything about this strange behaviour please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Since posting this I haven't had one response. I can't believe I'm the only user experiencing this problem. Every time I...

excel autofilter down-arrow bad contrast blue/black when in use
small thing, but when in use the autofilter downward arrow highlights blue. looking at a row of auto filter arrows (that are black) it is hard to tell which filter you have got selected. Can you change the colour? if not why not? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messa...

Starting Excel/help required
:cool: Is there a method where-by I can start excel with same file nam of the file it can't find. Excel is invoked when phone rings, i searches for file of same phone number and loads it if found. If no found it just loads a standard file. My first posting please help -- ASBass ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ASBassi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1531 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26941 Hi though possible this would require some code. You need at least a servic...

Outlook 2003 will not automatically send/receive
I have all the settings to automatically send and receive, but I cannot send/receive without clicking on send/receive button. Configure polling for not less than 10 minutes and configure to to send immediately when connected, and include the group in the send if applicable "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:livff3pi9utubi22bn4qkl7jsmmqu2373k@4ax.com... >I have all the settings to automatically send and receive, but I > cannot send/receive without clicking on send/receive button. ...

WSS3.0/SSE
When we install SSE into WSS 3.0, we get to the Search Server Configuration page and set an account for the Search Center Account. When we specify an account with administrative privileges (against Microsoft recommendations), it works. When we specify the same account we use for the Default Account for Services (again, against Microsoft recommendations, it fails the Search Center creation task. With this in mind, what permissions does the account specified for the application pool account for the Search Center site need to have? Thanks so much! ------=_NextPart_0001_B8B0B94...

HP IPAQ/Excel
I have an HP IPAQ 1945. It will not download Excel. How can I get the IPAQ to do this? ...