How do I enable Excel's "formula prompt?"

Excel on my old laptop would "prompt" me as I entered a formula. By prompt, I
mean that a small beige box (comprised of a single line of text) would appear
outlining the formula arguments as I typed. It was akin to the formula
wizzard, but not nearly as comprehensive - a kind of reminder of the
variables necessary to complete the formula. This ability was enormously
useful and appears to be disabled on my new laptop.  How can I enable it?
0
Amalpert (1)

The Function tooltips feature is available in Excel 2002 and later
versions. To turn the feature on:

Choose Tools>Options
On the General tab, add a check mark to 'Function tooltips'
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I enable Excel's "formula prompt?"
Excel on my old laptop would "prompt" me as I entered a formula. By prompt, I mean that a small beige box (comprised of a single line of text) would appear outlining the formula arguments as I typed. It was akin to the formula wizzard, but not nearly as comprehensive - a kind of reminder of the variables necessary to complete the formula. This ability was enormously useful and appears to be disabled on my new laptop. How can I enable it? The Function tooltips feature is available in Excel 2002 and later versions. To turn the feature on: Choose Tools>Options On the General...